Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I still want Strome off the team over paying him based on a stretch where he's shooting over 20%. That hasn't changed.

That stretch has been over a year. He's been very productive since he's been a Ranger and has stepped up since Mika has been out. The guy has obvious talent and is only 26. I would love to sign him for another year or 2.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
That stretch has been over a year. He's been very productive since he's been a Ranger and has stepped up since Mika has been out. The guy has obvious talent and is only 26. I would love to sign him for another year or 2.

The problem is he isn’t going to be looking for a 1-2 year contract. He’ll point to what he’s done since he came to NY and shoot for a 4-5 year deal which I’m not even remotely comfortable giving him, considering he’s playing so well in a contract year. Give him term and there’s every chance he becomes a complacent floater, based off his career. He may be putting up points and playing well for us but he is by no means a guy I’d build around.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The problem is he isn’t going to be looking for a 1-2 year contract. He’ll point to what he’s done since he came to NY and shoot for a 4-5 year deal which I’m not even remotely comfortable giving him, considering he’s playing so well in a contract year. Give him term and there’s every chance he becomes a complacent floater, based off his career. He may be putting up points and playing well for us but he is by no means a guy I’d build around.

I never said he was a guy to build around. I just stated that he has been great for this team since we acquired him. I find it amusing how some posters just love to trash this guy and all he does is produce.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I never said he was a guy to build around. I just stated that he has been great for this team since we acquired him. I find it amusing how some posters just love to trash this guy and all he does is produce.

I didn’t trash him I was just responding to you saying you’d sign him for another year or two. If he was looking for a 1-2 year deal I’d be fine with offering him a contract but because I find it highly unlikely he gets less than 4 years I’d rather sell high on him. He does produce but there are aspects of his game that leave something to be desired as well. Fine with him as a stop gap, don’t want to give him term and security.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I didn’t trash him I was just responding to you saying you’d sign him for another year or two. If he was looking for a 1-2 year deal I’d be fine with offering him a contract but because I find it highly unlikely he gets less than 4 years I’d rather sell high on him. He does produce but there are aspects of his game that leave something to be desired as well. Fine with him as a stop gap, don’t want to give him term and security.

I wasn't referring to you when I said some posters trash him. I respect your opinion about signing him long term. Hopefully GMJG makes the right decisions on players like Buch, Krieder, Strome, ADA, and Lemieux.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'd agree if we had more center prospects.
Byfield_AB40806.jpg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This isn't the Strome thread but I have serious questions on his ability to maintain his pace without Panarin. And he doesn't do nearly enough away from the puck to make up for it.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This isn't the Strome thread but I have serious questions on his ability to maintain his pace without Panarin. And he doesn't do nearly enough away from the puck to make up for it.
Yeah, should probably move it to his thread. But will say that Strome was putting up points last year and this year before being placed on Panarin's line.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
But, by the same token, I've always been a fan, and I LOVE the shots of Panarin literally "taking him under his wing" on the bench in games. There's continued upside there to be mined.

This could be a small thing, but Panarin is someone to relate to. Yes, we had Namestnikov, but he's much more of an American player than a Russian player. Panarin is someone that can help him, in his native language, with the NHL game.

Yes, the work ethic and physicality are much higher that in years past, but don't forget he's still a young player, just not for this team. Have to think he can go to Panarin and they can talk things through and little things that he can do and see to make him better.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Seriously.

With what this fanbase has seen you'd think it wouldn't be the unpopular stance to expect buyer's remorse on a possible extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad