Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Lightning 2 - Kunitz Inspires A Pens Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
* Jarry was incredible tonight.

* Sid and Phil really stepped up.

* Letang was more up than down, which is progress.

*Obviously, all of that 5 on 3 time and then scoring on the 5 on 3 helped, but this game really was dictated by Jarry's incredible start and then Rust's shorty.

* The Pens were a lot better 5 on 5, but also only tied the Lightning 5 on 5. I asked in the GDT how man games in which the Pens have outscored the opposition 5 on 5. I'll bet that I can count them on one hand.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
2ku6xqa.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Looked alright to me. Really liking Hunwick's game, overall.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
+++++Sid
Clearly the best player on the ice tonight. Zoned in.

+++++Jarry
Kept us in during the first 15 minutes of the game.

+++++Kessel
Another amazing game.

+Sheahan
Thought he played a nice conservative game.

——-Hags
Get him outta here.

——Kuhnhackl
Nobody needs a third string goalie on the roster.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thought the effort trended north tonight, boys. The battle level is not exactly where it needs to be, but it was much better than it has been all season. We need that night in and night out to win consistently in the NHL. That's my major takeaway. I saw more 50/50 battles won with urgency instead of watching us dick around and think we deserve it. Really happy to see that. We were still sloppy with our assignments, but that's a huge plus because it's our #1 problem. Great stuff.

+ Sid, Jarry, Horny, and Kessel. Those 4 are my top tonight. Thought they were all incredible. But ultimately it comes down to the effort, focus, and battle level. I felt that was much better tonight. Still a lot of times where we struggle, but that's what I wanted to see the most.

Reactions: zero8771

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Our compete level was great tonight, our execution at times was a bit off but overall we were opportunistic and prevailed against a very good team.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Congrats to Jarry on his first NHL win!

Sidenote: So his name is pronounced Jar-ee but he has Tom & Jerry on his mask? Maybe not the best decision... :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Thought the effort trended north tonight, boys. The battle level is not exactly where it needs to be, but it was much better than it has been all season. We need that night in and night out to win consistently in the NHL. That's my major takeaway. I saw more 50/50 battles won with urgency instead of watching us dick around and think we deserve it. Really happy to see that. We were still sloppy with our assignments, but that's a huge plus because it's our #1 problem. Great stuff.

+ Sid, Jarry, Horny, and Kessel. Those 4 are my top tonight. Thought they were all incredible. But ultimately it comes down to the effort, focus, and battle level. I felt that was much better tonight. Still a lot of times where we struggle, but that's what I wanted to see the most.

One can evaluate a team's needs more accurately when they play like they did tonight.

I think the only thing missing for Sid still is that burst through the middle of the ice. And, that may be as simple as continuing to find his legs. We'll see . . .

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Let’s not overrate Jarry like we did Bluegar during the rookie tournament.(remember that)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jarry was tremendous, Phil was phil and Sid is starting to get his groove back. The schedule gets easier and so does the quality of opponent. Finally Some positives.

Also I think Sheahan has quietly been very solid.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad