Salary Cap: Penguins 2013-14 cap/roster building discussion (Contract chart in Post #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
If we can resign Nisky for 5x5, it would make trading letang for help up front that much of an easier decision IMO

Letang would go along way to bringing in help for Sid & Malkin and possibly a higher end forward prospect or high draft pick

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Nah. Landeskog's as untouchable as anyone on that team. I doubt Letang (whom I think has much more value than Neal) with lots added gets us Landeskog.

Which is a shame. I absolutely ****ing love that kid.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Nah. Landeskog's as untouchable as anyone on that team. I doubt Letang (whom I think has much more value than Neal) with lots added gets us Landeskog.

Which is a shame. I absolutely ****ing love that kid.

Yepp. He's #1 on my dream winger list. He's pretty much perfect for Crosby.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Unless they acquire a better 1st line RW, Dupuis is the logical RW for Sid. Perhaps they can trade Sutter for a good RW.

Or Bennett, or Stempniak, or even Malkin (not for extended periods). Not exactly obvious. Not saying given the personel at hand that Duper wouldn't be the #1 choice, but with that knee you can't say for certain.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Unless they acquire a better 1st line RW, Dupuis is the logical RW for Sid. Perhaps they can trade Sutter for a good RW.

He's a 35 year old coming off of a major knee surgery who's only positive contribution to that line was his speed.

There's nothing logical about him playing there.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
How realistic is Neal for Kassian+6th overall? I'd like to think we could get way more, but Canucks fans may have brain washed me.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
If the team is looking for a third line center, I think they should do everything in their power to trade for Martin Hanzal.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You need players like Vitale on your 4th line.

Yeah, because Vitale will turn the Penguins into a dynasty. :shakehead He's a maginal NHLer. He can leave with the rest of them. This team's forward group needs a major overhaul.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I'd like to keep Stemp if we can. He's a solid top 9 forward (ideally as a middle 6 kind of guy). Jussi can go. Would rather keep Sutter over Goc, we don't need both of them.

Agreed on Stemp, ideally is a 3rd liner when everyone is healthy, but can fill in on top-6 without actually looking out of place. With Sutter in center and either Dupuis, Megna, Gibbons, or BB on the opposite wing, our 3rd line would be about 8091 times better than this year.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, because Vitale will turn the Penguins into a dynasty. :shakehead He's a maginal NHLer. He can leave with the rest of them. This team's forward group needs a major overhaul.

Then fix the other problems aswell, but Vitale should stay regardless. A cheap, hussle, speedy 4th liner? why not? wont break the bank for the top 6.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Agreed on Stemp, ideally is a 3rd liner when everyone is healthy, but can fill in on top-6 without actually looking out of place. With Sutter in center and either Dupuis, Megna, Gibbons, or BB on the opposite wing, our 3rd line would be about 8091 times better than this year.

Exactly people get so fixated on having perfect lines that they forget how necessary versatile guys like Stempniak are.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Then fix the other problems aswell, but Vitale should stay regardless. A cheap, hussle, speedy 4th liner? why not? wont break the bank for the top 6.

No, he shouldn't. He's barely an NHLer. The Penguins don't need more guys that skate fast and try hard, they need actual NHLers. And if they really wanted to stay cheap with the 4th line center, they can just call up Sill.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'd love to have him. I wonder how much he'd cost us
He's pretty important to Phoenix.

Yeah I don't quite understand his role on that team. I was browsing their roster building thread and half of the posters have him on the first while the other half have him on the third.

I feel like Sutter+ could do it, but we might want to save Sutter for a winger.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I'm fine with both JJ and Stemp. They played nothing short of great for us. Need value guys like them. Don't want them long term though.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sid will never perform in the playoffs without scoring depth to relieve the pressure. Teams can't load up against the Crosby-line defensively with impunity. Our third and fourth lines need to be able to produce when they are committing their defensive assets to Crosby. It is the single reason why Kane and Towes are so successful in the playoffs.... depth.

Also, we need players that are going to actually stand-up for Crosby. Kunitz just can't do it anymore, if he ever did. Staal should of left Consol on a stretcher (exaggeration) for all the shots he took at Crosby, and Lunqvist should of gotten something as well for that disrespectful bottle squirt. Imagine if someone took a water bottle and squirted it in Mario's face? Geez.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Before considering any trades, the first thing is to eliminate Scuds. This gives you $3MM in cap space by the regular buy out method for next year. If you can trade him great, but there is no GM that will trade for him. Any one who thinks so is just a wishful fan. 2nd, DB must go. 3rd RS must go for not drafting Saad, trading 2 2nd round picks for Murray and resigning Scuds. and giving 8yrs. at 7.25MM to Letang . Letang is just not worth it as evidenced by his play against the RAGS series And to continue this non-sense for a 6th year makes absolutely no sense. DB and RS both must go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad