Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Bruins 2 - A Huge Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Great win but man 40 shots and way to pinned in for the 2nd and 3rd. We need Letang back where the hell is he at?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blueger is mini Guentzel. Makes so mamy little smart plays.

Got Malkin and Kessel looking good too. Should be a top 9 staple hes a very good player.

Way better than Sam Bennett

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
The Penguins are still at an 85% chance at making the playoffs according to McCurdy's models. Not getting a point for the first time in 6 games isn't a reason to start freaking out about missing the playoffs.

Hah, yes. I was thinking that there's a few posters who could do with reading this thread as I went through it.

In fairness, Sully's line combos are easy to criticise because he changes them so regularly that sooner or later he's going to do something you hate :laugh:

Personally I think's been decent enough, probably league average. There's things he hasn't handled so great - the PP struggles, the Malkin-Kessel thing, maybe coulda handled Sprong/Brassard better - and there's been things that have gone very

I think we played better than 4-2.

I want THIS Murray dialed in for the playoffs. Murray is at that cusp of being able to put together a MASSIVE hot streak come playoff time. Cultivate this performance and confidence Sully.

Pretty solid win against a really good team. All without Letang and Maatta.

Yep.

Great win! 6 points in 3 tough games here, I'll take that.

Yep.

MM was on fire!

JJ playing well, thank God!

Yep and yep.

Reactions: Ryder71

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think we played better than 4-2.

I want THIS Murray dialed in for the playoffs. Murray is at that cusp of being able to put together a MASSIVE hot streak come playoff time. Cultivate this performance and confidence Sully.

Pretty solid win against a really good team. All without Letang and Maatta.
thank you, I thought this was our best game ina long time, Muzz was solid but up until the end I did not see any glorious chNCES, Pens with a ton great chances...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Huge win.

+ Bjugstad. Secondary scoring to get us started and he's been real solid defensively.

+ Mccann. Bury the empty netter, and what a sick SHG. He's looked so good.

+ Sid. Wow is #87 good at both ends of the rink. He's just dominant all year.

+ Murray. First star. He's been big back there. Big game Matt shows up again.

+ Geno. Had an up and down game but he was terrific in the third.

+ Our entire d unit. All of these guys are doing what they need to right now. Simple but effective hockey.

+ Blueger. Looked good no matter where we put him. What else is there to say? He's Guentzel-lite.

+ Jake. Speaking of...just continues to produce, and I love his decision making all over the ice. He rarely makes a bad play.

+ Simon. Was having a good game. Sucks he got hurt apparently.

- Powerplay. It almost lost us this game. We need it to be better. Even on the Guentzel goal yeah great play by Sid/Jake but just prior to that there was a 3 on 2 heading our way and the Bruins almost scored. Hugely different game if we give up a SHG there which we nearly did. These guys have to support each other better out there and have to be willing to dump pucks in on occasion if there is no play. Stop forcing shit.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Find a way to tighten up the D, Murray keep playing the way he is, Phil and Geno get going, and the PP gets fixed and this team could go places...

We’ll see

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Also let’s give credit to the coaching staff. First off starting Murray paid off and then some prudent line shuffling and power play changes.

Amazing how good we look we above average goaltending

Reactions: Peat

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Murray was a stud. I don’t know what the advanced stats will say, but I saw a lot of quality chances in this one. He was reall dialed in. His play of late gives me faith this team can contend if some things fall their way.

Reactions: BHD

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
anigif_sub-buzz-2160-1481918066-3.gif

Moose with a well deserved win.

McCann needs to teach the rest of the team how to shoot on an empty net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille