Jake Lucchini
Sam Miletic
Billy Moskal
Sam Poulin
Josh Williams

G:

Alex D'Orio
Emil Larmi

No particular surprises, looks like it should be stronger than last year at least (which is a very low bar)

edit:

Almeida and Bjorkqvist still not fit; Bellerive is listed as a C.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
not surprising but a bummer that Kaspar Bjorkqvist is not able to play yet. I know he had shoulder surgery, anyone have any idea if they ever put a time frame on recovery for him?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I noticed that StarWinger, Hopesandreams, and Fran Chise de la Futur, were left off the roster again.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Shady Machine

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Damn, literally not a single player they invited seems like much of anything.

These invites rarely amount to anything, but you never know.

Moskal is apparently very fast, good in the dot and in his own end, but his hands haven't caught up.

Williams was a 5th overall in the WHL draft, but broke his collarbone in his rookie year. Prior to last season he was projected to be a fairly high NHL pick after outscoring guys like Cozens and Krebs and tying for the team lead in goals at the Hlinka tournament (Canada U18 at eliteprospects.com) but for whatever reason it didn't translate to the Dub last year. Maybe he finds his mojo.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Out of the 17 free agents invited to development camp only Williams, Ross and Moskal have made it back to the tournament. That tells me that JR is very likely to sign one of them to an NHL deal. I'd definitely sign Williams and maybe even Ross if he impresses.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah. Could be this year's Almeida.

Almeida was drafted off a 98 point season.

Even Bellerive had ~50 points iirc. There were legit questions about why he wasn't drafted from the moment it wasn't over. Williams still has a lot of potential and yeah, if he puts it together he could look as promising as those guys, but he's not in the same boat in terms of having shown its happening. Maybe not even on the same body of water.

I dunno. It's an interesting group of invites, but its not a good one. At least not right now.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Almeida was drafted off a 98 point season.

Even Bellerive had ~50 points iirc. There were legit questions about why he wasn't drafted from the moment it wasn't over. Williams still has a lot of potential and yeah, if he puts it together he could look as promising as those guys, but he's not in the same boat in terms of having shown its happening. Maybe not even on the same body of water.

I dunno. It's an interesting group of invites, but its not a good one. At least not right now.
What I meant to say is that Williams could get drafted after his first year of draft eligibility, like Almeida, if he has a successful season. Well, unless we sign him first and save ourselves a draft pick.

Almeida was coming off a 28 pts season in his draft year. Williams just came off a 33 pts season. Not a huge difference in production, but the talent is undeniably there in both cases.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What I meant to say is that Williams could get drafted after his first year of draft eligibility, like Almeida, if he has a successful season. Well, unless we sign him first and save ourselves a draft pick.

Almeida was coming off a 28 pts season in his draft year. Williams just came off a 33 pts season. Not a huge difference in production, but the talent is undeniably there in both cases.

Oh, with you.

Thing is signing him now would be a bit risky - if he does Almeida-esque things, then he's probably not available in the draft anyway. Either way, right now, I feel like he's of tenuous interest.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Oh, with you.

Thing is signing him now would be a bit risky - if he does Almeida-esque things, then he's probably not available in the draft anyway. Either way, right now, I feel like he's of tenuous interest.
Yeah let's see how he does in the tournament. Hopefully he impresses like Bellerive did and gets an ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->