Confirmed with Link: Penguins Announce Prospect Development Camp Roster

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This just depresses me about Jordy....anyone hearing anything about how he’s doing?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Jack DeBoer is son of SJ coach Pete Deboer.

The goalies are probably the more impressive guys invited. Some good numbers in high scoring leagues.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

found this write-up about this kid committing to UNH. could be an interesting player.

"He plays a mature, deliberate game..a strong, powerful skater..a heads up defender who can handle the puck under duress..smooth hands and offensive instincts."

The Neutral Zone scouting service has designated MacKinnon as a 4-Star prospect on their 5-Star rating scale

The 5'11", 202 lbs. left-shot defenseman served as the Alternate Captain for the Des Moines Buccaneers. As the youngest defenseman on the team, MacKinnon started on left defense in the second game of the season and went on to start in nearly half the Bucs' games. He also played on their first penalty kill unit in many games.

"His best attribute is his shot; he has great power and an instant release which makes him a scoring threat even from the blue line. He’s strong on his skates and on his stick and did a nice job keeping pucks in the offensive zone and seemed to have developed great sense for when to pinch and when to retreat. He played a puck possession game here and carried the puck up ice regularly to lead or compliment the rush and showed smooth hands and offensive instincts."

THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOG: Physical Defenseman Will MacKinnon Commits to UNH

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Some concerning names missing.

Praying for a gen somewhere in there.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I guess Lauzon is still injured then?
And Bellerive might still be revovering too, which is no suprise.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Heard pre-draft that Aiden McDonough was pretty good. Another interesting name is Mitchell Chaffee imo.

Most of our top prospects are not attending... which is weird.

Bellerive and Lauzon recovering from injuries. Sprong, ZAR and Simon probably held to have graduated.

That leaves Blugers, Dea... no, wait, everyone who played for the Baby Pens last year. Huh. Wonder why.

Incidentally, I'm glad people have heard these players are better than their numbers read.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Bellerive and Lauzon recovering from injuries. Sprong, ZAR and Simon probably held to have graduated.

That leaves Blugers, Dea... no, wait, everyone who played for the Baby Pens last year. Huh. Wonder why.

Incidentally, I'm glad people have heard these players are better than their numbers read.
Angello, Lafferty and Johnson are also not on the list.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I think it's a good thing actually. They already have an idea of how good the guys in WBS are. It gives us an opportunity to invite more FA prospects and hopefully we can find a gem.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hopefully we'll invite a few more guys to the prospect tournament. None of these guys seem to scream jump out and sign me.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
There are undrafted kids in Minnesota that should be there.

The thing I'm loving is Marco Sturm being there. I would love to see him in the mix.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Bluleger and Dea are also not under contract as of yet. No idea if thats taken Into consideration? But yeah, probably dont need to evaluate the WBS regulars as much as players who are playing on other clubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad