GDT: Peg at Washington 4/23/13 7 PM at home

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine.

Ovaltine is the powder you use to make the drink... not the vessel to drink it with.

That joke was bad when it was on Seinfeld, dude.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Jets are 8-7-1 since (and including) the last time these two teams met... WHAT A HUGE RUN!

Caps are 12-2-1 in that span.

If there is one franchise in the league with a more pathetic playoff past than the Caps then it HAS to be the Jets right? Between the initial Jets (now Coyotes), the Thrash and the current Jets haven't they won like 1 playoff series?

vs Calgary in 86-87. Talk about a history of shame.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Niiice. I'm pumped...already downed a miniature on lunch break.

Never too early to start. I will make sure my slo****ude is complete by nights end. If we lose the Tinner is going to face the music from that Hator crowd.

I take it you're a tea totaller and not a beer drinker!

I need to watch my figure and Coors light is frosty and tasty.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The bright side of a loss tonight:

We will get to see Ridley/Langway/NBTW turn Laviolette Red pleading their case for the Caps suckitude while recruiting for the Fire GMGM lynchmob.

So that would be pretty cool. Either way its really a win in my book. :)

There is also a not outrageous combination of points that give us 8th place, and a Pens matchup in the first round. So if we lose tonight that becomes a possibility. Win tonight and we lock up 3rd.

Tank for the Pens!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea Jets fan here wishing you all the best starting tomorrow. :naughty:

You guys have trolled us pretty hard over the last three games and that's when we had an NHL D core. Hard to imagine us winning this game based on recent past play between us but that is why they play the games. Holtby being a banjo bowl boy from Saskatchewan (my home province and Manitoba's rival) owning us with a .960 save % makes it all the more painful. Either way you guys have earned it the old fashioned way and if you beat us so be it.....we will have gone down swinging.......may the best team win......oh wait.....scratch that last part

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Never too early to start. I will make sure my slo****ude is complete by nights end. If we lose the Tinner is going to face the music from that Hator crowd.

I need to watch my figure and Coors light is frosty and tasty.

For your sake I hope the game does not go to overtime.

Last edited:

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Wishing you guys well. Last SE division battle and it's with the Caps for huge playoff implications. See you on the other side next year after this game :)

If there is one franchise in the league with a more pathetic playoff past than the Caps then it HAS to be the Jets right? Between the initial Jets (now Coyotes), the Thrash and the current Jets haven't they won like 1 playoff series?

vs Calgary in 86-87. Talk about a history of shame.

Wonder how the Caps will fair if they lost all their stars in the same year and have to had faced the Oilers dynasty regularly back in the old days? ;)

edamer

Feb 22, 2012
In Cali, need a link to view the game, any suggestions?

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=196415&part=sports
Links appear one hour before the game begins.

So pumped up for this one. I live in Sweden so normally i can't watch the week games live (luckily no one I know care about the caps so I can go spoiler free with relative ease during the day) but for this one I got a couple of hours off work tomorrow morning. Go Caps!

If you didn't know, the games start at 1am over here so it takes som dedication to be a fan :)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Wonder how the Caps will fair if they lost all their stars in the same year and have to had faced the Oilers dynasty regularly back in the old days? ;)

History speaks for itself. The Jets were bad. They had a handful of good players. Hawerchuck, The Moustache, Numinen, Steen and a bunch of scrubs. If they were good they would have never left Winnipeg in the first place.

It will be interesting to see how this iteration of the Jets turns out.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets are 8-7-1 since (and including) the last time these two teams met... WHAT A HUGE RUN!

Caps are 12-2-1 in that span.

Give us a break, we have got 13 points the last seven games. Our team is also rumoured to be lacking a beast mode Ovechkin as well. I take it its still to soon to be friends...

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Jets fan coming under banner of truce.

Going to be a huge fun game. I think it simply comes down to, "may the best team win". I'm hoping it's my team, you're hoping it's your team, but it's going to be great none the less.

Whoever wins this deserves to make it.

Give us a break, we have got 13 points the last seven games. Our team is also rumoured to be lacking a beast mode Ovechkin as well. I take it its still to soon to be friends...

They still have Thrasher-itis :laugh:

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Man, I have never been this tense over something I have absolutely no control over. Refreshing HF boards, nhl.com, twitter, and other hockey-related sites is not helping. The day needs to go by much faster!

eta: Also, lol at Pens fans wishing Jets luck on their gdt.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It's more like we don't need/want Jets fans coming onto our GDT pounding their chests. If you don't want to read Caps fans pump up the Caps and talk **** about the Jets, stay off the team page. That simple.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Man, I have never been this tense over something I have absolutely no control over. Refreshing HF boards, nhl.com, twitter, and other hockey-related sites is not helping. The day needs to go by much faster!

eta: Also, lol at Pens fans wishing Jets luck on their gdt.

Did you just start following the Caps this year???

I mean I can literally name 100+ games the Caps have played that were easily more important and stress inducing.

Every single Penguin fan I know consistently roots against the Caps. For one there is still a rivalry in that Ovechkin is starting to steal Crosby's spotlight once again. For another thing, deep down inside, they know the Caps are the biggest threat to them in the playoffs. None will admit it but I can feel the truth seep through their language.

But did they come in peace?

See this is key. I'd actually prefer it if they were allowed to come over here and start talking smack overtly. Thats kinda what they want to do but they have to use subterfuge and come under the guise of "peace".

Newsflash: There is no peace. I want the Caps to win and win in such a fashion that is utterly embarrassing to the Jets. They want the opposite of that. The definitiion of a "good game" is a blowout in their teams favor.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Coors light is crisp and refreshing. You all just be hators.

I would partake of Dewers on the rocks but I will surely be twisted beyond belief before the puck drops.

Light beer, at the pace I drink, is the only choice for me in order not to get too bent.

Its a practical matter too

FUNNY historical note:

I remember one game back in 94-95 I think. We were playing Philly on a Sat afternoon. I decided to splurge and get a gallon of Wolfschmidt (being a poor college student splitting a townhouse in Burke with 3 friends). I decided I would take shots and shots only for the pregame and during the game. I was in a world of hurt after the game (Caps tied it 2-2 late in the game on a Bondra goal I believe) and vowed never to do that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad