PDSF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Winnipeg Jets - Part IV (ANA wins 4-0)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think Ehlers may be our elite goal scorer in the making! ( I hope)

The stay classy comment was not sarcastic at all. I've enjoyed chatting here with you guys. There's always a few that like to stir up ****, but for the most part it seems that those have been fans of other teams that have come here just to troll. I'm a fan of your team and hope you go far!

I'm actually going to be in Anaheim next month. Considering going to a game when I'm there if there's one happening.

no problem. Just making sure.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Sekac should go in for Palmieri. KP was probably the one guy who had almost no impact. I can't justify taking Etem out right now.

the problem is we don't have anyone that "deserves to be benched". I mean can you honestly justify sitting Fleishman if Thompson is healthy? I was very happy with Etem this last series, but I'd like to get Sekac in soon.

Ducksgo*

the problem is we don't have anyone that "deserves to be benched". I mean can you honestly justify sitting Fleishman if Thompson is healthy? I was very happy with Etem this last series, but I'd like to get Sekac in soon.

I agree Palmeiri should sit. I would like to see the Sekac Rakell Etem line. Etems on a roll right now and in no shape or form should he get benched after that highlight goal all over sports channels ATM.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Byfuglien with an injured brain.

An injured brain would imply that he was dumber or less defensively responsible than usual.

Going as far back as his time with the Blackhawks, being surprised or upset with Buff for being stupid is like shouting at the rain.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I agree Palmeiri should sit. I would like to see the Sekac Rakell Etem line. Etems on a roll right now and in no shape or form should he get benched after that highlight goal all over sports channels ATM.

I don't know that I'd say he's on a roll...but of course there's no changing your mind on THAT front.

A single point in a series (granted it was a really nice goal) and a good screen on another goal isn't what I'd constitute as being on a roll. But he's been good enough to deserve to stay in the lineup.

Kesler, Perry, and Silfverberg are the guys that are rolling.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
An injured brain would imply that he was dumber or less defensively responsible than usual.

Going as far back as his time with the Blackhawks, being surprised or upset with Buff for being stupid is like shouting at the rain.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Outstanding. Shall be promptly stolen and applied to numerous situations.

No credit will be given. I'll take it as my original.:laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

On a roll? That's a gross exaggeration.

I wouldn't sit Palmieri - I thought he worked his ass off out there and was really engaged even if he didn't have much to show for it. But I'm in the minority there. He's getting a Sbisa like reputation around here it seems.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Any reports on the injuries the jets suffered from?

As much as 8 Jets players were playing with injuries. Ladd sounded like he had the worst of them.

edit: misunderstood your question. Not sure exactly what they were suffering from but the amount of players injured was pretty significant.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
On a roll? That's a gross exaggeration.

I wouldn't sit Palmieri - I thought he worked his ass off out there and was really engaged even if he didn't have much to show for it. But I'm in the minority there. He's getting a Sbisa like reputation around here it seems.

I wouldn't quite say that. Sbisa, when he wasn't actually terrible, was being treated like an actual scapegoat and blamed for stuff that completely wasn't on him. With Palmieri, it's just that we have other good guys on the outside and/or coming back, and based on the levels of like for Sekac/Thompson, he's asked to do more than just try to stay in the lineup. The standards certainly are higher, but I don't think many say that he straight up sucks. I can understand where that's coming from, at least - I have a hard time thinking this series would have looked worse for us with Sekac in there over Palms.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wouldn't quite say that. Sbisa, when he wasn't actually terrible, was being treated like an actual scapegoat and blamed for stuff that completely wasn't on him. With Palmieri, it's just that we have other good guys on the outside and/or coming back, and based on the levels of like for Sekac/Thompson, he's asked to do more than just try to stay in the lineup. The standards certainly are higher, but I don't think many say that he straight up sucks. I can understand where that's coming from, at least - I have a hard time thinking this series would have looked worse for us with Sekac in there over Palms.

I've read some pretty harsh comments about him in the past 2 months. Of course he's miles away from Sbisa treatment but I can see it going down that road.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
All fans want to win the cup but you don't see any other arena doing that chant outside of the final round. And since you've resorted to personal attacks, maybe you guys should chant "We want a playoff win" instead, but it looks like even that might not be realistic expectations.

Look at you crying over what fans chant in the building. Boo Hoo. I attacked your post not you because it was a dumb post.

Why don't you go ahead and post the rules and etiquette of arena chanting since you are such an expert.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Gotta think Wiz has to be in next round assuming Calgary takes care of business. Does that mean Stoner sits? It definitely shouldn't be Depres.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Gotta think Wiz has to be in next round assuming Calgary takes care of business. Does that mean Stoner sits? It definitely shouldn't be Depres.

Unless Stoner or Despres start sucking a lot or we have injuries to one of our defenseman Wisniewsk shouldn't be put in. No need to change the blueline that worked great in the opening round especially for a defenseman who only played 13 games with the Ducks this season and was not that good in the games.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets fan hoping the ducks go all the way. I think this is the best ducks team in a while.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Congrats Anaheim. It was a high quality performance and although I really felt the Jets should have had game 3, the Ducks were the better team in 1/2/4 and were full value for the series win. I think you're the team to beat in the West and should be able to get by Calgary in 5 (assuming they finish the job). Anyway, I'll be rooting for you in the next round regardless so good luck.

Ducksgo*

I've read some pretty harsh comments about him in the past 2 months. Of course he's miles away from Sbisa treatment but I can see it going down that road.

I'll be honest, I really don't like em for the minutes he's getting. We're sitting Sekac right now over him, and he really hasn't done much post season.

I think a fair shake of fans here would say Sekac>Palmeiri just by the effort palms has given in this short series. When you're given his TOI which is average of 13 minutes a game, you're suppose to score goals or create chances atleast and he hasn't done **** IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducksgo*

Sekac definitely not > Palms, lol.

But i would sit Palms for Sekac for several games.

Your post doesn't make sense. It's not season totals of what I was referring to. It's post season, and Palmeiri hasn't done squat for 4 post season games with a TOI of 13 minutes a game.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Congrats Anaheim. It was a high quality performance and although I really felt the Jets should have had game 3, the Ducks were the better team in 1/2/4 and were full value for the series win. I think you're the team to beat in the West and should be able to get by Calgary in 5 (assuming they finish the job). Anyway, I'll be rooting for you in the next round regardless so good luck.

:handclap:

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I also didn't like much of Maroon's game. I would keep flash in, dress Thompson, and sit Maroon/Palmeiri.

I was debating on Etem, but Calgary is such a fast team, I think we'll prefer his speed over their size/physicality on the 4th line.

Belesky Getzlaf Perry
Flash Kesler Silf
Sekac Rakell Cogliano
Etem Thompson Jackman

Ducksgo*

Very glad to see an arrogant team led by sore loser Byfuglien swept in the first round.

Yahhhh I'm still upset about that hence my tangent in the other thread, it was completely uncalled for. But thanks none the less. :facepalm:

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
I also didn't like much of Maroon's game. I would keep flash in, dress Thompson, and sit Maroon/Palmeiri.

I was debating on Etem, but Calgary is such a fast team, I think we'll prefer his speed over their size/physicality on the 4th line.

Belesky Getzlaf Perry
Flash Kesler Silf
Sekac Rakell Cogliano
Etem Thompson Jackman

What this guy said! but i think more questions revolve around Wiz and Stoner/Despres. I can't see Stoner being as effective against a small, fast team so i think Wiz draws in for him but Stoner has been playing lights out in the playoffs thus far. going to be a tough decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad