Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Senators 0 - Pens Clinch #2 In Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
By the way, alot of our games would have looked like this if we had better goaltending this year. This goes for all 3 goalies(forget Niemi, he doesnt count).

Before the deadline Murray was playing pretty good. When he got hurt, both backups were letting in too many...making each game an adventure. And when Murray came back it was the same.

There were way too many games that were nailbiters because of goaltending. Nice to see us finish off the last game of the season the right way.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Awww my feed cut out for the jersey thing. Bummer. I want to see this :/

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
- Geno not getting 100 points but getting in lots of niggle. Punish them where it really hurts Geno - on the scoreboard.

- My near heart attack when Letang went down hard on his shoulder. It would be so Letang to go nearly an entire season fit then get injured with three minutes left in an already won game 82.

- Throwing crap in front of the net. Both our ends and theirs - too many optimistic passes for double-marked guys in front of the net when we were boxed out, too many nice chances for them once it got behind ours.

- The Rush. Other than the last one, I don't think we scored direct on an odd man rush at all and I feel that's the story of the season. We destroyed other teams there last season.

+ DeSmith's shut out. Thank Odin we got away with this appalling tactical decision.

+ Bank shots. Every goaltender we face will be crapping themselves when the puck goes behind them and they can't see it.

+ Shots from the point. Loved Oleksiak's, love the chaos we cause doing so.

+ 4th line - they started in our zone and finished the action in their zone; all one can ask other than goals

+ Commitment. They really wanted that clean sheet.

+ Penalty kill. Hopefully they build some confidence from that.

We had an insane shooting percentage last year, everything went in...this year is below average...we aren’t going to kill teams as a counterattacking team...that’s why Sully won’t be playing last yesr’s collapse defense...we’ll be sinking or swimming with Letang pinching and generating possession and shots....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
@Ryder71

I love your honest opinions from observations of the games here and there..

You need to be more positive and just pray they tighten up D ,coaching staff do better, Letang stop being awful in which he will be and whatever else to 3- peat if not it will be another season to win a cup..
winning a Stanley cup is hard and brutally..

It is what it is with this team in this particularly season.. yes their is a lot of negatives and hell lot of positives..
I realize this team might not have the identity they once had and it frustrating to see and watch.. no point of calling it out anymore like we have.. you do every game since I decided to make a account.. I don’t see positive comments from you sometimes it only should be faith in them right now .. they clinched the playoffs and home advantage.. all you can do is hope and place positive vibes for them to be better than this in playoffs after long two years and long brutal scheduling season..

You don’t have to reply .. if don’t want.. it’s fine..

This is stan...your biggest fan

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Couple of things mentioned in the TSN telecast i feel i should bring up to those that missed:

Jonathan Pitre, the young boy who suffered from a terrible skin disease passed away on Wednesday. Sid got him a suit tailor made a couple years ago when he was GM for the day in Ottawa.

And the Humboldt Broncos Jr A team in Sask. was involved in a tractor trailer collision on the way to a playoff game today. Mulitiple fatalities reported. Just awful.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
@Ryder71

I love your honest opinions from observations of the games here and there..

You need to be more positive and just pray they tighten up D ,coaching staff do better, Letang stop being awful in which he will be and whatever else to 3- peat if not it will be another season to win a cup..
winning a Stanley cup is hard and brutally..

It is what it is with this team in this particularly season.. yes their is a lot of negatives and hell lot of positives..
I realize this team might not have the identity they once had and it frustrating to see and watch.. no point of calling it out anymore like we have.. you do every game since I decided to make a account.. I don’t see positive comments from you sometimes it only should be faith in them right now .. they clinched the playoffs and home advantage.. all you can do is hope and place positive vibes for them to be better than this in playoffs after long two years and long brutal scheduling season..

You don’t have to reply .. if don’t want.. it’s fine..
But this particular matter isn't about opinion. I'm happy for desmith, he played well, good for him and good for us. But when you have something of significance on the line, you put out your best line up. Provided of course that they are healthy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
As for the Murray v. DeSmith thing. I would've gone with DeSmith as well. Home ice means less than making sure our #1 is healthy and rested--even if it's just one extra night of rest. We're in no matter the result of tonight, and we were fully capable of beating Ottawa whomever started in net.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's less about this board specifically and more about the nature of the internet/humans. Ryder is far from the only person here that parades their opinion around as absolute fact.

From what little time I waste on other team forums...this one is for sure one of the best. At least we have a bunch of regular posters parading opinions...some other teams are ghost towns.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This is stan...your biggest fan

giphy.gif

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
You're apparently having trouble comprehending, because I'm not wrong and it's not an issue predicated on opinion. It's about common sense. And in that context, when you play a meaningful game you play your best players. Again, just because we got away with it, doesn't prove anything. I even said early on in the GDT we'd likely get away with it. Doesn't make it a smart decision. It has nothing to do with Desmith or Murray specifically. It has to do with playing the best player available.
Could be that Murray may be the best of the two players in the grand scheme of things, but at this particular point in time, he isn't, for whatever reason.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad