Sbisa
Bartkowski
Weber
Dorsett
Higgins
Miller
Vrbata-traded
Hamhuis-traded

Want all this off the team by the end of the year.

Can't argue there. My list is pretty much identical to yours, although I think Miller and Sbisa are wishful thinking.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
that's great....when we have as talented a team as we did in 2011 we can go back to that strategy....

That **** ain't working. We don't have the talent to make teams pay and our kids won't last the season if they continue to take this punishment.

The Sedins took punishment these kids will never dream of seeing and turned out fine, I think the outrage here is a little overdone. If they can't take some licks in the regular season how will they ever compete in the playoffs?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I think at the bare minimum, it gains your team a little respect. Honestly, what do you think other teams, or the refs for that matter, thought of the Canucks after Daniel let himself get punched repeatedly in 2011? Teams are going into the game thinking they can do whatever they want against the Canucks.

Are some of you really arguing that the team should just do nothing when our rookies are getting rag dolled? Seriously? Would YOU all just stand there if you were playing?

To me that was one of my most disappointing moments of many disappointing years of being a Canuck fan. Marchand using Daniel's face as a speed bag and Daniel and no one on the team doing a thing about it. Blatantly clear the refs had put away their whistles at that point in the series.

We have been pushed around ever since, especially in the playoffs where our players don't raise their games to the necessary intensity level.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have positioned themselves badly going forward. THey show this level of play now and there's still two thirds of the season left.

Suppose they lose badly in LA. What then? What fixes are available? Where to begin?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The Sedins took punishment these kids will never dream of seeing and turned out fine, I think the outrage here is a little overdone. If they can't take some licks in the regular season how will they ever compete in the playoffs?

Agree with you completely.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Higgs, Cracks, Burr, Tans, Hannie...

The list of plugs goes on.

I don't know about you....

I don't know whether you're Bowie Horvat or whether yer serious.

I don't know whether to point out that Cracknell, Tanev and Hansen have been having pretty decent seasons or not.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
:clap:

Miller by himself makes the team unlikable for me. Never liked him in Buffalo, can't stand him now. Back then he was worth 6M. Now Lack, Markstrom can provide the same goaltending.

Yup, I want the Sedins to get 1000 points. One of the only reasons why I watch the games.
Thanks for the clap, usually I got craps from analytics every time I said some thing like this

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Canucks have positioned themselves badly going forward. THey show this level of play now and there's still two thirds of the season left.

Suppose they lose badly in LA. What then? What fixes are available? Where to begin?

Moral victory though. :D

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Why in the world did Hansen play the least amount of minutes for a forward tonight? He's one of the few players playing slightly acceptable hockey this year yet he gets less than our 4th line and rookies. No wonder the vets are checking out, they can see just as clearly as we can that Willie is a joke.

You're absolutely right. It should have been him double shifting. And it did look tonight like a number of vets just didn't care.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
You're absolutely right. It should have been him double shifting. And it did look tonight like a number of vets just didn't care.

Agreed but as a whole I can't really think of any forwards aside from Cracknell that played like they gave a ****.

Sedins included but that's abnormal for them.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Higgins has been a passenger since he came back. He was a solid 3rd line player for us but it looks like he's on his last legs. skating in quicksand and can't get to pucks quick enough.

I'm sick of Miller and would rather see a Cannata/Markstrom tandem. His body language is worse than Luongo's. Just buy him out I don't even care.

Also sick of Weber, Hamhuis, Vrbata, Baertschi, and anyone else that doesn't seem to give a ****.

Edler and Tanev aren't playing anywhere near the level they were last season. Tanev needs to rest whatever is ailing him.

Sedins/Hansen/McCann/Hutton is the only reason I continue to watch.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Fixes?....the only fix is long-term.....bail on this season...trade some veterans for picks and prospects...and bring up two or three guys from the farm.....and lastly, please bring in a new coach in the off-season.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Fixes?....the only fix is long-term.....bail on this season...trade some veterans for picks and prospects...and bring up two or three guys from the farm.....and lastly, please bring in a new coach in the off-season.

Off-season plan should be to sign Lucic to a 6 or 7 year contract and make him alternate captain.

I'd actually re-sign Prust and consider moving Dorsett.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Honestly, I am just interested in McCann, Virtanen, Horvat and Hutton.

Only reason why I'm watching also. McCann has been great but with Hutton injured, Virtanen being in and out of the line-up, and Horvat going through his slump it's very difficult watching this team. At the end of the day I'm to emotionally invested to miss a game so i'll always tune in.

This has to be a year were we just aim for the highest pick possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad