Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
if recent history is any indication, its av that will determine his ability to contribute more than anything.

this kid will need a steady diet of power plays and top 6 type minutes to prosper. he will need to play with another crafty player or two for sure.

you throw zuke and brass out there with buchnevich and that line will be electric.

The definition of a "pass it into the net" line...

AV can be kind of funny with who he gives a long leash to and who he doesn't but a lot will probably depend on how well Buchnevich prepares (works hard in practice, shows he's learning from mistakes, etc) and stays away from those offensive blueline turnovers that coaches absolutely loath (which got Miller in trouble a lot).

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Didn't he post a picture in a hospital bed like last week? Let the guy recover a bit first LOL. Im as excited as anyone else on these boards but it really is ridiculous you guys are like children on christmas eve:laugh:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The definition of a "pass it into the net" line...

AV can be kind of funny with who he gives a long leash to and who he doesn't but a lot will probably depend on how well Buchnevich prepares (works hard in practice, shows he's learning from mistakes, etc) and stays away from those offensive blueline turnovers that coaches absolutely loath (which got Miller in trouble a lot).

Two things: pass-it-to-death was what I thought about this line as well though, this last season Brass / Zuke combo managed over 50 goals - not too shabby. Second, reading "offensive blue line turnover" I had Alex Kovalev flashback.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Two things: pass-it-to-death was what I thought about this line as well though, this last season Brass / Zuke combo managed over 50 goals - not too shabby. Second, reading "offensive blue line turnover" I had Alex Kovalev flashback.

yeah they did both start trying to shoot more this year (and both had career highs in goals because of it) so if they can keep that up then good. Buchnevich seems like he can pass and score but considering the current rangers team I'd probably rather see him shoot more for now

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Can Buch pass off as a good ol' Tronna boy? If not, tell him to stay in Russia

:sarcasm:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
That's a small, weak line that will have trouble getting out of its own zone and zero net presence.

yeah cause all our big, strong guys got out of their own zone so well last season.

hulking strength monsters like rick nash, chris kreider and kevin hayes all powered their way out of the zone and of course all made a living at the front of the net scoring dirty goals.

wait.......... ok never mind.

zuke, pound for pound, is probably one of the strongest, meanest, nastiest little guys in the league.

brass doesnt play a physical game but nhl careers have been made with less talent than he has for sure. his underrated slap shot is still the best on the team imo.

buchnevich is the wild card. if he shows the strength and resolves with the puck he's shown in the khl and international play, hell be better than most on the roster now.

that line would be a dynamic, creative force.

and wouldn't that be a nice change.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
that line would be a dynamic, creative force.

and wouldn't that be a nice change.

All of the Rangers scoring lines have been pretty dynamic and creative. Buchnevich isn't bringing something to the Rangers that they don't have, he's hopefully joining as another legitimate top six player to a lineup that's generally pretty good already

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
All of the Rangers scoring lines have been pretty dynamic and creative. Buchnevich isn't bringing something to the Rangers that they don't have, he's hopefully joining as another legitimate top six player to a lineup that's generally pretty good already

i could not disagree more.

i saw very little dynamic creative offensive play this season.

i saw us get shut down alot, especially at home in the playoffs. again.

this team was predictable, plodding (not fast), mechanical, perimeter based and showed a consistent inability to go to the net or cycle the puck with purpose.

youth and talent needs to be added to this team up front. soon.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
As Rangers management convenes at team president Glen Sather’s Western White House in La Quinta for its annual hockey department meetings that commenced Tuesday afternoon, general manager Jeff Gorton continues to make progress toward getting Russian blue-chip winger Pavel Buchnevich under contract.

Multiple sources have told The Post that while there is more to be done than simply dotting I’s and crossing T’s, it is possible — though not certain — that an entry-level deal with the 21-year-old could be reached by the weekend.

Buchnevich, the 85th overall selection in the 2013 entry draft, has representation both in North America and in Russia, so the process is not always straightforward. But The Post has been told that Buchnevich has declared his intent to join the Rangers after deferring that decision last year.

If the deal is indeed consummated, the plan would be for Buchnevich — who does not speak English — to spend as much of the summer as possible training in New York in order to become acclimated to his surroundings.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/10/rangers-prepping-to-unveil-top-prospect-as-1st-summer-domino/

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Why is this negotiation so complicated? It's a straight forward entry level contract. The Rangers want the player to play in North America. The player wants to play in North America.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why is this negotiation so complicated? It's a straight forward entry level contract. The Rangers want the player to play in North America. The player wants to play in North America.

Maybe it has something to do with that elbow injury/surgery he had recently?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
ELC's can also have bonuses, etc, which is what I imagine they'd be haggling over

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Buchnevich is represented by Mark Gandler and Todd Diamond. NHLPA certified player agents. Diamond graduated from Queens College. They had Buchnevich train in Pennsylvania a few summers ago with another client

Gandler told NHL.com that Nichushkin and his other two Russian clients participating in the NHL Scouting Combine this week, left wing Pavel Buchnevich and center Bogdan Yakimov, will train together over the summer at Power Train Sports Institute in Manheim, Pa., under the guidance of Steve Saunders. The institute specializes in preparing college football players for the NFL Combine

https://www.nhl.com/news/nichushkin-looking-to-answer-doubters-at-combine/c-672471

I remember Buchnevich said his American agents wanted him to sign with the Rangers last May. His Russian agents wanted him to stay in the KHL.

Buchnevich also played for Russia in some summer camp games in 2014 against Canada and a few other teams in Canada.

He is no stranger to North America.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A 3rd round pick in 2013 & 8.0 on prospect score - do u think it`s an issue that he doesn`t understand english or? :)

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Maybe he wants a one way deal? Some Russians are allergic to the AHL even though a lot of them need time there.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with him not wanting to spend a minute in the AHL. He and his Russian reps probably want assurances that he has options if he, for whatever reason, fails to make the team and get consistent playing time.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kevin Hayes made his decision to sign with the Rangers and the contract was done within hours. Hayes got max bonus money.

With Hayes, we were bidding against other teams. Anything less than max probably wouldn't have gotten it done.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
With Hayes, we were bidding against other teams. Anything less than max probably wouldn't have gotten it done.

The Rangers can potentially be competing with the KHL team.

Kuznetsov got the max bonuses. Tarasenko got the max A bonus of $850,000.

Just get the player signed. It will be a 3 year ELC. The Rangers didn't have to start the contract early and lose a season. The Caps signed Kuznetsov to a 2 year ELC which started in 13-14 and 14-15 was the only full season.

It's a negotiation. Both sides aren't going to get everything the way they want it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If he puts up 40 points in his first season, I am happy. People will expect 70 points from Buch in his first season and will call him a bust if he doesn't get that, but here's the total points of 3 Russians who are pretty good now.

Tarasenko had
19 in 38
43 in 64
73 in 77
74 in 80

Took him 2 whole seasons to be a PPG player

Kucherov:
18 in 52
65 in 82
66 in 77

Kuznetsov:
9 in 17