Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The thing about Zacha is that he's always been this capable. I'm not sure what the issue was in NJ, but there was an issue.

In 2015-16 He played on a stacked Sarnia team with Jakob Chychrun, Travis Konecny, Jordan Kyrou among others. Zacha was dominant on the PP and a threat to score on the PK every time. The problem then, as it is now: He had/has a great shot but doesn't play selfish enough. He doesn't use it as often as he should.

I think the coaching staff will eventually get it out of him. I think he's got more to give.
I always knew he had a great shot, and I disregarded the lazy narratives about him in NJ given the franchise and the general intelligence of their online fanbase.

I’m most surprised with a) his physicality and b) his vision and ability to capitalize on it. He really has a much more diverse toolkit then I was led to believe.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I always knew he had a great shot, and I disregarded the lazy narratives about him in NJ given the franchise and the general intelligence of their online fanbase.

I’m most surprised with a) his physicality and b) his vision and ability to capitalize on it. He really has a much more diverse toolkit then I was led to believe.

It's the toolkit of a 6th OA pick. Watching him this season I am surprised NJ gave up on him and thought a straight swap for Haula was a solid move.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

In 2016, OHL coaches voted Zacha with the second hardest shot behind Sergachev. They also voted Zacha as the best penalty killer - almost a landslide.

In 2015 I was working for In The O Radio doing their draft stuff. Unfortunately, all that stuff is gone from the internet, but I raved a lot that if Zacha ever put it all together watch out. Again, I don't want to bad mouth NJ, but something happened and he's trending in the right direction. I think we'll see more from Zacha as his time in Boston continues.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There are people here saying he’s a 30 point guy - are they on their phone goofing of while haphazard watching Bruins games. He plays 200 feet and all 3 F positions and both special teams

He plays exceptionally with a guy who with health will score 600 + goals

He’s good folks

If Zacha doesn’t get 7.th player award shut it down

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
He and Pasta mid 20’s that’s a high end duo

The more I watch I think he can be a heck of a center

Being around Boston 4 veteran centers has to have taught him a lot

Sweeney getting for Eric Haula a heist

Excellent post. I really liked Sweeney's strategy to target three former high first round draft picks (Hall, Lindholm, and Zacha) who were underperforming with their former respective teams. It's one of the main reasons why the Bruins have such a great record this year and are nicely set up for the future too.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Everytime he’s played center recently he has looked great. Has good chemistry with Pasta as well.

Bodes well for us if he can keep it up.

Reactions: cat400 and lextune

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
He can slot in seamlessly if Bergy can't handle FO duties or god forbid goes down.

I like pasta, jake, and zacha on the PP. Speed. Maybe Bergy and Brad focus on PK or 2nd PP Unit.

It's a wrinkle and something other teams aren't remotely focused on. idk?

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He’s going to be a no1 center scoring 70+ points between Bert and Pasta isn’t he
That might be going a little far. He has exceeded expectations this season. He has played well and is clearly a good player, but he is not looking like a number 1 center. He is looking like a guy the term “middle six” was coined for.

Very good player for his cap hit, age, and the little they had to give up to get him, but I don’t think this is a top six guy, let alone no. 1 center.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
After his trip to Pearle Vision, he truly has been a game changer. Who knew? Absolutely love him on the team. A real asset to the team. Fits us like a glove.

Screenshot_20230116_141907_Chrome.jpg

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He’s an absolute beast. If you told me he was going to hit 45 points this year, I would have been ecstatic.

We needed to pull a top 6 center out of our ass and Sweeney did that and then some. He’s passed the eye test all season long, but has constantly gotten better and seems to have great chemistry with Pasta. Will be a fun few years.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Really like the fact that we can use him as a C or wing. Will help when we see what our young centres bring in the next couple of years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad