PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames | Overtime Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
It's your opinion that's it an optical illusion, it's my opinion that's it's a goal.

The fact that people are arguing about it shows that it is inconclusive and therefore the call on the ice shouldn't be overturned. Puck is off the ice, it's not conclusive with that angle. It's not conclusive with the overhead angle. Not conclusive = no goal.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
It's your opinion that's it an optical illusion, it's my opinion that's it's a goal.

The puck was in the air (fact proven by other angles), the angle you are referencing has been mathematically proven to be inaccurate (fact proven by common sense and, well, math), and the other angles were inconclusive (fact).

There's absolutely no way to call that a goal.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yes, it appears the puck is in.

It also appears as though these two airplanes are headed for disaster...

plane_paralle_visualfunhouse.jpg

But they're in the air?! So they're actually miles apart from each other!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So Ducks fans know all about the right calls except for the ones called against them. Gotcha.

The only penalty called on the Ducks was the Despres one. The rest, ticky tack or not, it happens, and Vatanen's especially can't be argued. Other than the call on Despres, I'm mostly upset that they put their whistles away for the Flames and only the Flames in the third. Absolutely hate the idea of the score affecting the way the game is called.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Why are we still debating the no-goal call?

The team who was allegedly 'screwed over' by the call won.

End of story, right? :help:

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Was sitting row 10 behind the ducks bench, same seat I was in for game 6 of the 04 finals when the flames had that other "goal" that looked like it was in. Kinda erie how that worked out. All worked out for the flames though in the end so I hope people don't get too hung up on this one.

Really sad time to be an oilers fan during such an intense game with a great atmospher in the arena, but it still gives me hope for future BOA rivalry games seeing the flames do well. Now hopefully the oilers under new management and the guidance of mcjesus can get it together and make sometching of it.

Props to the flames although I absolutely hate to say it, they really never quit. That said for the rest of this series, go ducks!

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
after seeing the airplane photoshop I think the puck was even deeper in the net behind the goal line - im not sure what that proves it's entertaining tho

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

Sure the puck could be in the air but it would need to be 5"-6" in the air for that much white to be showing "under" it and still have it be above the line.

Watch the full replay, the puck was absolutely not 5"-6" in the air. It was barely off the ice at all.

That was a goal.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The only penalty called on the Ducks was the Despres one. The rest, ticky tack or not, it happens, and Vatanen's especially can't be argued. Other than the call on Despres, I'm mostly upset that they put their whistles away for the Flames and only the Flames in the third. Absolutely hate the idea of the score affecting the way the game is called.

That Vaatanen play was horrendous and whoever took the penalty for Anaheim in OT(I forget) is an idiot, just basically punched Hudler in the face, they have to call that.

With that being said, the coincidental minors after Stajan running the netminder was BS, same with the missed trip in over-time.

Sucks when refs control the outcome. Lets hope game 4 is different.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm not even sure why this disallowed goal is still being argued. No matter how you try to spin it or argue it, no one can be proven correct. Otherwise the fellows in Toronto wouldn't have told the refs that there was inconclusive evidence to support overturning the call on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad