Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Bruins 2 - A Huge Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Boston is willing to take Pasta off their top line we should be willing to take off Jake. Especially given how Rust and McCann have produced up there.
That makes no sense. First off, Pasta is a more consistent winger than Jake. Jake is having his big breakthrough season as a legit 1st liner and that's weird to say considering all that he has done so far.

Also, why would you take a winger that is 100% effective with Crosby and potentially neuter that in hopes it jump starts another line? I honestly think the other lines are doing the right things, Sullivan just needs to stop f***ing around with his dumb ass love fest for ZAR and Simon, his two butt plugs that he loves to just shove in holes in the top 6.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
YES WE mcCAN!!!!

what a beauty of a deal, Sheahan was vanilla as they came and i would've been ecstatic to get a 4th for him, and Brassard just didnt fit so even a 2nd would've been alright for him, but to get Mccann & Bjugstad?.....

JR must've taken his pills on that day the trade happened.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
One produces actual points. One has been a ghost since he had an adrenaline shot of a healthy scratch.

TB is way more Kuhnhackl than whatever people are trying to sell around here. Then again in 15-16 people were arguing for Kuhn over Kunitz on Malkin’s LW.
iajKOeo.gif

ZAR has gotten far more opportunity than Blueger has, it's almost comical we're back at this about a prospect and comparing production and what not when the context of where that player plays, is just....so lost on so many people.

Blueger is a better playmaker and a better 2-way player, he also has better hockey IQ. ZAR is more physical and has a slightly better shot. But I think ZAR fits the 4th line far better than Blueger does, Blueger likely fits Malkin's line far better than ZAR does.

Now you'll preach some "yeah but they were good together"....for a stretch. Haven't been consistently good for a while.

And before I get off of this pot...

Blueger is on pace for 18pts in the same amount of games as ZAR, getting mostly 4th line duty while ZAR has gotten a long look in the top 6. I mean, bruh.....

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
iajKOeo.gif

ZAR has gotten far more opportunity than Blueger has, it's almost comical we're back at this about a prospect and comparing production and what not when the context of where that player plays, is just....so lost on so many people.

Blueger is a better playmaker and a better 2-way player, he also has better hockey IQ. ZAR is more physical and has a slightly better shot. But I think ZAR fits the 4th line far better than Blueger does, Blueger likely fits Malkin's line far better than ZAR does.

Now you'll preach some "yeah but they were good together"....for a stretch. Haven't been consistently good for a while.

K. Hopefully they keep Teddy on Malkin’s line so those that hate ZAR can see exactly how identical they look.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If Boston is willing to take Pasta off their top line we should be willing to take off Jake. Especially given how Rust and McCann have produced up there.

It makes a lot more sense to try LWs other than ZAR with Geno and Phil than to blow up the one line that's been killing it nightly for us.

Despite some suggestions to the contrary, Malkin and Kessel have had a fair amount of success together over the last few years. It ain't perfect, but the right LW can get a lot out of them. I think you're selling Blueger short here - he'd be worth a look.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Weird how ZAR has demonstrated his worth in a period or two once given the chance up there.

I don’t even like the kid’s game.
This isn't an indictment against ZAR. He might be injured, I'd just liked to see Teddy get a shot there.

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
Also, I'd like to say the the guy wearing 73 bears absolutely no resemblance to the guy who has worn it most of this season.

He's playing with a ton of confidence right now. Neutralizing the guy with the puck, and often skating with the puck out of danger in transition.

Please please please let this last.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It makes a lot more sense to try LWs other than ZAR with Geno and Phil than to blow up the one line that's been killing it nightly for us.

Despite some suggestions to the contrary, Malkin and Kessel have had a fair amount of success together over the last few years. It ain't perfect, but the right LW can get a lot out of them. I think you're selling Blueger short here - he'd be worth a look.

I agree whole heartedly with your point. ZAR should not be on the 2nd line. Neither should Teddy though.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
K. Hopefully they keep Teddy on Malkin’s line so those that hate ZAR can see exactly how identical they look.

ZAR, aside from like 4 games, has been pretty non existent on that 2nd line. They need to try new players and see if they look better.

and you have this weird obsession with Simon for some reason, the midget is not the answer for geno.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Different, but more of the same.

The logical move is Simon - Malkin - Hornqvist and ZAR / Teddy - Bjugstad - Kessel.
I like those wing combos, I don't really care which is on which line. I don't think either Simon or Blueger are legit top 6 wings. Though I wouldn't be breaking up this 3rd line if I could avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad