Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Kings 3 (OT) - The Quintessential 2018 Penguins Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Our record is really good when he’s in the line-up. Those expect 2C production from him especially with out injuries maybe need to realize they were severely overrating how good a 3C can be.

Look at Kadri’s production when Matthews been healthy for example.

So he’s a good luck charm?

Reactions: vodeni

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pettersson has some nice skills but he really needs a off season of some serious strength and conditioning. But if he cam mature into a decent body, he allows some moves to happen.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
No he’s a really skilled player playing 3C with Riley Sheahan as his wing.

He might be but you could’ve fooled me if a guy from WBS was wearing his jersey tonight. The guy swatted at a few pucks and that’s about all I saw. Cullen looked 20x the better player despite being 900 years old.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Our record is really good when he’s in the line-up. Those expect 2C production from him especially with out injuries maybe need to realize they were severely overrating how good a 3C can be.

Look at Kadri’s production when Matthews been healthy for example.

You keep Brass because he doesn’t hurt the team when he plays at C and adds flexibility if one of the big Cs go down.

I mean, statistically, it is true, but gaht **** if he isn't some sort of Kane/Toews level intangible, because throughout the game, I can't ever see WTF he does to help them win (other than a few goals here and there shut up I know he isn't fully disappeared).

Reactions: BillPrep

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Maatta with almost 4 minutes of PP time. I would rather see 44 year old Sergei Gonchar put on some skates and run this powerplay in a suit and tie than see Ollie Maatta on it ever.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean, statistically, it is true, but gaht **** if he isn't some sort of Kane/Toews level intangible, because throughout the game, I can't ever see WTF he does to help them win (other than a few goals here and there shut up I know he isn't fully disappeared).

He generally is outchancing the other team. That is all you need from a 3C along with 30 point production.

He was one of our few positive chance forwards on the ice and didn’t get a single o-zone start. He also generally is on the ice for GFs while not GA.

Once again, Bones looked exactly like this in the first half of 15-16.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Maatta with almost 4 minutes of PP time. I would rather see 44 year old Sergei Gonchar put on some skates and run this powerplay in a suit and tie than see Ollie Maatta on it ever.

I would too but we don’t have anyone else who could QB it while Tanger is out.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
That OT exemplifies what i think the NHL wants to see with 3 on 3

I have ZERO issues with 3v3 OT. I don't care about purity of the game or any of that shit with OT decisions--if we aren't gonna just go back to Ties then whatever finishes games is whatever. OT is currently exciting and decides games. Much preferred to a shootout or the slogfest of 4v4 OT.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
dude, if you're trying to say Letang is anything short of great for this team this year you are just plain out to lunch.

I'm not saying that. But I think this team could be just as good or maybe better without as crazy as that sounds. I think it's no coincidence MM actually has a great game when the defense kept everything in front for the most part and he didn't see a bunch of breakaways or odd man rushes.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I have ZERO issues with 3v3 OT. I don't care about purity of the game or any of that **** with OT decisions--if we aren't gonna just go back to Ties then whatever finishes games is whatever. OT is currently exciting and decides games. Much preferred to a shootout or the slogfest of 4v4 OT.
I found it to be really exciting tbh, likewise i much prefer OT to a shootout or tie.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not saying that. But I think this team could be just as good or maybe better without as crazy as that sounds. I think it's no coincidence MM actually has a great game when the defense kept everything in front for the most part and he didn't see a bunch of breakaways or odd man rushes.
you're wrong. Even though opinions can't TECHNICALLY be wrong, this one is as close as it gets.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Really should be Riikola. He likes strafing the blue line and creating shot lanes. The PP would be more mobile with him. His shot's a cannon and quite accurate too. And if the unit gets sloppy, Riiko has major speed to get back and stifle yet another potential SHG.

Sullivan hasn't really deployed players properly this year at all. He's not using their assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad