Player Discussion Pavel Zacha

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It might all be a pressure question.
On a balanced team, good leadership, the pressure IS and WAS not on him this year.
This should be a transition year for him, and we might see the developing of a very good player.

Before everything, I'll wait and see how he can manage 1st line center or second line center role on a daily basis for 82 games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It might all be a pressure question.
On a balanced team, good leadership, the pressure IS and WAS not on him this year.
This should be a transition year for him, and we might see the developing of a very good player.

Before everything, I'll wait and see how he can manage 1st line center or second line center role on a daily basis for 82 games.
I think Bergeron comes back next year. Slot Zacha in the 2 hole. He should be good, he's wayyyyyy improved over his Devils days....3rd line, gotta find a team that will take Coyle and hand the reigns over to Freddy. can't afford both these guys next year.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I think Bergeron comes back next year. Slot Zacha in the 2 hole. He should be good, he's wayyyyyy improved over his Devils days....3rd line, gotta find a team that will take Coyle and hand the reigns over to Freddy. can't afford both these guys next year.
What you bring would be Ideal.... bring him towards taking more responsibility. The guy is top end talent... but pressure is a dam thing to tame (dompter in French)

Reactions: rfournier103

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I see him centering a line that's defacto no1 (with pasta) while Bergeron and Marchand's minutes are turned back a bit making them defacto line 2.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Zacha looked pretty good in his opportunities at 2C. Word on the street when he came over to the Bs was that he struggles at C. Offensively that hasn't been the case at C with the Bs. Defensively he has struggled here and there, but I chalk that up to simply needing more time at C with this group.

There is no doubt in my mind that a line of Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta would be excellent next season. Pasta and Bertuzzi have clicked really well in their limited time on the ice together, and Zacha is good at driving the play at C.

Unfortunately Bertuzzi coming back is a big question mark, but it sure would make for a great line if Krech leaves and DS can somehow work Bertuzzi into his plans.

Reactions: Kegs and PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Unfortunately Bertuzzi coming back is a big question mark, but it sure would make for a great line if Krech leaves and DS can somehow work Bertuzzi into his plans.

Your Bertuzzi pic reminds me of the original Willy Wonka...

Screen Shot 2023-04-04 at 1.23.58 PM.pngWilly Wonka.jpeg

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Zacha looked pretty good in his opportunities at 2C. Word on the street when he came over to the Bs was that he struggles at C. Offensively that hasn't been the case at C with the Bs. Defensively he has struggled here and there, but I chalk that up to simply needing more time at C with this group.

There is no doubt in my mind that a line of Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta would be excellent next season. Pasta and Bertuzzi have clicked really well in their limited time on the ice together, and Zacha is good at driving the play at C.

No disrespect indented to Bertuzzi but I really want to see what DeBrusk and Pasta would do working together on the same line.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If it’s a choice between Freddy and Coyle at 3C, that’s an easy decision for me. It’s Coyle, no question. Especially if Bergeron retires. Nosek is probably gone after this year, so who’s gonna be your C on the pk? Also, Freddy has made his money this year playing on Coyle’s wing, not as a center. You are taking a huge risk potentially losing Bergeron, Krejci to retirement, Nosek to free agency, and then trading Coyle and giving Freddy the 3C spot? No way.

Reactions: Ratty

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Him centreing that line with Pasta looks way more dangerous and faster then Krecji there .Bertuzzi really fits with those 2.Sure feeling better about losing a centre in off season.

I think Bergeron leaves he has nothing left to prove and knows he will never play on another team this good.Cant see his motivation to abuse himself any longer

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Him centreing that line with Pasta looks way more dangerous and faster then Krecji there .Bertuzzi really fits with those 2.Sure feeling better about losing a centre in off season.

I think Bergeron leaves he has nothing left to prove and knows he will never play on another team this good.Cant see his motivation to abuse himself any longer
I wholeheartedly agree with your first point.

As for your second… do you think for a second that that the Bruins won’t do anything and everything they can to bring Bergeron back next year as the captain of the 100th anniversary team?

Win or lose this year, unless there’s some kind of horrible injury, I think Bergeron is back for one more season.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
53 points this year with very limited PP time. He might just be the perfect 2C moving forward (next year). Just 25 years old hitting his stride. He might be able to hit 75 points playing a full year at 2C and PP time. Great trade and signing by Sweeney!
I think you are right on , Bergey comes back for one more Rodeo and that gives Zacha some more growing time . I think they are going to need to do some off season work this team might be in better shape than most of thought with the loss picks and the cap being so restrictive . Maybe I am being a glass half full guy............... totalley out character for me ...hahaha

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Zacha has been consistently good with his effort all season and hes knocking on the door of 60 points. Well earned 7th player award.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad