OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I work on West Charleston. I’m well stocked. Just observing some of the customers at my store cuz it’s crazy again with the line wrapping around the store.

Yeah, that is getting insane again for sure. Went to the one nearby saturday AM and the line was wrapped around. Said screw it and went back in the afternoon and there was no line. People are freaking out again for sure

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Let’s take a live look at the “no intervention” policy that may have been the only one worse than our half-baked attempt. Well done Sweden.

Reactions: LSCII

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yeah, that is getting insane again for sure. Went to the one nearby saturday AM and the line was wrapped around. Said screw it and went back in the afternoon and there was no line. People are freaking out again for sure
Talk about lines ...Took my kid to get a test today - open from 3-6. Got there at 3 shuffled across a parking lot for 2 1/2 hours, and the test itself took maybe 20 seconds. As we walked out there was at least another hour and a half left worth of a line.

Reactions: CDJ

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
At Stop & Shop we have already started putting limits into place with paper goods. We have seen a big uptick the last few weeks. Especially with home delivery. And we are starting to see out of stocks from the warehouses go back up again too. Wally is right. Start stocking up now.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I had a drive through test a few months ago. It didn't take long at all, my truck was third in line. Tester came out after each test wearing full PPE gear, he looked like an astronaut lol. I suppose he had to at least change his gloves for every person tested. I showed him my authorization form from the hospital & he checked it against his list. He used a nasal swab- he stuck that thing so far up my nostril I thought it was going to come out of my right eye. It lasted maybe 10 seconds, then I was on my way. Unpleasant to say the least.

there are literally 300 cars in this lot every morning. i just dont want to pull in one morning and be stuck in there for 2 hours.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've been ordering a pack of toilet paper with every weekly grocery delivery. Also getting more canned goods.

Reactions: Alicat

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My fiancé’s dad passed last night, surrounded by the people who loved him.

He spent 35 years as a teacher and coached basketball.

He’s now at peace after a fight with Alzheimer’s.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Let’s take a live look at the “no intervention” policy that may have been the only one worse than our half-baked attempt. Well done Sweden.

At least they can say they didn't try anything and just let it rip. It was stupid and misguided, but the results have long spoken for themselves. What's really insane to me is that someone in the medical field can look at how badly it's gone in Sweden, and think to themselves, yeah that's what America needs to do...

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yup. We have a spare frig in the basement. Comes in real handy.
Our front hall closet is paper goods. An airtight tote is flour,sugar and stable coffee creamer. I also had to ask my doctors give me 90 day supply of my meds.

we have full stock of masks,gloves and purell refill.
I do mail order for my prescriptions and because they are on autofill with the exception of one, I get a 90 day supply delivered to my door at around 60 days in. I have enough of my most important medications to last me til spring because of how it works. I have to go to the drive through pharmacy for 2 prescriptions but there is nothing I can do about that.

My biggest gripe is how the insurance company has marked my anxiety medication as not eligible for mail order and forces me to call it in. No problem with getting a 90 day supply but suddenly I can't order a refill online and I have to take an additional trip to the drive through pharmacy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Has anyone here been tested for Covid at the drive up testing??
I drive by one every day after dropping my daughter off at daycare but it looks like it takes forever. also, do they change gloves after every test they do through the window??
I should say- why isnt there a free test you can get in the mail and do yourself??
I'm in a study with the city of Boston and I do an at home nasal swab and blood test every month.

They are testing people to see how many were asymptomatic and/or been exposed and have antibodies. I get my nasal swab results but not the antibody results.

The swab only goes up until you can't see it and feels like you are picking your nose with a tissue. My issue is with pricking my finger to do the blood test portion. Just yuck.

I am not phased by the nasal test because after a number of nasal scopes and 2 sinus surgeries, a cotton swab is a piece of cake. If you have allergies, the swab isn't nearly as bad because you typically have a bit of a runny nose.

If you test positive they'll arrange for a standard test to ensure it isn't a false positive.

I've been negative both times.

Hopefully if they have positive results with the home nasal swabs they might be able to introduce self testing in the new year.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I had a drive through test a few months ago. It didn't take long at all, my truck was third in line. Tester came out after each test wearing full PPE gear, he looked like an astronaut lol. I suppose he had to at least change his gloves for every person tested. I showed him my authorization form from the hospital & he checked it against his list. He used a nasal swab- he stuck that thing so far up my nostril I thought it was going to come out of my right eye. It lasted maybe 10 seconds, then I was on my way. Unpleasant to say the least.

I took a test at CVS in St Pete, booked it online 45 min in advance, drive through, 5 min wait, 2 days for results and was thankfully negative. A lot easier than those clinics in Quebec where I feel I would just need a test after waiting in line for hours.

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
My daughter starts hybrid. FINALLY this Thursday and Friday. Cant wait to see how this shitshow goes.
They cant even use the playground at recess. Yet- you drive by the school and every day there is a baseball game going on. lol. For some reason they get out at 1:30!!! Way to make it easy on working parents. lol.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
At least they can say they didn't try anything and just let it rip. It was stupid and misguided, but the results have long spoken for themselves. What's really insane to me is that someone in the medical field can look at how badly it's gone in Sweden, and think to themselves, yeah that's what America needs to do...

People can bag on sweden all they want, yet their numbers are significantly better than here in MA (supposedly one of the better states) despite having 1 and a half times more people.

MA
Population = 6.9 mil
Positives = 190,000
Deaths = 10,000

Sweden
Population = 10.2 mil
Positives = 177,000
Deaths = 6,000

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People can bag on sweden all they want, yet their numbers are significantly better than here in MA (supposedly one of the better states) despite having 1 and a half times more people.

MA
Population = 6.9 mil
Positives = 190,000
Deaths = 10,000

Sweden
Population = 10.2 mil
Positives = 177,000
Deaths = 6,000

I think your numbers are dated. Sweden has 192K in cases and 6,225 deaths, and it's climbing. But again, the point is that they essentially did nothing, so their numbers could and would be significantly lower if they had just taken even basic actions to mitigate it. As for why MA has a higher rate of death, I won't get into that because it would run afoul of the no politics policy here.

Reactions: Ladyfan and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think your numbers are dated. Sweden has 192K in cases and 6,225 deaths, and it's climbing. But again, the point is that they essentially did nothing, so their numbers could and would be significantly lower if they had just taken even basic actions to mitigate it. As for why MA has a higher rate of death, I won't get into that because it would run afoul of the no politics policy here.

Sweden is also a lot bigger which kinda matters when factoring in this virus- they aren’t nearly as population dense. Now that it’s actually spreading uncontrollably watch what happens to them versus Finland. It’s kind of like how one of the Dakota’s didn’t have shit happen to them in the first wave but aren’t doing so hot now. It takes time to take control in a spread out population, but once it does look out....

like Sweden’s population may be a few milly more than what MA’s population is but they also have 17x the square footage

let’s watch them shit the bed compared to their next door neighbor. They can feel like us!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

MA
Population = 6.9 mil
Positives = 190,000
Deaths = 10,000

Sweden
Population = 10.2 mil
Positives = 177,000
Deaths = 6,000

I root for both places to succeed and make it through this hell

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My fiancé’s dad passed last night, surrounded by the people who loved him.

He spent 35 years as a teacher and coached basketball.

He’s now at peace after a fight with Alzheimer’s.

sorry to hear that, it’s never easy this time of year. f*** that terrible disease. May he RIP.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

sweden is doing so well they abandoned their plans

The worst thing you can be with this disease is half-in and half-out. If you lockdown it needs to be a full lockdown. Partial lockdown are the worst possible solution because you’re just gonna cripple business AND prolong the spread. Half measures do not work. Thailand has 70 million people and they’ve conquered this thing. Vietnam has nearly 100 million and same story there. And those are in relatively tiny nations. Look around the world, see what works, and copy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan and 17of26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad