OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I implore people to think of the PTSD we are giving nurses and doctors

Not easy living with a nurse, vein technician and police officer. Wife had covid (not bad thankfully) but we still know nothing about it (can it come back, long term issues), also could have been a false positive (although she had a headache for a day)..there are now 6 new cases of patients and 3 staff.....my daughter is around fifteen patients a day (once a week they get a call that someone that came in tested positive after) at least and my son is called to 3 covid suspected calls a day it seems (has to pass oxygen through windows in some homes where the patient is too sick to be helped by the police (son is a trained EMT but not allowed to go into the house unless the patient has lost consciousness before the ambulance arrives)...they understand the risks, and continue to do their job, but it does suck wondering if they are going to get sick everyday.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
LOL Newsom is suggesting maybe a covid curfew. Guess it only comes out at night

There's supposedly one in MA already. I don't think the suggestion is that the virus comes out at night, but rather the judgement of people late night is potentially impaired, so they're taking away the opportunity for people to put themselves in riskier positions. And really, if people would simply unf*** themselves and do the right things, they wouldn't have to take these kinds of measures.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
2 super markets and no corn beef................

Random things are really hard to find right now. We had a struggle a little while back finding pepperoni slices, for some reason. One of my daughters loves it and eats it on antipasto all the time, but we had a difficult time finding it for a few months. Now its in stock everywhere, but we can't find our brand of toilet paper anywhere. lol

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hey @Gee Wally , a friend of mine works in the science/vaccine space as is a bit wary of the Moderna vaccine due to some of the regular steps that were skipped. He's partial to the Pfizer one.

Any thoughts on that?

I don't have more specifics because when he gets technical I hear the teacher from Charlie Brown.

Both use same technology platform. I havent heard or seen anything (YET) that would suggest either company skipped anything. n
Now , that doesnt prove anything . But what is of the utmost importance is regardless of any company that third party, non political affiliation, medical reviews are done.
If and when thats done irregularities will be exposed if they are there.
One in thing in Modernas favor is they either took extra time developing final formulation or have better formulation scientists. Because a 2-8c stability that they are claiming is critical to distribution and actual vaccination of people.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Random things are really hard to find right now. We had a struggle a little while back finding pepperoni slices, for some reason. One of my daughters loves it and eats it on antipasto all the time, but we had a difficult time finding it for a few months. Now its in stock everywhere, but we can't find our brand of toilet paper anywhere. lol

Think its more the markets. Moms was telling none the markets have good corn beef. Only good places are the 2 Jewish delis.

Last week I stocked up on water and ammo. Im good over here haha.

Reactions: LSCII

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
There's supposedly one in MA already. I don't think the suggestion is that the virus comes out at night, but rather the judgement of people late night is potentially impaired, so they're taking away the opportunity for people to put themselves in riskier positions. And really, if people would simply unf*** themselves and do the right things, they wouldn't have to take these kinds of measures.

I still have great luck with Walmart on line. May take a few days or week to receive but I’m pretty impresed.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Think its more the markets. Moms was telling none the markets have good corn beef. Only good places are the 2 Jewish delis.

Last week I stocked up on water and ammo. Im good over here haha.

Pork in the early days of the pandemic was hard to find out here because all the people at the processing plants were getting sick. It calmed down eventually, but now it's just really random shit that's hard to find in my area.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I still have great luck with Walmart on line. May take a few days or week to receive but I’m pretty impresed.

We do order pick up from WalMart but were toying with the idea of signing up for their new monthly delivery service. It's 89 bucks for the year, or 12 bucks a month if you pay as you go. Between WalMart and BJs, we've been able to built up a little stockpile. The hard thing to find right now is my wife's preferred brand of TP and paper plates. So random, but not the worst to deal with.

My wife has also used Amazon Pantry. It's a little more pricey than a lot of markets, but if you shop the sale items, it's pretty slick.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Pork in the early days of the pandemic was hard to find out here because all the people at the processing plants were getting sick. It calmed down eventually, but now it's just really random shit that's hard to find in my area.

its notso much the ‘stuff’. Its moreso an ever decreasing of over road trucking capacity. Been an issue now for a decade as Vietnam vets retired. They were biggest part of that labor pool. Now it’s excelled due to covid. Many in the industry are in the high risk category.
A convergence of sorts.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

This America jack sounds like you dont believe in freedoms!

Damn people will prolly miss the sarcasm

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not easy living with a nurse, vein technician and police officer. Wife had covid (not bad thankfully) but we still know nothing about it (can it come back, long term issues), also could have been a false positive (although she had a headache for a day)..there are now 6 new cases of patients and 3 staff.....my daughter is around fifteen patients a day (once a week they get a call that someone that came in tested positive after) at least and my son is called to 3 covid suspected calls a day it seems (has to pass oxygen through windows in some homes where the patient is too sick to be helped by the police (son is a trained EMT but not allowed to go into the house unless the patient has lost consciousness before the ambulance arrives)...they understand the risks, and continue to do their job, but it does suck wondering if they are going to get sick everyday.

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers to stay safe during this shit.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Both use same technology platform. I havent heard or seen anything (YET) that would suggest either company skipped anything. n
Now , that doesnt prove anything . But what is of the utmost importance is regardless of any company that third party, non political affiliation, medical reviews are done.
One in thing in Modernas favor is they either took extra time developing final formulation or have better formulation scientists. Because a 2-8c stability that they are claiming is critical to distribution and actual vaccination of people.

Yeah that stability temp is a game changer. We are looking into being vaccine administrators and the storage temp was a huge barrier - trying to figure out how we could get crazy sub-zero freezers or an endless supply of dry ice.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Bunch of people have it at work. Pretty interesting they actually named the person in my department. If u had contact with em had to write ur name down. Another coworker had a cough today and was scared.

my only concern is my parents getting it. If I get it whatever. People always say things to me like what if u die? My response is I’ll be dead.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yeah that stability temp is a game changer. We are looking into being vaccine administrators and the storage temp was a huge barrier - trying to figure out how we could get crazy sub-zero freezers or an endless supply of dry ice.

you wont get -80 freezers now. Big pharma and huge distributors like Caremark have flooded manufacturers with po’s going back to May.
Dry ice will be in shortages too until other 2-8 treatments come through.
So if Pfizer gets approval around say the same time someone orders Omaha steaks its gonna be a long time to get them steaks.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
We do order pick up from WalMart but were toying with the idea of signing up for their new monthly delivery service. It's 89 bucks for the year, or 12 bucks a month if you pay as you go. Between WalMart and BJs, we've been able to built up a little stockpile. The hard thing to find right now is my wife's preferred brand of TP and paper plates. So random, but not the worst to deal with.

My wife has also used Amazon Pantry. It's a little more pricey than a lot of markets, but if you shop the sale items, it's pretty slick.

I started the wallmart pickup. Very easy and its same day or next day

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
you wont get -80 freezers now. Big pharma and huge distributors like Caremark have flooded manufacturers with po’s going back to May.
Dry ice will be in shortages too until other 2-8 treatments come through.
So if Pfizer gets approval around say the same time someone orders Omaha steaks its gonna be a long time to get them steaks.

I know. We looked.

I must say, I’ve learned a shitload during this pandemic about a lot of things I never even thought about if I’m looking for a silver lining

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I started the wallmart pickup. Very easy and its same day or next day

We've done it since they started offering it about 2 years ago, mostly because checking out takes so long there because there are very few registers open. When the pandemic hit, it got difficult to obtain a time slot but my wife figured out a hack. We found out they released the pick up times for the week Sunday/Mondays. So she'd set the alarm early and got a spot with no problem. It's starting to pick up there again now since things are escalating.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
We've done it since they started offering it about 2 years ago, mostly because checking out takes so long there because there are very few registers open. When the pandemic hit, it got difficult to obtain a time slot but my wife figured out a hack. We found out they released the pick up times for the week Sunday/Mondays. So she'd set the alarm early and got a spot with no problem. It's starting to pick up there again now since things are escalating.

Prices are great too. Montreal was really charging so much for groceries. Got some pretty big salmon filets for 7$ each

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
its notso much the ‘stuff’. Its moreso an ever decreasing of over road trucking capacity. Been an issue now for a decade as Vietnam vets retired. They were biggest part of that labor pool. Now it’s excelled due to covid. Many in the industry are in the high risk category.
A convergence of sorts.

Our TV truck company is ALWAYS looking for drivers

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT? WE’RE LOOKING FOR FULL-TIME, PART-TIME, & SEMIRETIRED DRIVERS! Game Creek Video, based in Hudson, New Hampshire, is seeking qualified drivers to join its team. We support some of the biggest broadcasted sporting events through our mobile television production units. Our drivers move these units to and from the various venues across the continental United States. We are entering our busy season and are looking for a few additional drivers. We are looking for drivers on the east coast, in particular the Greater New York City area. In this role, you will travel to the venues to meet with other Game Creek Drivers and assist in the striking and moving of our 53-foot mobile production trailers.

https://www.gamecreekvideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Freelance-Driver-5-1-18.pdf

Reactions: Gee Wally

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Their HQ's is where Polaroid was for decades - I will bet on the MIT types.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-11-17_17-52-52.png

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Alright people, I got an instant pot with air fryer lid as an early birthday present. What recipes should I throw in this bad boy?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bootleg plumber showed up today and is blaming the Nest thermostat on my heating woes. Funny, it worked fine last winter and I haven't touched any settings. So I guess I screw around with that later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad