PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames | Overtime Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
But there are 2 different angles showing the puck crossed the line with the same amount of white space? Did they not show all the TV angles on NBC feed or what.

Two inconclusive angles. Puck is in the air. White space doesn't mean it crossed the line completely.

In that angle, the crossbar is clearly blocking the view of the puck. I wouldn't say that makes it a better angle at all.

I think NHL got the call wrong, and if they didn't then the rules they have in place are extremely poor.

Cross bar is over the goal line. If the puck is off the ice, that's the only angle that's conclusive. If that angle doesn't show it, that the call on the ice should and did stand.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Yet somehow elbowing someone to the ice is not called 100% of the time. We are mad at the consistency. You call Perry for a stick to the face while letting Stajan get away with the same play. 7 powerplays to 2 is not just the refs "missing" stuff. It's turning a blind eye to what one team is doing while calling everything for the other team. I'm not saying the Ducks did not commit penalties but you can't honestly say they were the only team pulling ****. We have a Sharks fan agreeing for god's sake and they hate us.

and there was a Bruins fan that thought the game was reffed okay.

and there's a Canuck fan that thinks the game was fairly reffed.

and I'm a Leafs fan that thinks the game was fair.

I'm amazed at Ducks fans complaining as vehemently as they are.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Alright guys, was fun but I just want to see a fair series called consistently. Puck was probably in the net but I'm willing to bet none of you would stake your lives on it.

Hope the next game is fun.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Sure the puck could be in the air but it would need to be 5"-6" in the air for that much white to be showing "under" it and still have it be above the line.

Watch the full replay, the puck was absolutely not 5"-6" in the air. It was barely off the ice at all.

That was a goal.

Yeah, I think your math is off.

Doesn't matter, still won.

I couldn't care less. I have no affiliation here. Stop whining about it then.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Sure the puck could be in the air but it would need to be 5"-6" in the air for that much white to be showing "under" it and still have it be above the line.

Watch the full replay, the puck was absolutely not 5"-6" in the air. It was barely off the ice at all.

That was a goal.

Couldn't agree more. The puck was clearly over the line.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Alright guys, was fun but I just want to see a fair series called consistently. Puck was probably in the net but I'm willing to bet none of you would stake your lives on it.

Hope the next game is fun.

It's hockey. I'm sure no one wants to die over it. Besides, we won the game. Why risk your life if you don't need to?

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
It's hockey. I'm sure no one wants to die over it. Besides, we won the game, Why risk your life if you don't need to?

Absolutely! I wasn't being serious about staking your life on it... just that there's nothing there that would make me say it was 100% in (even though, chances are, it was).

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
IMO the league made the right call on the disallowed goal. (from the replays I've seen)

Though I'm sure that if the Ducks scored a goal like that they'd be arguing it was a good goal as much as Flames fans are. All fan bases would.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
This is a terrible angle. The puck was travelling along Anderson's pads. Furthermore, this angle only shows the puck as it's leaving, not as it's entering.

Not as terrible as showing an angle from out front with the puck off the ice. That's exactly why it was ruled inconclusive. There were no angles that showed it conclusively in the net.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=146870&page=4
Look at post 66. Puck is flat on the ice clear as day. So yes it is most definitely a goal.

colleen-de-neve-calgary-herald-calgary-ab-may-5-201522.jpg

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Well I could go on about the officiating as that was irrelevant to the fact that the Ducks lost.

Not completely irrelevant. Refs missed some pretty big calls against the ducks but those things happen. Good teams adjust so I have no doubt that the ducks will be much better next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad