Salary Cap: Penguins 2014 -15 Roster Building Discussion IV (Contract/Free Agent Chart in Post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

I really hope people aren't advocating a Neal trade followed by a Vanek signing.

Agree.

I really don't know if Neal requested a trade. The pens pr might be portraying him as a villain so that there won't be backlash if he is dealt.

Our only respectable winger not years past his prime should stay.

You don't trade Neal in a 1 for 1 trade, we are still left with Dupuis, Kunitz and ???? in our top 6.

That's not a contender - you have to keep Neal and add a winger.

wizmet12

wizmet1_2
Feb 19, 2014
what's the story with a Neal's trade
so he doesnt want to play for pens?
or what?

I like him a lot, he's young , he's got a good contract, he scores

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If we're just going to let the UFAs walk and give the new coach a chance with the roster before making any trades, I hope we're after Kulemin and Hemsky.

I also sincerely hope Ray signed Scuds going into the season thinking he'd deal a D-man. B/c passing on MacArthur is looking very very dumb. Guy was lights out for the Senators this year. As was Hemsky when he was traded there. Mac ended up 18th in LW scoring. Ahead of Jeff Skinner and Andrew Ladd. Hemsky 29th in RW scoring, with over half the season in EDM.

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
Out of these players, who would you want most for Sid around 3/4 yrs 4/5M per:

Cammilerii
Moulson
Gaborik
Hemsky
Vrbata
Michalek

My vote is Cammy or Vrbata

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
Kunitz Crosby Cammelerii/Vrbata (5.25/4.25)
Kulemin (3.25) Malkin Neal
Bennett Sutter Dupuis
Sill Vitale Megna
Adams (Payerl)

Maatta Letang
Martin Scuderi (bounce back hopeful)
Despres Bortuzzo
Samuelsson

Fleury
Zatkoft (Vokoun)

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

Cammilerii
Moulson
Gaborik
Hemsky
Vrbata
Michalek

Why does anyone want Vrbata? He's been bad outside of Phoenix his whole career.

I'd go with Gaborik at that price. Even if he is always injured. When he plays, he's a difference maker. And with his speed, him and Crosby could do some serious damage.

Fire Shero*

If we're just going to let the UFAs walk and give the new coach a chance with the roster before making any trades, I hope we're after Kulemin and Hemsky.

I also sincerely hope Ray signed Scuds going into the season thinking he'd deal a D-man. B/c passing on MacArthur is looking very very dumb. Guy was lights out for the Senators this year. As was Hemsky when he was traded there. Mac ended up 18th in LW scoring. Ahead of Jeff Skinner and Andrew Ladd. Hemsky 29th in RW scoring, with over half the season in EDM.

Sadly, this moment in Forrest Gump reminded me of Shero over the last 3 seasons.

iw6xz.jpg

It still makes me sick thinking about how he ruined this team and what we potentially missed out on while he ran this team into the ground. He was consistent - consistently bad.

wizmet12

wizmet1_2
Feb 19, 2014

Cammilerii
Moulson
Gaborik
Hemsky
Vrbata
Michalek

mike cammalleri
matt moulson

let gaborik stay wherever he's playing now
can't see Hemsky, Vrbata, Michalek as pens players

It was just a rumor that James Neal himself shot down on Twitter. I think he stays.

Oh i see,

i'd rather move Kunitz

Billy Crawford

Dec 23, 2008
Paris...ish...

Cammilerii
Moulson
Gaborik
Hemsky
Vrbata
Michalek

I sure would like Gaborik at 4/5M for 3/4 years...

If the question was badly worded and you meant "who would you like most with Sid, provided we can probably only spend up to $5-ish million per year on them", then I guess Hemsky.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Cammilerii
Moulson
Gaborik
Hemsky
Vrbata
Michalek

Gaborik is playing at a level right now in the playoffs that those other guys cannot reach...not anymore.

I'd love to try to pry him away from the Kings this summer, but it's going to take a lot more than 3/4 years and $4/5 million, I'm afraid.

He doesn't make us younger or tougher/grittier, but Gaborik's speed is definitely back.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I had pitched Neal to LA on the trade forum in the event that Gaborik doesn't stay past this summer, but I was told in no uncertain terms by Kings fans that he's pretty much already re-signed (in fact, there's a rumor that he actually is signed already, they just haven't announced it yet).

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah LA would be nuts not to re-sign him. Like Carter, he thrives in an environment where he's not the primary weapon. If they can keep it to a 3-4 year term, that'd be perfect for them.

I'd be more interested in seeing if they'd want Sutter. Maybe a family member as HC will make it too weird, but Stoll is a UFA and Richards isn't anywhere near the player he was before.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yeah LA would be nuts not to re-sign him. Like Carter, he thrives in an environment where he's not the primary weapon. If they can keep it to a 3-4 year term, that'd be perfect for them.

I'd be more interested in seeing if they'd want Sutter. Maybe a family member as HC will make it too weird, but Stoll is a UFA and Richards isn't anywhere near the player he was before.

Sutter for Toffoli?

Do it Ray...err...new Pens GM!

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
There's no good reason to trade Neal. Unless you're interested in scoring less goals or maintaining the status quo, at best. More good forwards are needed, not less. Hope he stays.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
kunitz, dupuis, and jokinen are the problems in the top 6. neal would actually fetch a return so i wouldn't be mad losing him, but he's not someone we should be trying to hard to get rid of like the others

jdpitt05

Jan 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd go with Moulson from that list. We need to build our team for the playoffs and he is someone who can score those gritty garbage goals around the net.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA

Cammilerii
Moulson
Gaborik
Hemsky

Vrbata
Michalek

I want guys with speed and creativity who can finish. One of those two would most likely be the skill piece of Sid's wing tandem. In fact, in just about every roster scenario I made one of the two is on the team - more often than not Hemsky due to lesser price. Preferably the other winger would be someone who could knock a few heads around if teams start taking liberties.

The realist/pessimist (they're the same thing these days, huh?) is fully preparing for Duper and that $3.75m pricetag to be pinned on Sid's RW next season. If I see this roster next season...blah.

FORWARDS
Lee Stempniak ($2.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($9.500m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.850m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Brandon Sutter ($3.800m) / Brian Gibbons ($0.800m)
Jayson Megna ($1.000m) / Joe Vitale ($0.850m) / Zach Sill ($0.600m)
Chuck Kobasew ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kris Letang ($7.250m) / Paul Martin ($5.000m)
Olli Maatta ($0.894m) / Matt Niskanen ($5.500m)
Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.375m)
Simon Despres ($1.200m) /
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Jeff Zatkoff ($0.600m)
BUYOUTS
Craig Adams ($0.233m)
------
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,952,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $147,500

BLAH!

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
FORWARDS
Lee Stempniak ($2.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($9.500m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.850m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Brandon Sutter ($3.800m) / Brian Gibbons ($0.800m)
Jayson Megna ($1.000m) / Joe Vitale ($0.850m) / Zach Sill ($0.600m)
Chuck Kobasew ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kris Letang ($7.250m) / Paul Martin ($5.000m)
Olli Maatta ($0.894m) / Matt Niskanen ($5.500m)
Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m) / Rob Scuderi ($3.375m)
Simon Despres ($1.200m) /
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Jeff Zatkoff ($0.600m)
BUYOUTS
Craig Adams ($0.233m)
------
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,952,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $147,500

totallydone_zpsc9b9b4a4.gif

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
kunitz, dupuis, and jokinen are the problems in the top 6. neal would actually fetch a return so i wouldn't be mad losing him, but he's not someone we should be trying to hard to get rid of like the others

Your going to fetch a return but you don't know what you're getting back. We know what were trading though.

Neal isn't the problem, if someone needs to be moved it's Dupuis and Kunitz. They ain't getting younger

I'd offer Moulson or Gaborik a contract this summer

Cammalleri is just too streaky. But at the right price I'd offer him something, not more then 5 per though

Billy Crawford

Dec 23, 2008
Paris...ish...
I want guys with speed and creativity who can finish. One of those two would most likely be the skill piece of Sid's wing tandem. In fact, in just about every roster scenario I made one of the two is on the team - more often than not Hemsky due to lesser price. Preferably the other winger would be someone who could knock a few heads around if teams start taking liberties.

The realist/pessimist (they're the same thing these days, huh?) is fully preparing for Duper and that $3.75m pricetag to be pinned on Sid's RW next season. If I see this roster next season...blah.

BLAH!

If anything this roster shows that at least some moves have to be made because not changing anything results in a roster that is likely not cap compliant or at least doesn't leave nearly enough cap space to call up players in case of small injuries. Besides, there's no way the new GM doesn't make a move to at least show that it's his team now. I don't know if it gives you a little more hope...

penguins2946*

I would literally not watch the team next year if we had that roster.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Trading Neal would just be idiotic. This team is devoid of wingers so let's trade a 40 goal scorer who is still in his 20's, not to mention at a great cap hit. This team needs more talented young wingers, not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad