GDT: PDSF: Winnipeg @ Anaheim. Duck Trek: The Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Agreed.

Other thing that makes me laugh is how Winnipeg apparently just made all mistakes and gifted them the win. Perhaps they made those mistakes because....you know, the other team played a good game that forced them too?

But hey, Anaheim must suck because they aren't a good ol' Canadian underdog.

Remember, we are the bad guys in this one. No one cared about our series against Dallas last year and we were being rooted for in the 2nd round. No love for us this time around.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Watched from Norway. Big comeback reminded me of Teemu night. Some dudes will have some new bruises after this series.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Agreed.

Other thing that makes me laugh is how Winnipeg apparently just made all mistakes and gifted them the win. Perhaps they made those mistakes because....you know, the other team played a good game that forced them too?

Lucky for three years and counting. Why would it change now? ;)

Oct 18, 2011
Agreed.

Winnipeg made mistakes because anaheim started dictating the game and controlled puck possession, starting with faceoffs

also playoff experience is a very real thing, look how much better our young dmen looked this game than they did a year ago

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Perpetuating the myth of how big and bad the jets are as compared to the Ducks: NHL Network highlights showed several hits by the Jets yet only 1 by the Ducks and didn't even mention that the Ducks outhit the Jets in the game. Also talked about about how physical the Jets were.

Again, the way everyone is pushing how physical the Jets are im surprised the Ducks survived let alone won game 1.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'd still like to see Sekac and Wiz make their way back into the lineup at some point, but I have to give it to Bruce (and eat a little crow), the more physical lineup was the right call. Stoner was rough at times, but kept his head above water mostly and became a physical target for the Jets for some reason, which worked out well. The 4th line surprised me. Etem and Wags were mixing it up physically (how did Emer only have 1 hit recorded?), and Jackman did his usual thing.

Don't want to get too far ahead gloating, the Ducks are playing with fire with these slow starts and playing from behind so often. But that was a strong win, hopefully the Wpg fans/media will take the incessant chest thumping down a peg.

Thoughts on Despres tonight?

I thought he and Cam were decent, not great. To me, #24 needs to settle down a little and quit trying to do everything. I saw several instances where Cam was leading him a little heading into the o-zone and rather than pass the puck off to Cam, Despres went charging in hero-style. I want to see Cam carrying the puck in the zone and sneaking down to the goal line, not Despres.

I liked that one episode when Despres got into the dump in and hit Buff. Didn`t bounced away, that kid is strong. He and Ladd (i think) also got a conversation infront of our net. Despres just flat out laughed in the other guys face, looked that he got under Ladd`s skin a little bit.

We need a nickname for him.

Desperes Child?
Destiny's_child_soldier.jpg

Ok, i`m out :laugh:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
i sensed some nerves in the 3rd from him, anaheim seem to be able to score on pavelec though, i think his run at the end of the year was a fluke

i thought it was the opposite. nerves from freddy to start. looked better ast he game went on

I agree with bumper. Freddy looked almost scared to come out of his crease to play the puck early on, but as the game progressed he was out of the net and playing the puck like normal. I think this was a great game for him to get comfortable.

Only person I'd possibly replace is Etem. With Wagner and Jackman on your line, just throw the puck deep and bang. Too many times I thought Etem tried to get cute instead of remembering his role. Only logical replacement would be Sekac, but not sure it's even worth it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I thought Depres was our worst defenseman by a significant margin. He got brain lock several times behind our net and got Cam into trouble repeatedly waiting too long to send over a far too weak pass.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Perpetuating the myth of how big and bad the jets are as compared to the Ducks: NHL Network highlights showed several hits by the Jets yet only 1 by the Ducks and didn't even mention that the Ducks outhit the Jets in the game. Also talked about about how physical the Jets were.

Again, the way everyone is pushing how physical the Jets are im surprised the Ducks survived let alone won game 1.

In the first period the Jets were hitting a bit stronger than we did imo. Their players seemed stronger, but yeah, both teams are physical.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I liked that one episode when Despres got into the dump in and hit Buff. Didn`t bounced away, that kid is strong. He and Ladd (i think) also got a conversation infront of our net. Despres just flat out laughed in the other guys face, looked that he got under Ladd`s skin a little bit.

We need a nickname for him.

Desperes Child?
Destiny's_child_soldier.jpg

Ok, i`m out :laugh:

Yeah, we're gonna need to work on that one. :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought Depres was our worst defenseman by a significant margin. He got brain lock several times behind our net and got Cam into trouble repeatedly waiting too long to send over a far too weak pass.

Agreed, he had bad plays too but somehow i don`t want to take him off the lineup

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So apparently there is some truth to the saying about you're best payer needing to be your best players. Hmm, who woulda thunk it?

Overall that was one of the best games this team has played this calendar year. Regardless of some mistakes here and there, Bruce needs to keep the same lineup for game 2. Don't fix what ain't broke. The whole team is flying high right now. Don't **** with it. Maybe when the series moves to the peg he can make a tweak or two. Or maybe not.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
In the first period the Jets were hitting a bit stronger than we did imo. Their players seemed stronger, but yeah, both teams are physical.

It makes me laugh because the Ducks are a pretty big physical team but if you look around everyone thinks we are a bunch of soft little guys.

I have a friend from back east who told me the Ducks had no chance because the Jets are too big and strong. I told him the Ducks have some big physical guys and he laughed and said not physical like the Jets. Again, the Ducks outhit them this game and cometely dominated them physically especially in the last part of the game. It's a lame myth that the jets are going to physically dominate this series.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'm laughing about the jets fans complaining about the refs when they gave Wheeler a meaningless 2 minute penalty for his cheap shots and temper tantrum at the end of the game. They really need some perspective over there.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
So apparently there is some truth to the saying about you're best payer needing to be your best players. Hmm, who woulda thunk it?

Overall that was one of the best games this team has played this calendar year. Regardless of some mistakes here and there, Bruce needs to keep the same lineup for game 2. Don't fix what ain't broke. The whole team is flying high right now. Don't **** with it. Maybe when the series moves to the peg he can make a tweak or two. Or maybe not.

I'd take out one of Etem/Jackman for Sekac, but yeah I agree the lineup should be kept together. I'd like to put Wiz in, but where do you put him?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Francois Beauchemin 22:33
Hampus Lindholm 21:40
Ryan Getzlaf 21:16
Sami Vatanen 21:10
Cam Fowler 21:06
Corey Perry 18:05
Clayton Stoner 16:54
Jakob Silfverberg 16:52
Simon Despres 16:48
Andrew Cogliano 16:46
Ryan Kesler 16:45
Patrick Maroon 16:42
Matt Beleskey 14:06
Rickard Rakell 13:15
Kyle Palmieri 12:56
Emerson Etem 9:21
Chris Wagner 9:15
Tim Jackman 8:54

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Francois Beauchemin 22:33
Hampus Lindholm 21:40
Ryan Getzlaf 21:16
Sami Vatanen 21:10
Cam Fowler 21:06
Corey Perry 18:05
Clayton Stoner 16:54
Jakob Silfverberg 16:52
Simon Despres 16:48
Andrew Cogliano 16:46
Ryan Kesler 16:45
Patrick Maroon 16:42
Matt Beleskey 14:06
Rickard Rakell 13:15
Kyle Palmieri 12:56
Emerson Etem 9:21
Chris Wagner 9:15
Tim Jackman 8:54

Bruce must have liked what he saw for the most part, seems like everyone got some good ice time tonight. You know he's feeling the team when that 4th line has ~10 mins

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

This has been a recurring problem with Despres imo. He's good in the offensive zone and can throw big hits and play mean but he's lost when he has to initiate the breakout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad