Post-Game Talk: Penguins 7, Rangers 2 - Broken Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
We can do better than what Brassard has given us this year. Sure.

But, do we actually need to with Cullen, Grant and Sheahan in the wings?

I’d rather not move a UFA for a 30+ year old with at minimum 3 years left in Staal or Carter.

Absolutely. Brassard has struggled in the 3C role particularly when he doesn't have Kessel, which kind of limits our middle six flexibility if we want to keep Brassard even moderately effective. None of these guys you mentioned are near as good as Brassard, so I don't see how they would solve anything.

As far as I'm concerned, Carter and Staal's deal lengths are features, not bugs. These are players I'd want to retain through the end of the core's prime window, which is the next few years. I'm confident they'll be good players over that period - much more confident than anything we'd find in FA. But if you think there are better options for us in FA, I'd like to hear them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sid is like 10th in the league, 2nd among forwards, with a +18.

Between that and his new PK role, what is he trying to do, win a Selke? :sarcasm:

Silently too. I never see anything about him on nhlcom. It's like they are shunning the guy. Everyday is OV and Eichel or the western guys.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Silently too. I never see anything about him on nhlcom. It's like they are shunning the guy. Everyday is OV and Eichel or the western guys.
It’s how the modern day sports media works. Sid is old news now. Plus he’s so robotic in his pressers and never does anything wild off the ice so he’s boring to cover. They want new, fresh talent. Guys who wear flashy suits and hats and always have some hip comments to shoot off at the mouth with.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sid is like 10th in the league, 2nd among forwards, with a +18.

Between that and his new PK role, what is he trying to do, win a Selke? :sarcasm:

56.8% in the dot too, the best F/O percentage of his career.

QONVIyz.gif

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
This kind of doesn't make sense if you call them a collection of 2nd pair D-men.

The real thing was they were suppressing shots, all of them (forwards and D-men), so I'd say it was kind of mutual.

They won both because they had depth out the wazoo... A good portion of 2017 he wasn't even there.

I forgot about that. I think we led the league, or was close to the top in shot blocks and shot against. And I should hand over some credit to Flower for 17'

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It’s how the modern day sports media works. Sid is old news now. Plus he’s so robotic in his pressers and never does anything wild off the ice so he’s boring to cover. They want new, fresh talent. Guys who wear flashy suits and hats and always have some hip comments to shoot off at the mouth with.
Between the ice and gym I don't think Sid really does do anything else. The guy has been in primo shape for over 12 years now.... I was in prime shape for 1 maybe 2 straight years and what a challenge to keep it up. Given I wasn't being paid millions to do it. Still. Sid is pretty dry I will give you that. He is a maniac for hockey, which makes me wonder when he will hang'em up. After this contract or will he go into his 40's.

I dont think he can quit if he stays healthy.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
man, if you remove the HBK period from Bonino's time here, he was worse than Sutter, don't @ me

people (rightfully, because winning a cup is awesome) remember Bones way more fondly than his (regular season) play warranted.

13 points in his first 50 games here....then Malkin got hurt. The rest is history.

But atleast he was PKing....playing hard when not scoring.

But yah. Take out a hot March, he was producing like Craig Adams.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
20-6-5. I’ll take that team over whatever stupid defensive C people want.

I guarantee if we move Brassard for a Soderberg type we become a worse team.

Soderberg would fit alot better.

Hell he is outscoring Brassard. Has offensive pedigree but is good all around. Unlike Brassard.

Soderberg has a three 40+ point seasons.

A Soderberg type makes us much better. An offensive skilled 3C who actually PKs and does some dirty work.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Weird part with Brassard is...HE did look like a fit before that first injury. He had 8 points in 14 games.

And again. Never got why that
Rust-Brassard-Kessel line got broken up. It was really good.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
13 points in his first 50 games here....then Malkin got hurt. The rest is history.

But atleast he was PKing....playing hard when not scoring.

But yah. Take out a hot March, he was producing like Craig Adams.

You must have missed April to June where in the playoffs he put up 18 points in 24 games. Then missed the 37 points in 80 games the following season.

Bonino had 91 points in 188 games in his time here (40 points per 82 games). Take out that March and it’s 78 points in 172 games (37 points per 82 games).

So nothing like Adams.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You must have missed April to June where in the playoffs he put up 18 points in 24 games. Then missed the 37 points in 80 games the following season.

Bonino had 91 points in 188 games in his time here (40 points per 82 games). Take out that March and it’s 78 points in 172 games (37 points per 82 games).

So nothing like Adams.

You're missing my point.

My point was that if we would've tossed Bonino to the trash after his first 50 games. We would've never got what he gave us in the cup run and the season after.

My point is to be patient and maybe Brassard turns it around...like Bonino did.

I remeber ALOT of people wanting him gone. I mean could you blame them? 3 goals in 50 games....

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Soderberg would fit alot better.

Hell he is outscoring Brassard. Has offensive pedigree but is good all around. Unlike Brassard.

Soderberg has a three 40+ point seasons.

A Soderberg type makes us much better. An offensive skilled 3C who actually PKs and does some dirty work.

Soderberg also gets played 16-17 minutes a night.

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad