HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EllspMLW0AMhZEy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I miss the snow. This goes against everything the media portrays it as, but California weather kind of sucks. It's just the same crap every day, it makes you insane because the rhythm of nature with rainy days/clouds/overcast/etc. don't exist.

The equivalent of an overcast day is when one of the wildfires gets out of hand and makes the sky hazy and dark.

I want fall, I want different seasons.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I miss the snow. This goes against everything the media portrays it as, but California weather kind of sucks. It's just the same crap every day, it makes you insane because the rhythm of nature with rainy days/clouds/overcast/etc. don't exist.

The equivalent of an overcast day is when one of the wildfires gets out of hand and makes the sky hazy and dark.

Glad I moved to Tennessee. Four seasons and none of them harsh. Great foliage, cheap cost of living, lots of national parks. Only had to shovel snow one year so far.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

My daughter has lived in California for over 10 years. She misses the rain.

I have been there several times and the weather is boring and I think blizzards are less scary than fires. I love Fall in New England and the snow doesn't bother me much until about March.

I got a generator about 10 years ago so if it is going to snow I just make sure I have enough cat food, tea and a couple of good books.

Reactions: eightspokedb

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My daughter has lived in California for over 10 years. She misses the rain.

I have been there several times and the weather is boring and I think blizzards are less scary than fires. I love Fall in New England and the snow doesn't bother me much until about March.

I got a generator about 10 years ago so if it is going to snow I just make sure I have enough cat food, tea and a couple of good books.
Definitely.

I love the snow, being able to look out at it, to grab a blanket and warm up, it's awesome. Driving in it is bad and having to walk in the slush when it's poorly cleared, and I always despised clearing it off my car, btu in general I prefer having some kind of weather to this boring same thing every day kind of weather.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I should amend my post on snow. Snow isn't bad although I'm not exactly fond of shoveling it. It is the cold I don't like and you can't have snow without cold.:brrr::elf:

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I live a few miles away from the Worcester airport, and we have more than that down at this point and it's still coming down pretty hard. f***, I'm not ready for this shit.
I live close to Toronto, got my snow tires put on yesterday.
It was crazy busy there had to wait 45 mins even though I had a firm appointment.
Don't like the winter, prefer summer and fall

Reactions: LSCII

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I just had to shovel my driveway and it's still coming down hard. WTF?

Just did my car and my fathers car, but he was already in the car before I had a chance to clear the porch and the ramp. Looks like I might as well wait until it stops now. I think I'll have to clear the freaking trampoline too lol I dont want all that weight on the springs in year 1

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The snow can go f*** itself. I've got a decades-long streak of having never been in a significant blackout. Ten or twenty minutes tops, maybe, since....probably 1995. If there's any year where that streak's at risk, it's 2020, and with some of the tree branches still heavy with fall leaves, this first snow just feels like it's going to cause a power outage.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just did my car and my fathers car, but he was already in the car before I had a chance to clear the porch and the ramp. Looks like I might as well wait until it stops now. I think I'll have to clear the freaking trampoline too lol I dont want all that weight on the springs in year 1

I've never bothered clearing the trampoline in the 3-4 years we've had it, mainly because the safety net around it makes it a pain in the ass.

Reactions: lopey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've never bothered clearing the trampoline in the 3-4 years we've had it, mainly because the safety net around it makes it a pain in the ass.

I hadn't even considered the net issue today. This is a heavy snow too. Do you take it down for the winter? I was hoping to get another week or two with the kids on it. I get a solid workout and we all sleep easy!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was able to clean off the top of the car with my shovel and clean it all up a few minutes ago so woo. My only real concern now is that the parking lot and roads are a mess. I think I'll re-schedule my appointment because I have a feeling we got more than expected and the roads are a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad