Post-Game Talk: Peewee defense gets shutout 4-0; please leave Weber in Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Agreed but as a whole I can't really think of any forwards aside from Cracknell that played like they gave a ****.

Sedins included but that's abnormal for them.

I'm guessing that it may have something to do with how horrid our defense were.

Our break outs were non-existent.

When you only have 2 out of your 6 dmen actually playing hockey, I imagine it could be pretty frustrating.

corona

Jan 20, 2007
All of this team's problems can be traced back to the horrendous defense line up that Benning has constructed. Too many unpredictable, undependable players that struggle with simple plays all too often. A better way to insulate young centermen like Horvat is to have good d-men that will allow him to spend less time scrambling around in his own zone and more time up ice.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
And to think Benning was going to go into the season without Hutton....oh what our defense would've looked like. Well, it would look exactly like it does right now. :laugh:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
And to think Benning was going to go into the season without Hutton....oh what our defense would've looked like. Well, it would look exactly like it does right now. :laugh:

:laugh:

So JB WAS going to tank this season and Hutton stopped that from happening.

Hmmmmmm.......

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Sbisa - Bartkowski
Corrado

Yeah....not good. Hutton really gave us a chance.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Seriously? Have you not been following the trade at all?

Yeah Kassian is really deterring guys from rehab right now.

Kind of a rude comment tbh. He was effective on the ice for us and we have no idea how things would have played out if he were still here.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
His defensive game is fine.

You make 1 turnover and everyone freaks out. He's played very well so far and the stats show this.

I've watched most every game and he is struggling big time. Closer to the ECHL than the NHL

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So Bartsch and Pedan in tomorrow? Our defense without Tanev is going to get annihilated against the Kings.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Kind of a rude comment tbh. He was effective on the ice for us and we have no idea how things would have played out if he were still here.

I'll say it was kind of cold but his issues probably weren't short term. At the very least there were concerns with his off-ice issues moving forward.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

it is rude but people need to stop bringing up Kassian as some remedy. The guy was heading down his current path and Benning paid to not have to deal with it. Yes the Kassian at his best could be of real use right now. Kassian in rehab is of no use to anyone.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Will we see Andrey even once or is he here for popcorn and pom poms.

This team shows us what they really are made of tomorrow night IMO. It's either they grab their lunchkits and get to work or get walked over like tonight.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Honestly, I am just interested in McCann, Virtanen, Horvat and Hutton.

Me too, Boeser, Demko...hoping one of Pedan and or Tryamkin might develop into a big, imposing defenceman that actually moves a forward from parking in our goal crease.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
it is rude but people need to stop bringing up Kassian as some remedy. The guy was heading down his current path and Benning paid to not have to deal with it. Yes the Kassian at his best could be of real use right now. Kassian in rehab is of no use to anyone.

Its just interesting that people were saying we got tougher by picking up Prust for Kassian, and it really showed how completely insane they are.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Only reason why I'm watching also. McCann has been great but with Hutton injured, Virtanen being in and out of the line-up, and Horvat going through his slump it's very difficult watching this team. At the end of the day I'm to emotionally invested to miss a game so i'll always tune in.

This has to be a year were we just aim for the highest pick possible.

Same here, just doesn't feel right not to watch a canucks' game when Im free. Eventhough Im rooting for the tank but I can still enjoy Sedins' performance while they get close to the 1000 mark.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Its just interesting that people were saying we got tougher by picking up Prust for Kassian, and it really showed how completely insane they are.

I don't think we got tougher at all. I disliked the trade at the time but understood why it happened once it came out that he had issues.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
1 hour until December and we have 9 wins. 9 wins in 25 games, that should tell you everything you need to know about this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad