PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames | Overtime Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
I see a puck that's not across the goal line. The other "conclusive" picture quite clearly shows the puck off the ice.

Give it up, you can see its on the ice if it hasn't been raised from that picture, moving 5 more inches it isn't gonna raise up in the air.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I see a puck that's not across the goal line. The other "conclusive" picture quite clearly shows the puck off the ice.

Yeah you're right. Maybe that picture was taken during some other Flames/Duck playoff series. :rolleyes:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's in, I think

743a5ff64cc2709392b3454d16118c65.png

f63b4a6f078acc6fe8b6d63880a79097.png

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I've seen enough angles, pictures and footage. It was a goal

Edit: And those two planes are not miles apart.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I think the Ducks lost their cool in the end of the third.

But doesn't it seem a bit strange that Ducks fans are being called whiners,
while the winning team is still arguing the goal call??

Can't we all get along???:sarcasm:

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
That puck is over the line it is crystal clear. How anyone can cite "angles" and optical illusions is quite honestly scary. But then again as mentioned that dress....

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah you're right. Maybe that picture was taken during some other Flames/Duck playoff series. :rolleyes:

You can't say that the puck is on the ice there and apply that to when it crossed the line, no matter how logical it may appear. Just like if you know a puck is under a goalie in the net but can't see it. All that matters if they can clearly see the puck is across the line. You simply can't say 100%, and therefore it's not a goal.

For what it's worth, if the call on the ice would've been a goal, that would've held up, too. That's what inconclusive is.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
As a flames fan, who cares about the disallowed goal, we won!!

Had we lost I'd hold a grudge for life :laugh: but we won, so carry on

DaDucks*

ya its all good, on to the next game!!

Some jets fans were cut pretty deep it seems

tumblr_mi6pun2luw1r2foxqo1_500.gif

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Especially since there are still people who aren't over the no goal in 2004. Yeah, guys would definitely not vent at all if the Flames lost this one.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
I think we can all agree that game 3 upped the entertainment factor of this series, so that's good. Nothing fun about a 4 game laugher.

As far as the 'goal' it was uncanny watching it and immediately think of 2004 and realize there still isn't a great camera angle on it. 11 years later and the NHL still doesn't have the technology. You kind of knew it wouldn't be a goal- seriously it was freaky.

This was a weird game. Both teams shot themselves in the foot a few times. I thought CGY had zero margin for error - then basically got nothing out of 2/3rds of the injured top line, Brodie looked mediocre, did nothing on the PP, let ANA work the boards all night- but the Flames won anyways. Ramo was big and Backlund was huge. But still, not the type of win that I was expecting.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Only saw the highlights but the game looked like a lot of fun. Nice to see the Flames win the game, more hockey the better =)

I think the puck looked like it was in 99 times out of 100.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
As a flames fan, who cares about the disallowed goal, we won!!

Had we lost I'd hold a grudge for life :laugh: but we won, so carry on

This x10000. I mean if you had lost I'd get it. Really nice game and an awesome comeback by Flames, hopefully you tie the series in the next game!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
right team won. flames absolutely got robbed of a goal

definitely didn't think the ducks would sweep this series. next game is huge

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Happy that the call won't cause any controversy now. Hell, it might've been better for the Ducks if it was ruled a goal. Chaos theory, butterfly effect etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad