Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Pavel will be a noteworthy successor to Krejci. If he has a full year of Pasta and hopefully Bert, he could easily be a 70pt center.

100% and in fact I think he can push 80 with the right line up consistency

Krejci was a 70 point player and Zach has better physical tools than Krejci along with a generational goal scorer and a pretty good add that has chemistry in bertuzzi if they can keep him

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The original trade was pretty much zero risk from the Bruins' perspective.

Him playing as he has and continuing to perform post contract signing is a huge bonus. Can't wait to see what he can do in the postseason and beyond.

Reactions: CDJ

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
On a typical day, father and son would finish breakfast and head outside to the sports playground to ride scooters and in-line skates, to play tennis and ballgames, to run and jump. There was soccer, 1-on-1, or the father would act as the goalie in hockey games.

They usually finished with archery before heading back inside for imaginative painting and singing, accompanied by a guitar.

The ice rink was next, for skating or skills.

After lunch, the next stop was a nature reserve, biking and wading through the river, climbing trees and rocks, cooking on a campfire.

There were Legos and English practice.

There was work with a hockey club or tennis club, some rest, some time with his grandfather. In the winter, he would finish the day with 70 minutes of skiing or snowboarding in the evening.

He was 3.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
On a typical day, father and son would finish breakfast and head outside to the sports playground to ride scooters and in-line skates, to play tennis and ballgames, to run and jump. There was soccer, 1-on-1, or the father would act as the goalie in hockey games.

They usually finished with archery before heading back inside for imaginative painting and singing, accompanied by a guitar.

The ice rink was next, for skating or skills.

After lunch, the next stop was a nature reserve, biking and wading through the river, climbing trees and rocks, cooking on a campfire.

There were Legos and English practice.

There was work with a hockey club or tennis club, some rest, some time with his grandfather. In the winter, he would finish the day with 70 minutes of skiing or snowboarding in the evening.

He was 3.
3 years old !!

I must be a late bloomer . I was still sucking nipple at 3 .

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
man, how is this thread so far down? Zacha is quickly becoming one of my favorite Bruins. What a perfect fit he has been. On pace for 67 points and 30 goals and that's after he had a really slow start where he couldn't buy a point. Obviously he's getting a ton of offensive opportunities now so he should be racking up points but it's nice to see that he's making good on those opportunities.

And besides just the offensive production he has really turned into a 2-way, puck protecting force who is playing in all situations, including being one of their top PK forwards.

What a grand slam acquisition this guy has turned out to be.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
man, how is this thread so far down? Zacha is quickly becoming one of my favorite Bruins. What a perfect fit he has been. On pace for 67 points and 30 goals and that's after he had a really slow start where he couldn't buy a point. Obviously he's getting a ton of offensive opportunities now so he should be racking up points but it's nice to see that he's making good on those opportunities.

And besides just the offensive production he has really turned into a 2-way, puck protecting force who is playing in all situations, including being one of their top PK forwards.

What a grand slam acquisition this guy has turned out to be.
sat was the best ive ever seen him play. he was everywhere. i dont think he gets tired

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He’s so underrated

Love him at LW

Those passes he made tonight to Marchand on PK & Pastrnak goal were unreal

They keep him at LW with Pastrnak he should regularly hit 70 points

Well he's the #1 Center on the team right now. I guess maybe if they replace him as #1 center they can consider making him a LW

Reactions: quietbruinfan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
He, more than any other Bruin, has had a disappointing year. (With the poor year Grz has had, that is saying something.) He turns the puck over in his own zone constantly. Part of that is Monty's extreme emphasis on possession making him do too much, but part of it ,as with others ,like Carlo, Grz and Lindholm is just slowness softness and poor decision making. He is also not winning faceoffs, nor is he hitting the net with his chances.

He has had very good jump the last three or four games, perhaps that means his possession play will improve. I truly hope so.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brian Boyle was on Hockey Show yesterday discussing how skilled Zacha is - played with him NJ & skated with him in Marlboro off season as Zacha was up here in summer where GF from

Said Uber skilled and kind soul - shot is incredible needs to use more - Pastrnak says better then his which find hard to believe

I like him as winger where he can think offensive more

Chris Kelly privately said he’s getting better every day and fantastic person

I get he didn’t clear the puck out of zone back in October - give it the F up

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He, more than any other Bruin, has had a disappointing year. (With the poor year Grz has had, that is saying something.) He turns the puck over in his own zone constantly. Part of that is Monty's extreme emphasis on possession making him do too much, but part of it ,as with others ,like Carlo, Grz and Lindholm is just slowness softness and poor decision making. He is also not winning faceoffs, nor is he hitting the net with his chances.

He has had very good jump the last three or four games, perhaps that means his possession play will improve. I truly hope so.

This is like bad satire. Really bad.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He’s so underrated

Love him at LW

Those passes he made tonight to Marchand on PK & Pastrnak goal were unreal

They keep him at LW with Pastrnak he should regularly hit 70 points

I just don’t know who to believe

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
This is like bad satire. Really bad.
Hey, homer crew: What part of that is not true? He turns the puck over in his own zone often, yep. I find Hockey reference's giveway stat for him highly dubious. They list him with only 10 for the year so far. I have seen 10-almost all of them in his own zone-in the last two weeks! Maybe you just do not have eyes?
Soft with the puck because he tries to be too fancy, yep. Again, do you not have eyes?

He is not as slow as most of the other forwards, but does he have the jets on much of the time? No. (He has hustled more as of late...)

I was wrong about the faceoffs. According to Fox sports of all sites: He wins a solid 52.3%, which would put him ninth in the league-if he took enough of them. He is very inconsistent in that regard tough. According to Hockey reference game logs, he will be around 50% for a few games then he will go in the toilet against teams that are strong up the middle, like the Leafs.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Hey homer crew: What part of that is not true? He turns the puck over in his own zone, yep. Maybe you just do not have eyes? Soft with the puck because he tries to be too fancy, yep or again, do you not have eyes? He is not as slow as most of the other forwards, but does he have the jets on much of the time? No. (He has hustled more as of late...) I was wrong about the faceoffs. According to Fox sports of all sites: He wins a solid 52.3%, which would put him ninth in the league-if he took enough of them. He is very inconsistent in that regard tough. According to Hockey reference game logs, he will be around 50% for a few games then he will go in the toilet against teams that are strong up the middle, like the Leafs.
You literally like no players on the team and call others homers. I know hockey is your third sport but come on man.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Geekie been at center not saying he’s a top line center but he’s racking up points

Lindholm would work well here
I was kind of against Lindholm, but they absolutely need a strong two way center. Curious if he wants to go to a strong team or care more about max salary in FA.

Reactions: DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad