Post-Game Talk: Peewee defense gets shutout 4-0; please leave Weber in Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'll say it was kind of cold but his issues probably weren't short term. At the very least there were concerns with his off-ice issues moving forward.

It's just that's the type of comment I'd make (if I were wrong like you ;)), which isn't a good thing. Or at least I assume it's a bad thing with all the times I get harsh messages from mods :)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Kind of a rude comment tbh. He was effective on the ice for us and we have no idea how things would have played out if he were still here.

Considering he blew a gifted opportunity before even playing a single game, it's not much of a reach to say he wouldn't have done much of anything. He hasn't in four years.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Considering he blew a gifted opportunity before even playing a single game, it's not much of a reach to say he wouldn't have done much of anything. He hasn't in four years.

bZDJ2GJ.jpg

More than Pillow-Fists Prust did tonight

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

We could really use his "nothing in 4 years 15 goals" right now.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Its just interesting that people were saying we got tougher by picking up Prust for Kassian, and it really showed how completely insane they are.

We all wish Kassian worked out differently but his inability to overcome his issues led the story down a different path.

For all the talked about toughness Kassian didnt really like playing the body consistently and I believe he had 1 fight in his last year of playing here.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Well he singlehandedly won us a couple games last season. Wouldn't made the playoffs if it wasn't for that and for that good stretch of play, we reward him with 11 minutes of ice time per game.

This regime never gave him a fair shake. I have an issue with people calling his addiction an "issue". It's an issue like depression is an "issue", yet somehow we look at this "issue" in a much more negative way.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
it is rude but people need to stop bringing up Kassian as some remedy. The guy was heading down his current path and Benning paid to not have to deal with it. Yes the Kassian at his best could be of real use right now. Kassian in rehab is of no use to anyone.

Did we get the back alley beat down treatment last season?

No. We did not.

We had guys like Richardson, Kassian and Matthias as veteran bodies to deter that from happening.

And Kassian most of all. Nobody wanted to **** with Kassian.

I'm going to bring up Kassian every ****ing time this happens to our team this season.

The guy was a deterrent, plain and simple and it's on WD for not figuring out how to work with him.

Unless you're a psychiatrist (are you?), you saying he was heading down his current path and nothing could deter it is just your uneducated guess.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Well he singlehandedly won us a couple games last season. Wouldn't made the playoffs if it wasn't for that and for that good stretch of play, we reward him with 11 minutes of ice time per game.

This regime never gave him a fair shake. I have an issue with people calling his addiction an "issue". It's an issue like depression is an "issue", yet somehow we look at this "issue" in a much more negative way.

Addiction is absolutely an issue and it's a horrible thing to deal with. A close family member to me is a raging alcoholic. I know exactly how addiction effects a person and the people around them.

Kassian also is someone who makes multi-millions to play a game and has some of the best resources allotted to him by wealth and by the players union. I don't doubt that he has demons but this isn't the same as someone in the "real world" who can't afford addiction services through anything other than social services. I feel for him as a person but as a professional athlete he has more than enough available to him to help him battle his demons.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
1 hour until December and we have 9 wins. 9 wins in 25 games, that should tell you everything you need to know about this team.

Blake Price ‏@BlakePriceTSN 1h1 hour ago
First time the Canucks have entered December with less than 10 wins since 1998-99.

This feels like a good spot to drop this tweet.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

If you actually want to approach Kassian from a more unselfish way....as in how could he be helping the Vancouver Canucks hockey team right now...maybe consider this is a 25 year old man getting the help he needs and fighting to get his LIFE back on track to a healthy place, not just a hockey career.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If you actually want to approach Kassian from a more unselfish way....as in how could he be helping the Vancouver Canucks hockey team right now...maybe consider this is a 25 year old man getting the help he needs and fighting to get his LIFE back on track to a healthy place, not just a hockey career.

Pretty much.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
bZDJ2GJ.jpg

More than Pillow-Fists Prust did tonight

And Prust has outplayed him. Your point?

We could really use his "nothing in 4 years 15 goals" right now.

We could also use the 21 Sutter scores, but he gets **** for being one dimensional.

He did no such thing. Sure, he had a couple good games, however he never was a catalyst for this organization. If that's the measuring stick, then I could just as easily cite Higgins won has games. Kassian had plenty of opportunities and pissed them all away. At some point he needs to take some personality responsibility for his actions.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
First time the Canucks have entered December with less than 10 wins since 1998-99.

And we all know what the year got us. It's a sign.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013

And there we have it: we can emulate the 1998-99 cup run!

We made a cup run that year, right? ...right? Guys? :help:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Addiction is absolutely an issue and it's a horrible thing to deal with. A close family member to me is a raging alcoholic. I know exactly how addiction effects a person and the people around them.

Kassian also is someone who makes multi-millions to play a game and has some of the best resources allotted to him by wealth and by the players union. I don't doubt that he has demons but this isn't the same as someone in the "real world" who can't afford addiction services through anything other than social services. I feel for him as a person but as a professional athlete he has more than enough available to him to help him battle his demons.

Another one of those, since he is rich, so his problems aren't really a problem.

If you think having money = problem solved, then you really don't understand anything really.

Let's do a thought exercise, If Kassian has his problems stem from losing his dad at a young age and not being able to cope with that loss mentally, does having more money help him fill that void and fix that?
Support > money when it comes to helping people with these "issues". Our management showed their support by trying to trade him away at every opportunity, wonder why that didn't help him at all.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

So do thousands of athletes across sports...too bad it just isn't that easy though.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
And Prust has outplayed him. Your point?

We could also use the 21 Sutter scores, but he gets **** for being one dimensional.

He did no such thing. Sure, he had a couple good games, however he never was a catalyst for this organization. If that's the measuring stick, then I could just as easily cite Higgins won has games. Kassian had plenty of opportunities and pissed them all away. At some point he needs to take some personality responsibility for his actions.
So going PPG for a 11 game stretch on a team that struggles to score didn't help the team win games? Right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig