PDSF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (WC2) Winnipeg Jets - Part IV (ANA wins 4-0)

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
That guy brought them up, I'm just informing him that his logic is quite flawed.

Anyway, apparently the Jets brought in 4 pretty big jnjuries and had 4 more happen. Damn, that's unfortunate.
Every team has injuries in the playoffs, just par for the course.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Calgary-Anaheim the battle of the unsustainables. :laugh:

Kudos to the Ducks, I was wrong about them.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Mike Smith carried that team on his back.
Now his back is broken. :laugh:

We got a fresh start with the Thrashers & a ******** of prospects.

The best part of beating your team will be not having to see your troll posts in every thread for the rest of the playoffs.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Tough one for the Jets. Battled hard all season, just played a really good hockey team. Some guys just had nothing left by game 3 and 4. Good experience in the end getting it out of the way to play in huge games. Best of the luck to the Ducks. You guys look well on your way to a long run. Great, deep team you got there, and you guys to have a good building. Best wishes

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Good series but I think Winnipeg will need to find a dynamic scoring forward before seeing the 2nd round. They remind me of the Blues team before they got Tarsenko.

Still though solid series. I don't think it was as tough as the Dallas series last year, but it was closer then the sweep would indicate.

Great crowd.

We get compared to the Blues a lot.

You guys have a great team. I'm looking forward to seeing how far you go. I think this is your year. Good luck and stay classy!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Calgary-Anaheim the battle of the unsustainables. :laugh:

Kudos to the Ducks, I was wrong about them.

:laugh: It's almost poetic. One team will get a taste of it's own medicine.

If any Flames player takes out Kesler he will never have to pay for a drink again in Winnipeg

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I don't like the idea of facing the Flames, to be honest. Their speed in our regular season games against them will burn us real hard a couple of times if we face them.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I seen many disrespectful California fans on the playoff threads & I enjoyed giving back to them what they gave. ;)

I want the Selanneless Ducks to lose in the next round but I highly doubt that it will happen.

The best part of beating your team will be not having to see your troll posts in every thread for the rest of the playoffs.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't like the idea of facing the Flames, to be honest. Their speed in our regular season games against them will burn us real hard a couple of times if we face them.

From what I've seen from them in the Canucks series, they shouldn't be much of a threat to you guys as long as you're ready to compete at their level. Their top line couldn't handle the Sedins head on, but our bottom three lines were out compete in every facet of the game. Once they got line matching to go their way we simply couldn't handle Hartley's matchup game. Out-coached, plain and simple.

Very likeable group of kids and hardworkers, but they don't belong anywhere near the conference finals. I'd say you'll have an easier time with them than the Jets.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Almost all fans do that at the end of playoff series. I guess they are second to none because they are all tied.

Because you wanted to make a snarky response, you had to make a post which followed through on it. I didn't say anywhere that this kind of ovation is unique only to winnipeg. The fans were amazing all series, much better than most crowds

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't wait to see Ehlers, Petan, and Morrissey next season. Hellebuyck might get a shot as well. Pavs just isn't consistently good enough to be a starting goalie.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd be looking to move Buff the moment the game ended.

God was he horrible. Dude is going to command big money next summer and i think the Jets are better off letting Morrisey growing to fill the offensive void left if they do move him.

And it's not like it's an isolated incident for Buff either. He is too inconsistent defensively.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
ez pz for the Ducks. Pretty weak way for the Jets to go out, but they'll be back next year ready to go.

GiveYouABagOfPucks

Jan 29, 2015
I'd be looking to move Buff the moment the game ended.

God was he horrible. Dude is going to command big money next summer and i think the Jets are better off letting Morrisey growing to fill the offensive void left if they do move him.

And it's not like it's an isolated incident for Buff either. He is too inconsistent defensively.

Think the Ducks can have him??

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Jets should be proud they had a hard fought series with many close games. This is nothing but good for the Jets to gain playoff experience and see what it is like.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Congrats to the Ducks. Hopefully this provides the measuring stick for the Jets and how they have to build to contend in the playoffs.

Disappointed that they got swept, but thrilled that I got to experience games 3 and 4 at MTS Centre. Amazing atmosphere. The Go Jets Go chant during the second TV timeout in the third period gave me chills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad