Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If he puts up 40 points in his first season, I am happy. People will expect 70 points from Buch in his first season and will call him a bust if he doesn't get that, but here's the total points of 3 Russians who are pretty good now.

Tarasenko had
19 in 38
43 in 64
73 in 77
74 in 80

Took him 2 whole seasons to be a PPG player

Kucherov:
18 in 52
65 in 82
66 in 77

Kuznetsov:
9 in 17
37 in 80
77 in 82

70 points is elite. I think you might be disappointed with the 40 point projection. This is not the 80's.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The window isn't closed. It opens at the start of every season, and closes when the season ends.

The core is still intact, and we're going to be better next year more so than not.

Thats very metaphysical of you.

Most of the core position players stink. Thats the problem.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Is he more of a finisher or a feeder? Playing with Brass-Zucc combo he could be successful if he can finish at a high rate.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Refusing to take our lumps and rebuild has produced one cup in 76 years. By all means lets continue to retool every year. :shakehead

Yeah because every rebuild works. For every Pittsburgh or Chicago I'll give you Edmonton and Florida.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Detroit also doesn't trade every 1st round pick and every other 2nd round pick

Who are the bright stars that Detroit has picked in the 1st round, exactly?

I think the Rangers drafting in rounds 1 & 2 > Detroit's by a mile even as limited as they were.

Funfact: from 2012 on, Detroit's draft picks haven't played a single NHL game yet (27 total picks).

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I think the Rangers drafting in rounds 1 & 2 > Detroit's by a mile even as limited as they were.

Funfact: from 2012 on, Detroit's draft picks haven't played a single NHL game yet (27 total picks).

Am I reading this properly?

Larkin? Mantha? Athannasiou?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Are you referring to only 1st and 2nd rounders? Because Athanasiou, Mantha, Janmark, and Larkin have 200 games played between them.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

umm...Larkin?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Yeah because every rebuild works. For every Pittsburgh or Chicago I'll give you Edmonton and Florida.

Notice a difference between those teams. Pittsburgh and Chicago can attract free agents to supplement their homegrown talent, as could we. A true rebuild is much easier to accomplish as a big market team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

His KHL stats are similar to Panarin's at the same ages, but better.

Had he not had the struggles he did with SKA, and he had instead stayed with Severstal the whole season, he might have had stats very close to Kuznetsov's in their age 20 seasons and nearly identical to Tarasenko's through their age 18-20 seasons. Kuznetsov had incredible stats in his 18 and 19 seasons far past anyone, but he didn't improve that much in his age 20 season, and if Buchnevich had stayed with Severstal, he could have gotten close to Kuznetsov's age 20 stats. Thats what Tarasenko did. His age 18 and 19 seasons were similar to Buchnevich, but he made a big jump in his age 20 season. Buchnevich was only pace to come within 4 points of Kuznetsov's age 20 season and 7 points of Tarasenko's age 20 season.

I'm not saying he's as good as either of them, but if he became close to as good in the NHL, I wouldn't be surprised. He gets completely underrated by some people. He's a top 5 prospect not in the NHL.

Is he more of a finisher or a feeder? Playing with Brass-Zucc combo he could be successful if he can finish at a high rate.

Feeder, but he has a good shot that he's started to use more.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Notice a difference between those teams. Pittsburgh and Chicago can attract free agents to supplement their homegrown talent, as could we. A true rebuild is much easier to accomplish as a big market team.

Which big free agents have they signed? Chicago signed Hossa but that contract is ********, no way that gets done now.

Edmonton and Florida can get free agents. They just can't get the big names which isn't neccesarily a bad thing as big free agent additions rarely work out.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Which big free agents have they signed? Chicago signed Hossa but that contract is ********, no way that gets done now.

Edmonton and Florida can get free agents. They just can't get the big names which isn't neccesarily a bad thing as big free agent additions rarely work out.

If you think Edmonton or Florida is as attractive a free agent destination as NY or Chicago, i don't know what to tell you.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Have we had anyone play for us that we drafted since 2014-15?? Maybe duclair for 9 games to early to tell for late round guys lol..

Drafted since 2012 that played through 2014-15? Duclair. When did Skapski play those two games?

Through this year, it would be Duclair (with about 90 games), Skjei, and Skapski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad