GDT: Peg at Washington 4/23/13 7 PM at home

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Jets fan coming under banner of truce.

Going to be a huge fun game. I think it simply comes down to, "may the best team win". I'm hoping it's my team:

i dont think its a stretch to say that the capitals are the better team. they have underperformed on occasion. but i really dont think you want a may the best team thing going because you lose.

the best team doesnt always win. often doesnt win. i think thats where you want to be.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
So basically every Canadian team's fans are super annoying.

And funny too. I just want the Caps to win to see the inevitable meltdown of canadian team's fanbase. If you read the comments on the TSN game summary you will get a kick out of it.

All Canadian team fanbases hate each other. Should the Jets lose the summary comments will be filled with Leaf, Senator and Habs fans for sure for example...kicking the Jet fans while they are down.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So basically every Canadian team's fans are super annoying.

I do not get this whole "banner of peace" thing. If you have something non-trollish/homerish to say, then say it. The merit of your post will be debated based on the argument you presented, not because you claim to come in peace. The absolute last thing I want to read on the Caps GDT is a Jets fan getting buck because we say we're a better team than they are. Then come the Thrashers jokes. Then Brick throws a grenade and it just gets messy.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
True, but Toronto fans seem to be okay. They're not as cocky. Maybe the playoff drought did that to them.

Try to explain FenwickClose or PDO to a Leafs fan and watch their brains explode. Then explain that they lead the league in the one negatively correlated to future success and are last in the league in the one positively correlated to future success, and listen to their "not as cocky" responses.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I do not get this whole "banner of peace" thing. If you have something non-trollish/homerish to say, then say it. The merit of your post will be debated based on the argument you presented, not because you claim to come in peace. The absolute last thing I want to read on the Caps GDT is a Jets fan getting buck because we say we're a better team than they are. Then come the Thrashers jokes. Then Brick throws a grenade and it just gets messy.

Yeah things will degenerate into a vicious **** fight and get out of hand quickly.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Did you just start following the Caps this year???

I mean I can literally name 100+ games the Caps have played that were easily more important and stress inducing.

Every single Penguin fan I know consistently roots against the Caps. For one there is still a rivalry in that Ovechkin is starting to steal Crosby's spotlight once again. For another thing, deep down inside, they know the Caps are the biggest threat to them in the playoffs. None will admit it but I can feel the truth seep through their language.

I am a very new Caps fan! I discovered hockey last year at the end of February. I'm 43 years old and I was never interested in pro sports until I saw a highlight reel of Ovechkin's goals. I started watching Caps games and fell in LOVE with hockey as a sport. Of course I watch all the Caps games, but I watch most of the Eastern teams and a few of the Western teams.

I watched my first live game this year--the season opener at Tampa. My best friend, who has been a TB fan since she was 13, took me to the game. She knew the ropes, so she took me down to the Caps' side of the practice area so I was able to see the guys up close. I took numerous crappy pictures, but it was amazing to be around the Caps fans who were there in their Caps' jerseys! I got to fistbump the guys coming out of the tunnel too! I know I'm gushing like a schoolgirl, but it was such a wonderful experience! Especially for someone like me who has never understood the fascination with pro sports. I get it now, and I've got my husband, sister, and kids all into hockey too now. :D

In the past two months, I've been learning to ice-skate because I love hockey so much. You're never too old to learn something new!

Sorry for the life story, but I guess I wanted to get it off my chest. :D

Ovechkin is my favorite player, obviously, but I'm emotionally invested in the Caps as an entire team.

Let's go Caps!

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Try to explain FenwickClose or PDO to a Leafs fan and watch their brains explode. Then explain that they lead the league in the one negatively correlated to future success and are last in the league in the one positively correlated to future success, and listen to their "not as cocky" responses.

The last time the Jets played the Leafs the GDT topic was "regression" if I recall. They were none too pleased. Good luck tonight.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Haha all good. The more the merrier :)

But if you think this is tense then just wait til the playoffs (should we make them).

It gets so bad for me that after a playoff loss I refuse to acknowledge any hockey whatsoever and avoid all articles, the NHL network and anything else. The only thing I can tolerate is local CSN coverage and message boards among fellow miserable Caps fans.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
True, but Toronto fans seem to be okay. They're not as cocky. Maybe the playoff drought did that to them.

Odd, I find Toronto to be the worst... At least on this board.

But I definitely agree that the top 8 worst are occupied by all the Canadian teams, and the Pens...

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I am a very new Caps fan! I discovered hockey last year at the end of February. I'm 43 years old and I was never interested in pro sports until I saw a highlight reel of Ovechkin's goals. I started watching Caps games and fell in LOVE with hockey as a sport. Of course I watch all the Caps games, but I watch most of the Eastern teams and a few of the Western teams.

I watched my first live game this year--the season opener at Tampa. My best friend, who has been a TB fan since she was 13, took me to the game. She knew the ropes, so she took me down to the Caps' side of the practice area so I was able to see the guys up close. I took numerous crappy pictures, but it was amazing to be around the Caps fans who were there in their Caps' jerseys! I got to fistbump the guys coming out of the tunnel too! I know I'm gushing like a schoolgirl, but it was such a wonderful experience! Especially for someone like me who has never understood the fascination with pro sports. I get it now, and I've got my husband, sister, and kids all into hockey too now. :D

In the past two months, I've been learning to ice-skate because I love hockey so much. You're never too old to learn something new!

Ovechkin is my favorite player, obviously, but I'm emotionally invested in the Caps as an entire team.

Let's go Caps!

Nice story. :D
Glad you've begun to love hockey a much as all of us.

GO CAPS GO!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

Let's go Caps!

Discovered hockey last year, just barely a year later and you're already posting on a futures forum message board... the spiral is deep, friend... won't you have some kool-aid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad