GDT: PDSF: Winnipeg @ Anaheim. Duck Trek: The Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Stoner was much better than I hoped after a shaky start. Took a bad penalty but it was unfortunate.

Kesler was nails down the stretch, maybe that is Kesler 2.0?

Perry and the captain really showed out, awesome.

Ricky had a poor game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Great GDT, great win :handclap:
Liked Stoner and Despres outside of few plays. Really not sure Wiz would have played better, we need the big players.
Was a nerve wrecking game but i liked the way we showed up in the second part of the game or 3d period mostly. But we will gonna need more depth scoring down the road, Getz and Perry wont score 4 points every night.
PS
The first period was just... ragdolling or something :laugh:

Oct 18, 2011
funny how people made so much of jets "playoff" style and toughness....because one of the big topics of discussion here has been whether we had enough skill, toughness and size isn't a problem for anaheim. if andersen can just play "good" ducks will be in good shape.

not surprised sami stepped up either, good thing he wasn't scratched

kesler seemed to win every faceoff in the 3rd period, 76% for the night

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
We needed the big guns to step up and Getzy and Perry to show up. Kesler was iffy sometimes in the game but he did really good on faceoffs especially closer to the end of the game.

The difference: He likes one team, and he lives in the city of the other team.

He lives in Cote de Caza, not Anaheim. ;)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So how was BB? Did he matchup the lines as best as possible?

I don't believe he deviated from the lines once, even with just one goal over two periods. And I think the matchups were very stringent, 1vs2, 2vs1, 3vs3, 4vs4.

Tough to take anyone out after that game. Despres might be the top defensive candidate, but overall he was pretty good. Up front, it'd probably have to be Etem, but he was very noticeable all night. Very comforting, though, that there's so much talent ready to step up when injury occurs. There won't be any Drew Millers on the top line this year.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
funny how people made so much of jets "playoff" style and toughness....because one of the big topics of discussion here has been whether we had enough skill, toughness and size isn't a problem for anaheim. if andersen can just play "good" ducks will be in good shape.

not surprised sami stepped up either, good thing he wasn't scratched

kesler seemed to win every faceoff in the 3rd period, 76% for the night
We're eventually going to need more from Freddy. We're not going to score 4 every night. Sure as hell not going to score 2 power play goals.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
both stoner and despres played well tonight i think. they were pretty nasty in front of our net but are still mobile enough to keep up with most of the plays. hope wiz sits.

i still hope thompson is back soon though

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
I don't believe he deviated from the lines once, even with just one goal over two periods. And I think the matchups were very stringent, 1vs2, 2vs1, 3vs3, 4vs4.

Tough to take anyone out after that game. Despres might be the top defensive candidate, but overall he was pretty good. Up front, it'd probably have to be Etem, but he was very noticeable all night. Very comforting, though, that there's so much talent ready to step up when injury occurs. There won't be any Drew Millers on the top line this year.

i wouldn't mind sekac in for etem. he is not built like etem, but he is plenty physical and creates better than our so cal boy.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Dolemite is a hoot on the mainboards. Winnipeg made Anaheim look good and that's why they won.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Oct 18, 2011
We're eventually going to need more from Freddy. We're not going to score 4 every night. Sure as hell not going to score 2 power play goals.
i sensed some nerves in the 3rd from him, anaheim seem to be able to score on pavelec though, i think his run at the end of the year was a fluke

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
Well...that was fun. Awesome game to be at.

He won't get 4 points every night, but even earlier in the game, Perry looked much more engaged than in the last 2 postseasons.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I'm glad that I decided to step out during the second to do errands. It didn't sound good on the radio. How bad was it?

Oct 18, 2011
Dolemite is a hoot on the mainboards. Winnipeg made Anaheim look good and that's why they won.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
there are some derps around there, didn't notice bryan little at all.

some underestimated the extra gear that someone like getzlaf has, the rest did him well

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'm glad that I decided to step out during the second to do errands. It didn't sound good on the radio. How bad was it?

First half of the second wasn't great, usual Ducks second, but then in the second half they started dominating and never looked back.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'd still like to see Sekac and Wiz make their way back into the lineup at some point, but I have to give it to Bruce (and eat a little crow), the more physical lineup was the right call. Stoner was rough at times, but kept his head above water mostly and became a physical target for the Jets for some reason, which worked out well. The 4th line surprised me. Etem and Wags were mixing it up physically (how did Emer only have 1 hit recorded?), and Jackman did his usual thing.

Don't want to get too far ahead gloating, the Ducks are playing with fire with these slow starts and playing from behind so often. But that was a strong win, hopefully the Wpg fans/media will take the incessant chest thumping down a peg.

Thoughts on Despres tonight?

I thought he and Cam were decent, not great. To me, #24 needs to settle down a little and quit trying to do everything. I saw several instances where Cam was leading him a little heading into the o-zone and rather than pass the puck off to Cam, Despres went charging in hero-style. I want to see Cam carrying the puck in the zone and sneaking down to the goal line, not Despres.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
there are some derps around there, didn't notice bryan little at all.

some underestimated the extra gear that someone like getzlaf has, the rest did him well
Agreed.

Other thing that makes me laugh is how Winnipeg apparently just made all mistakes and gifted them the win. Perhaps they made those mistakes because....you know, the other team played a good game that forced them too?

But hey, Anaheim must suck because they aren't a good ol' Canadian underdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad