Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Lightning 2 - Kunitz Inspires A Pens Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because B2B's are still that, *hard* and not having depth to counter so many means everything. I don't care if they are away or home sitting waiting.

You are taking a two month stretch and comparing it to 5 months, really 3 months and a week.

1 B2B - Dec. The easiest of all months.
3 B2B's - Jan: They have 3 B2B's in a 15 day span in Jan. 2 in less than a week. 2 days between them.
3B2B's - Feb: 1 to start off 2 in a 8 day span
41/2 B2B's -March: is worse than Jan. but I didn't notice before, but they also close out March with one into the first game in April 4 1/2 B2B's
1 1/2 B2B's - April: One leading into the week and one closing the lone week.

You are not looking at the schedule very well.

They are not easy whatsoever.

You seem to be having trouble differentiating between "easy schedule" and "easier than what they've had these past two months".

No team in the NHL has an "easy" schedule at any point in the season. Even during easy months, there will still be back to backs or a stretch of road games or a stretch of 5 games in 9 nights or something. But teams can have EASIER stretches to their schedule.

The Pens, after their ridiculous start to their schedule, have an EASIER (in comparison to what they've just gone through) rest of the season.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You seem to be having trouble differentiating between "easy schedule" and "easier than what they've had these past two months".

No team in the NHL has an "easy" schedule at any point in the season. Even during easy months, there will still be back to backs or a stretch of road games or a stretch of 5 games in 9 nights or something. But teams can have EASIER stretches to their schedule.

The Pens, after their ridiculous start to their schedule, have an EASIER (in comparison to what they've just gone through) rest of the season.

I just showed you 3 months and 1 week they don't.

This isn't rocket appliances here.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I just showed you 3 months and 1 week they don't.

This isn't rocket appliances here.

Actually, the schedule does ease up a bit. We have more home games and less quality in the opponents we face. The hardest part is over. Still difficult but it is easier.

The three best teams in the league arguably are TB, NASH, and STL. We already played those teams six of the seven times that we play them. We already played WAS in WAS twice, so in regards to all these difficult games being behind us, I can't see us not making huge strides in the standings moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icarium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad