Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Bruins 2 - A Huge Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Im hoping that McCann could be our "Vrana" so to speak, particularly when matched up against the caps. Also Vrana is a year older
McCann and Blueger are quick, and close well on defenders. They both have good offensive acumen and instincts. Obviously they need to refine their respective games a bit, but the upside with these two is pretty substantial IMO. We needed an influx of young, talented quick forwards and these guys appear to fill those roles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Sullivan was smart, he’d run..

McCann - Sid - Rust
Jake - Malkin - Hornqvist
Teddy - Bjugstad - Kessel
ZAR - Cullen - Simon

When healthy.

What is it with HFPens and this shit?

"Jake and McCann look GREAT with Sid! Hey, you know who'd they look GREAT next to? Malkin!"

I wish I could keep posts like these in a special folder so that when the time comes and I need to present someone with evidence as to why the things they post are not smart, I have the reference posts.

Sorry dude, those lines are dogshit when you factor in the current performance of everyone. Pure dogshit. Jake away from Sid? Dogshit.

You want to tweek things before the playoffs?

Jake-Sid-McCann
Bleuger-Geno-Kessel
RUST-Bjugstad-Horny
ZAR-Cullen-Simon/Wilson

If needed, swap TB and Rust to get either line going.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
A little hard to believe that after a really great win and a great strech here some are bringing up Sprong...

I would have loved to keep him around too and given him a real oppurtunity, but it just wasn't gonna happen. We have enough talent up-front without him, and the player we got back has been potentially far more valuable given Sprong's usage.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What is it with HFPens and this ****?

"Jake and McCann look GREAT with Sid! Hey, you know who'd they look GREAT next to? Malkin!"

I wish I could keep posts like these in a special folder so that when the time comes and I need to present someone with evidence as to why the things they post are not smart, I have the reference posts.

Sorry dude, those lines are dog**** when you factor in the current performance of everyone. Pure dog****. Jake away from Sid? Dog****.

You want to tweek things before the playoffs?

Jake-Sid-McCann
Bleuger-Geno-Kessel
RUST-Bjugstad-Horny
ZAR-Cullen-Simon/Wilson

If needed, swap TB and Rust to get either line going.

The issue is Malkin needs support and Sid is flying regardless of who he is with.

But sure, keep on trying Malkin and Kessel. I’m sure it’ll work at some point over the past three years.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The issue is Malkin needs support and Sid is flying regardless of who he is with.

But sure, keep on trying Malkin and Kessel. I’m sure it’ll work at some point over the past three years.
Blueger was good down low on that line tonight. I'd flip Phil and Horny and try that next game.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hope McCann stops scoring tbh. Lets lock him up cheap with an extension this summer.

Then he can start scoring.
I love and miss Hagelin, but I would rather allocate that money to McCann, I would lock him up to a 3x3 type of deal RIGHT NOW.

If JR would stop fumbling with the paper wrapper to his chopsticks for his daily chinese take-out binge, we'd get this shit sorted by now.

I would rather punt...no no. I would rather have a running start and punt Maatta asap and keep McCann.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If this is the McCann we're getting for years to come I would have traded Sheahan and Brassard for him alone.
When the Canucks first traded him to the Panthers, I was really hoping the Pens got him to replace Cullen. Then well, the f***ing mess that was McKegg and shit happened. I am just glad obscure players I like are ending up on my fav team, lol.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Teddy was more ZAR. They’re not talented enough to be a top six winger.

Honestly, the logical move is to go Simon - Malkin - Hornqvist if McCann and Jake are L1
eh, I thought he looked way better than recent ZAR there. Maybe it's just a one period thing, or maybe it was benching Geno and Phil from the PP that sparked them, but that line in the 3rd looked better than it's looked with ZAR in a few weeks.

I think Blueger handles the puck a lot better than ZAR does though. Is he currently a legit top 6 forward? Probably not even as much as McCann is. But that doesn't mean he's not a decent complement to Geno. I honestly think rotating guys might end up being the answer.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Nice strawman diversion, there.

Biggest reason Sid and Jake are playing at the level they are...is Jake and Sid. You're fooling yourself if you think they aren't synergizing off each other.

Kessel has been playing bad. No one is arguing that. He was just as rotten with Bjugstad though. They need the right LW, yes, but I don't sacrifice our top line in hopes of magically make Phil not play like ass.

Your goals are noble but your logic is highly flawed and your plan is not well though out, at all.

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
A few months ago I thought to myself that what this team needed was another Bryan Rust.

McCann has become exactly that. Unfortunately Rust himself got hurt so we're in the same boat, still.

What's interesting to me is how much McCann's game has changed since he got here. Little stuff that he's suddenly doing. Stuff I typically see Jake do, stuff Jake learned from Sid.

Short passes to a player who has more space, little chips to a teammate past a defender. Last game he took a rebound behind the net and immediately tried to bank it off the goalie.

McCann is absolutely learning from Crosby right now, and it could make him a scary-good player.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
eh, I thought he looked way better than recent ZAR there. Maybe it's just a one period thing, or maybe it was benching Geno and Phil from the PP that sparked them, but that line in the 3rd looked better than it's looked with ZAR in a few weeks.

I think Blueger handles the puck a lot better than ZAR does though. Is he currently a legit top 6 forward? Probably not even as much as McCann is. But that doesn't mean he's not a decent complement to Geno. I honestly think rotating guys might end up being the answer.

Blueger really does make a lot of nifty little plays to keep possession that ZAR can't.

I'd like to see more of him with Geno and Phil.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Nice strawman diversion, there.

Biggest reason Sid and Jake are playing at the level they are...is Jake and Sid. You're fooling yourself if you think they aren't synergizing off each other.

Kessel has been playing bad. No one is arguing that. He was just as rotten with Bjugstad though. They need the right LW, yes, but I don't sacrifice our top line in hopes of magically make Phil not play like ass.

Your goals are noble but your logic is highly flawed and your plan is not well though out, at all.

If Boston is willing to take Pasta off their top line we should be willing to take off Jake. Especially given how Rust and McCann have produced up there.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Teddy was more ZAR. They’re not talented enough to be a top six winger.

Honestly, the logical move is to go Simon - Malkin - Hornqvist if McCann and Jake are L1
Blueger can skate, hit and I think he's pretty creative with the puck (along with having a nice shot). TBH I think he'd be a good compliment to Geno. He's also a headsy player and defensively responsible. I think you're selling him a bit short. I don't know if he should be a fixture in the top six, but I'd at least afford him that opportunity.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
ZAR is a blunt object.

Blueger has finesse and intelligence to his bluntness.

Don't mistake the two.

One produces actual points. One has been a ghost since he had an adrenaline shot of a healthy scratch.

TB is way more Kuhnhackl than whatever people are trying to sell around here. Then again in 15-16 people were arguing for Kuhn over Kunitz on Malkin’s LW.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Blueger can skate, hit and I think he's pretty creative with the puck (along with having a nice shot). TBH I think he'd be a good compliment to Geno. He's also a headsy player and defensively responsible. I think you're selling him a bit short. I don't know if he should be a fixture in the top six, but I'd at least afford him that opportunity.

So he’s everything ZAR has demonstrated he is since last March?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad