Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
+++++First Place
We've earned it. Now, keep winning.

+++HGH
Would've liked them to score 5v5, but eh. I liked their game tonight against Dallas' top line. I'll wait for the official numbers to come in, but I expect them to be all be sub 50%, which is good in a defensive role. Man, that weird to say with Geno on a line.

+++DeSmith
Made some clutch saves. The one goal isn't his fault what so ever. 5v3 is almost automatically a goal. I would've liked him to try to tip the pass, though.

+Dumoulin
I really liked his game tonight. Solid and conservative while playing with an idiot.

+Oleksiak
Scoring against his team that wrote him off :thumbu: Also, very solid tonight. Work on positioning, though.

-Letang
Brutal game. Turnovers plus out of position a lot. The powerplays were dead whenever he was on the ice.

-Kessel
Brutal, just brutal

------5v5 scoring
Cmon, it's getting ridiculous. Throw area passes in front of the net while someone is crashing it. Create space on the boards. Something . . .

Reactions: ColePens

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Good news is this was off a back to back.
4 more to go.
They're certainly more enjoyable to watch at PPG.
Still need some better bodies tho in Murr, ZAR, etc.
Also, start using Jooris on the PK, plz.

Reactions: ncm7772

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All I want is a Geno MVP...

and a Stanley Cup. :laugh:

Yeah, I figured that second part . . . :thumbu:

BTW, going to repeat this . . . good on Sully for having HGH out late and then getting Geno back out there again as soon as he could. Thing is, you can't even say his gifting it . . . HGH was our best defensive line tonight, and Geno was a puck hawk defensively.

EDIT: Thing I may have appreciated most was that HGH shift with 2 minutes left, Hags and Horny are in deep on the forecheck, and Geno is just like '**** it, I'm playing center lock'. And when Seguin came out with the puck, he ran smack into Geno and had to force a dump. Best 200 foot Geno EVER.

++++ 4 TOUGH games without Murray and other injuries: 3-1-0 record. Nice!

+++ Geno: ****ing right G. Hags/Horny with honorable mentions. I am out of words.

++ Sid/Guentzel: I love how Sid is playing. I love that he's saving energy and then when he wants it - he takes it. Jake looks good, too, outside of his dumb penalty.

+ DeSmith: Solid effort all around. I really liked his game. Simple, boring, and good positioning.

Overall I thought we really owned 5 on 5 play the last 2 nights. I liked our jump and I liked our skating. Forwards did a MUCH better job tonight protecting our zone. I think the forwards were really key tonight. Even the 4th line. Jooris played very well, IMO.

- Kessel: Brutal game. He'll figure it out, but he was a pile of **** tonight.

- Letang: Holy rollercoaster. Just all over the map.

Imagine HGH when Horny gets his timing and hands on the rush back.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
People in rival out of town thread seriously whining about how the league is biased towards Penguins. These fans are so clueless that they've taken on the loser personality traits of the teams they love.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
++ DeSmith
++ defensive effort...much better than yesterday, still some work to do but reduced point blank chances and rushes earns a plus
++ G, HGH and Sid
+ G getting points
+ two points in the standings

- Letang and Dumo at times, inconsistent for a first pair

Solid game all around

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Other than some turnovers by Dumo and Letang.. Very solid game. Very solid. Maybe not flashy but really ultrasolid. Sid got his stolen assist back on that EN. Well deserved 2 points for him, he is playing a good game now. Classy at the end, too. Geno needs it now and deserves it so much.

DeSmith, very solid. Calm. No chance on that goal and other than that, he made some good saves.

Loved that Oleksiak moment.

Also loving these 2 points. This was a B2B game with travelling. Definitely one of the tougher games on our remaining schedule. So picking up 2 points here is huge. Especially after yesterday´s results.

Reactions: ncm7772

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Jooris Experience is cool, but we know he'll be out of the lineup once Rust and Simon return.

I don’t think Simon makes its back in permanently. Rust and ZAR in. Jooris and Rowney out.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ruh/Oleksiak are just so solid and bring a little offense too. Love that.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
It felt like Letang's brainlessness threatened to infect Sid at times.

And Phil was BRUTAL with his passing tonight. He's gotta pick that up.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dumo Letang were really good. Oleksiak used his size and reach to limit the stars one on one game. Horny was good, Malkin and Sid played smart solid hockey. Team will be better with Murray and Rust and Reese. Sheary is just such a liability on D. Kessel needs to make a emergency call to Oskar Meyer. He looks spent. All in all a good win and things should get a little easier.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Lol, Oleksiak with the gwg. Thanks, Dallas.

- Kessel: Brutal game. He'll figure it out, but he was a pile of **** tonight.

- Letang: Holy rollercoaster. Just all over the map.

I suspect Kessel is playing hurt or got spooked into full conservation mode since he went into the boards.

Letang... probably time to start cutting down on his minutes again.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Sort of, it was a pretty incoherent post. He seemed to be upset that Oleksiak is having success because he's "still a bust".

Have you read the thread about Oleksiak on the main boards? Oh my Christ, that thread permanently damaged my brain.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Other than the nonsense back to backs still to go (4 more) our schedule looks severely light. Hopefully they continue to push towards the playoffs and don’t go into a lax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad