Confirmed with Link: Penguins Announce Prospect Development Camp Roster

schommer75

Oct 2, 2010
Lizotte played for my hometown NAHL team (right after I moved of course) so I’m rooting for him to have a good showing obviously, also hope we find a serviceable player, from what I’m reading from you guys it’s throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
Is the 3 on 3 tourney worth attending? Was thinking of going after work tomorrow

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
They are just trying to find out who is ridiculous injury prone now, so they won't bother signing them. The Pens break even the most stalwart of player. No glass jaws allowed anymore.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They are just trying to find out who is ridiculous injury prone now, so they won't bother signing them. The Pens break even the most stalwart of player. No glass jaws allowed anymore.

No, it’s the other way around...they’re trying to find the most injury-prone so they can sign them—the perfect Pens player, will fit right in

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sounds like Lauzon's been dealing with a neck injury all season long. That might explain his underwhelming numbers.

On the one hand, yeah...

On the other hand, development wise, I'd probably rather he'd just had underwhelming numbers. I dunno how much that neck will mess with him next year.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Is it just me, or is there a lot less write ups than usual?

I mean, sure, they are just doing drills so far. But usually you can at least find stuff like "player X has really good speed", or "player X just roofed 3 shots in a row, showing NHL shot already", or whatever tidbits it might be.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

I mean, sure, they are just doing drills so far. But usually you can at least find stuff like "player X has really good speed", or "player X just roofed 3 shots in a row, showing NHL shot already", or whatever tidbits it might be.

No one expects these guys to get to the NHL. There is less than zero interest in these prospects. Well...of the nearly 40 of em, maybe like 3 can. But, it wont be next year or the year after. No real bluechips at this point. It is hard to write about players who have so much growing to do still.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Yeah, there's usually more. Might be more on the 3v3 day.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Fond memories of the time they made the nhl players carry big rocks up a hill... Letang got hurt before that part.

On the one hand, yeah...

On the other hand, development wise, I'd probably rather he'd just had underwhelming numbers. I dunno how much that neck will mess with him next year.

Yeah. A teenager having a season long neck problem makes me nervous for his health limiting him as a player long term and it’s lost him development time already.

Reactions: EightyOne

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

It has to be the weakest development camp group in the league - our prospect pool is shallow to begin with and most of the interesting guys are either injured or have already graduated from this camp. Not a lot to write home about there.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad