GDT: PDSF: Winnipeg @ Anaheim. Duck Trek: The Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I'd take out one of Etem/Jackman for Sekac, but yeah I agree the lineup should be kept together. I'd like to put Wiz in, but where do you put him?
I'm guessing they take out depres and put in wiz but I just worry. I want wiz to succeed, I really do. I think I was excited when he returned but he hasn't been very good.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Bringing Wiz in for Despres would cause a reshffule on 2 of the 3 defence pairings (because BB has shown 0 faith in a Fowler-Wiz pairing), I don't think that's a smart move right at the start of a series. I'd be surprised if Anaheim makes a change on defence (or forwards) just yet considering they put in one of the best games of 2015 so far.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
just got home from the Ponda and afterparty (i.e. denny's).

refs pretty much didnt call several calls against the jets. and yet the jets fans were complaining? typical.

one game down, three to go.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Stoner was bad early, but ended up having a solid game. Pissed when Frolik boarded him, but at least Getz made them pay

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'd take out one of Etem/Jackman for Sekac, but yeah I agree the lineup should be kept together. I'd like to put Wiz in, but where do you put him?

I won't deny that in a vacuum a change here or there could make sense. But considering how fragile the team has been overall during the regular season I'm banking on/hoping the chemistry from game one will help propel them further. It's only one game but they have to be feeling great about themselves. I'd just like to try leaving it alone. If they come out like **** in game 2 then all bets are off going forward.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Love how most of the Jets fans are acted like we were gifted the win because they somehow managed to play their worst game in a month. I guess the team they were playing had no effect on how they played. The result is entirely dependent on them.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Bringing Wiz in for Despres would cause a reshffule on 2 of the 3 defence pairings (because BB has shown 0 faith in a Fowler-Wiz pairing), I don't think that's a smart move right at the start of a series. I'd be surprised if Anaheim makes a change on defence (or forwards) just yet considering they put in one of the best games of 2015 so far.
I agree but fowler depres didn't look great either and I don't think they'll leave out wiz for the whole series.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
First Ducks playoff win for me seeing live! Fun game, no more voice. Team really showed up for the third. Gotta keep Pavelec looking mediocre, I know he's been doing well, but I've seen him live a handful of times now and he reminds a lot of Jonas (gets inside his own head too much) gotta keep him on his toes.. Go Ducks!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I agree but fowler depres didn't look great either and I don't think they'll leave out wiz for the whole series.
I agree on Wiz probably doesn't miss the whole series, but I think you'd struggle to justify changes so early into this series. I wouldn't be surprised if the first changes are for Game 3 as BB has shown in the past he'll change things up depending on the building their in.

Despres is still pretty inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs, so I'd want to see at least 1 more game of him first to see if he was just struggling to shake the nerves out. I thought he used the body quite well for the most part to free up the puck, but the puckhandling/passing was a different story.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Doubt BB changes the lineup...they looked great in the third. Why change anything?

Really pleased with the effort...I AM concerned with Andersen. Was laying out VERY juicy rebounds all night.

Overall though, can't complain. On to game 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad