GDT: Peg at Washington 4/23/13 7 PM at home

Vladiator16*

Some might say its an important game... ;) Win and we are in.

Looks like Jets are missing Enstrom, Bogosian, Antropov and Jokinen, plus they played last night... We should have this... which means we might beat them by a goal :laugh:

Lets do this!!!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Win or lose I think I'm going to work on increasing my drinking tolerance tonight.

I think we'll win as long as we score more goals than them.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
lloyd2.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Biggest game of the season. This one will say a lot about the makeup of the team. Well rested, fate in their own hands. If they lay an egg tonight, my playoff hopes are dimmed. If they take it to the Jets, IMO their heads are in the right place.

4-2, Ovy with 2g/1a.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Biggest game of the season. This one will say a lot about the makeup of the team. Well rested, fate in their own hands. If they lay an egg tonight, my playoff hopes are dimmed. If they take it to the Jets, IMO their heads are in the right place.

4-2, Ovy with 2g/1a.

I tend to think we will win this one for sure.

However, its not the end of the world if we don't. I remember last year we had a critical home game vs Buffalo late in the season and we laid a complete egg. Our playoff hopes looked dim but we found a way.

Caps never make things easy. Lets hope that changes tonight.

I'm with you 2+1 for #8 and a victory.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Need to come out with this uptempo pace we heard about in Montreal. Draw some penalties and the phone booth will erupt when that power play clicks.

That sigh of relief (for now) cheering will be loud if the boys take care of business.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Win or lose I think I'm going to work on increasing my drinking tolerance tonight.

I think we'll win as long as we score more goals than them.

No kidding on the drinking part. I watched the Jets-Sabres game yesterday and I was a frazzled mess by the end.

My only worry is the Caps don't seem to play as "hot" after a rest period. I'll be biting my nails until we have at least a 4 goal buffer. I mean, I have faith in the boys, but I'm also nervous as hell!

Come on Caps! Clinch it tonight! :yo:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

4-2, Ovy with 2g/1a.

Yep, it's a biggie. Win tonight against a dinged up team on the second half of a road back-to-back and they're in. Lose and they might as well hit the links even if they do make the playoffs.

Not really feeling this one. Quite nervous actually. 3-1 'Peg.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
No kidding on the drinking part. I watched the Jets-Sabres game yesterday and I was a frazzled mess by the end.

My only worry is the Caps don't seem to play as "hot" after a rest period. I'll be biting my nails until we have at least a 4 goal buffer. I mean, I have faith in the boys, but I'm also nervous as hell!

Come on Caps! Clinch it tonight! :yo:

Yeah I feel ya. The critical part with me is the pregame nerves and calming them. However can't go overboard and have a headache by the 1st intermission.

But remember that these kind of emotions and nerves are why we watch these games in the first place. It does make you feel alive.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
This is one of those games

Peg played last night, many injured, blah blah blah.

It don't mean dick. They do well on the road, have basically the same amount of points we do, and seem to harbor a cap killer or 2. If they have a goalie it won't be easy.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
This is one of those games

Peg played last night, many injured, blah blah blah.

It don't mean dick. They do well on the road, have basically the same amount of points we do, and seem to harbor a cap killer or 2. If they have a goalie it won't be easy.

This one is really on the Caps. If they come out to play and bring their A game then Winnipeg has roughly a 0% chance of winning.

However if they bring their B game and Winnipeg goes all out then it will be a dog fight.

3 games in 4 nights. This will be the 2nd of a back to back. They are missing their 2 best dmen. Both teams have some forwards out. Pavelic is wearing down and his numbers are starting to show it.

So if the Caps come out an play how we know they can this one will be a blowout in their favor. If not then I can easily see the Jets stealing one.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Good luck guys, but because it's the polite thing, not because I hope you do well. :laugh:

I don't know about you guys, but this is easily the biggest game of the season for us so far. (If the bottom half of this conference wasn't on such a bloody hot streak... :shakehead we'd already be locked in, both of us)

FYI Antropov is probably back in. Wellwood is out now, doesn't seem like a threat but he sometimes is, almost had a hatty this week. So that's too bad. Maybe net positive though with Antro back since he was on a tear before he got hurt (and it's his second last regular season game before a contract). Jokinen being out is a +.

I hope neither of our teams lose any fans to stress related causes tonight. We're banking on a win because all signs point to us losing, but we will see what happens.

Might be on Pavelec. He stole a few goals last night, there is a great gif of him winking at Vanek right after he robbed him blind, so if he does that again, who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad