OT - NO POLITICS PBS to the rescue - Charlie Brown specials will be on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Can't wait for Saturday. Neighborhood is usually pretty busy - kids love it. All around great night every year.

Yeah. Should be fun. We go to Templeton Ma. Great neighborhood for it, gonna be nice and cold.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What’s the biggest challenge of teaching during a pandemic?

The same as it is every other year:
Finding time to pee when you drink five cups of coffee and seven bottles of water a day.
I can imagine, in all seriousness, my son is well past the school age but are kids struggling with E learning?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I can imagine, in all seriousness, my son is well past the school age but are kids struggling with E learning?
Feast or famine.

We're "all in" so in a given class, I have 12-15 in the room and 3-5 remote learning at the same time.

I've very organized and have everything streamlined, so it's not bad on my end.

Lots of the ones that are remote have anxiety or attention deficit so them being remote hurts them because I can't prompt them to stay engaged as easily.

My toolbelt is severely limited.

Some are doing great.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Feast or famine.

We're "all in" so in a given class, I have 12-15 in the room and 3-5 remote learning at the same time.

Lots of the ones that are remote have anxiety or attention deficit so them being remote hurts them because I can't prompt them to stay engaged as easily.

Some are doing great.

you could be like my five year olds’ remote instructor and just be a total asshole to the kids all the time.

Sounds like you’re doing just fine!

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Hunting season, eh? Ye Olde Walk-in-the-Woods. Eh? Ye Olde Bourbon & Poker with the boys, eh? Ye Olde Old-time Hockey Game after an early morning hunt...whoops, not this year. Oh well, John Wayne movies it is....

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My CZ and Glock are both .9 used to have a S&W
.40 but sold it cuz kick back is a bitch. Looking at a Berretta, FN or another Glock next. I carry hollow points.
Well yes, if carrying anything for protection/self defense should be carrying hollow points and yes, the kick on the MP Shield is quite fierce, but when faced with a bitch of a kick vs being torn apart by a cougar or bear, I'll stick with the kick :) My every day carry is straight up Beretta 9mm that is a lot more "fun" to practice with than the MP that's for sure.

Reactions: BMC

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Well yes, if carrying anything for protection/self defense should be carrying hollow points and yes, the kick on the MP Shield is quite fierce, but when faced with a bitch of a kick vs being torn apart by a cougar or bear, I'll stick with the kick :) My every day carry is straight up Beretta 9mm that is a lot more "fun" to practice with than the MP that's for sure.

I love my 92fs. Much more enjoyable at the range for sure and doesn't beat me up...but I just cant say I like it more than my 1911. Harsher to shoot, half the rounds but there's something about it I love

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
I love my 92fs. Much more enjoyable at the range for sure and doesn't beat me up...but I just cant say I like it more than my 1911. Harsher to shoot, half the rounds but there's something about it I love
Agreed. I share the same models. Despite all the newfangled “ergonomic” options, something about the classic 1911 fit my hand like a glove.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
jn4or4ugVsdmiybRk5OKBz2-p5lJyOdiAVx0XVBYLKE1xx5tUKx1WhM4ugluo_9a_UUfAmbv_mweEWxQOFFh0f2K05NhyH7Zk4HLj5wrCCWoBZkkP5x5MP14wiORqgZBeLIHqMYTnCR8nPo=s0-d-e1-ft

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Agreed. I share the same models. Despite all the newfangled “ergonomic” options, something about the classic 1911 fit my hand like a glove.
I hear you, when was "trying out" the smaller pistols for my every day carry weapon the 1911 just seemed to not "fit right" if that makes sense. The 92FS was like an instant meld into my hand feel. It is so much fun practicing with that one. I'm fortunate in that don't have to go to an actual range here, can go to a few places on the mountain and a couple of quarries that are no longer mined that us gun folks have turned into free outdoor target ranges. Getting ammo out here tho is becoming more and more difficult, it's craziness.

Reactions: Jim and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Feast or famine.

Some are doing great.
incredibly challenging for all parties involved, thank you for your service, too often education/teacher`s are not remotely close to being appreciated enough

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

I also have high capacity mags. Very fun.

Glock + 30 or 50 round mag is a good time

They just look ridiculous.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Someone was asking about the latest plans for the Olympics. The enclosed gives some information.

The athletes' village in Tokyo's bay area is expected to be used by more than 10,000 people. The organizers discussed measures to prevent the spread of the virus in the village's restaurants and other shared facilities during their meeting earlier this month at the prime minister's office.

Tokyo Olympic village may have COVID-19-focused health center

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Ammo is hard to find but I know some people out here. One of my managers was saying he doesnt feel comfortable if he doesnt have 5,000 rounds then again he has like....................alot more fire arms than I do.

Soooooooooooo save those rounds u got lol

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ammo is hard to find but I know some people out here. One of my managers was saying he doesnt feel comfortable if he doesnt have 5,000 rounds then again he has like....................alot more fire arms than I do.

Soooooooooooo save those rounds u got lol

Haha, oh I am. I haven't touched my .308 or .223 since this started. Surprisingly haven't hit a big shortage of 30-06, but it hurts at a buck a round.

I've had decent luck online with Outdoor Limited

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Alright... I'm a big fan of musicals and have been to Broadway a few times.

Up until today though I had never seen or listened to Hamilton.

What took me so long!? Man it's good.

Reactions: talkinaway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: