Penguins Announce "Prospects Challenge" Roster

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
People were giving me a hard time last Summer because I said we were underrating Angello. :p:

Seriously though, good to see how he's coming along. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him in the preseason.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
People were giving me a hard time last Summer because I said we were underrating Angello. :p:

Seriously though, good to see how he's coming along. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him in the preseason.
I'm still not expecting a whole lot out of him. But if we could get our own knockoff version of Adam Lowry out of him, I'd be very pleased with that.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's interesting to hear from Pronman because I recall him not being super high on Lafferty in the past. Lafferty is a really interesting player to watch next year, even beyond the fact that I played with and against him back in his Mid State Mustangs days. What exactly is he going to be? I think what kinda hurts him is that he was an off the board pick in 2014 that a lot of people chalked up to pandering to Pittsburgh amateur hockey, which basically made him a write off prospect.

I think he'll top out as a rich man's Joe Vitale, probably a borderline 3C/4C that's mostly just a gritty PKer. But is there something there beyond that? Lafferty's 49 points in 70 games as a rookie is better than anything Vitale ever did in the AHL, but Vitale's college career was basically Lafferty's college career but better.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That's interesting to hear from Pronman because I recall him not being super high on Lafferty in the past. Lafferty is a really interesting player to watch next year, even beyond the fact that I played with and against him back in his Mid State Mustangs days. What exactly is he going to be? I think what kinda hurts him is that he was an off the board pick in 2014 that a lot of people chalked up to pandering to Pittsburgh amateur hockey, which basically made him a write off prospect.

I think he'll top out as a rich man's Joe Vitale, probably a borderline 3C/4C that's mostly just a gritty PKer. But is there something there beyond that? Lafferty's 49 points in 70 games as a rookie is better than anything Vitale ever did in the AHL, but Vitale's college career was basically Lafferty's college career but better.

Remember, that's Pronman reporting on info given to him, not his own impressions. But given he had Lafferty as legit/chance bubble in his write-up this summer I think that yes, he's higher on him than he was.

I think there's legit 3rd line upside there, but I don't know if he gets there. I do think there's probably not much point looking at an NCAA career spent at a bad side after he surprised the Pens coaches and made a big impression first season in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->