Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I seriously doubt anyone realistically expects Butch to put up 70 pts in his 1st season. Especially seeing that only 2 players have had 70+ pt seasons since Jagr and his posse left town...

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
We need to pick up a serviceable Russian player to mentor the guy a little; help him get by.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Wonder if the Stars would deal Nichuskin for McI?

2 former first round picks with potential, that don't have the trust of their coaches in their young careers. Also, both have had injury issues, although not major, but still something to consider. We need help up front, and hopefully somebody to mesh with Buch, and they need help on the backend.

It was rumored that the Stars were going to draft McI, if we didn't, since they had the following pick in that draft year. I know it's a different mgmt. in Dallas, but maybe the scouts are still there and have a voice.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The real question is if buch comes over and AV plays Jesper fast in the top 6 over him will he bolt back to Russia

There was a game last season where AV put Tanner Glass with Zucc on the 2nd/3rd line.

he didnt move Zucc to double shift him on the fourth...he moved Glass up.

I have zero faith in AVs ability to put out a sensible lineup.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Wonder if the Stars would deal Nichuskin for McI?

2 former first round picks with potential, that don't have the trust of their coaches in their young careers. Also, both have had injury issues, although not major, but still something to consider. We need help up front, and hopefully somebody to mesh with Buch, and they need help on the backend.

It was rumored that the Stars were going to draft McI, if we didn't, since they had the following pick in that draft year. I know it's a different mgmt. in Dallas, but maybe the scouts are still there and have a voice.

Our RD is probably in the worst shape out of all the positions on the team (G, LW, C, RW, LD).

They had duclair, 4 1sts, 4 2nds, Saarela and Callahan and gave them all away while bringing in zero youthful help up front. I can't imagine them trading away our weakest position now to bring in what they've tried so hard to moronically give away.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Our RD is probably in the worst shape out of all the positions on the team (G, LW, C, RW, LD).

They had duclair, 4 1sts, 4 2nds, Saarela and Callahan and gave them all away while bringing in zero youthful help up front. I can't imagine them trading away our weakest position now to bring in what they've tried so hard to moronically give away.

I agree 100%, however, if AV doesn't trust him enough and won't play him...

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

3 2nd's. Plus, i'm glad we got rid of Callahan, garbage contract.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
callahan didnt have that contract... everyone forgets that!

tampa signed him to that..

rumor is there was a solid bundle of picks offered up by san jose for callahan

So would you have rather made it to the cup with MSL or not? :laugh:

I know we lost, but the run was still an amazing thing to watch as a Rangers fan. I won't ever forget it, personally.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
So would you have rather made it to the cup with MSL or not? :laugh:

I know we lost, but the run was still an amazing thing to watch as a Rangers fan. I won't ever forget it, personally.

id rather have built a better team that could be winning a cup now...

yes we made it to the cup final but then were never as good. i understand that happens but it wasn't that we were in our peak and now the window is closed.. the window closed because of AWFUL asset management. that year we could've traded both girardi and callahan for much more than they are worth. but no were stuck with an god awful contract and no incoming skilled players... the buch and duclair picks were highly unlikely. and still even with them we wouldn't be strong depth wise.

look at what every other team left in the playoffs. they have depth and young guys pushing the roster... we dont. and we have no right handed defensemen in sight... our biggest weakness was our biggest strength and because we stuck to the old guys instead of picking up young guys and letting them grow. look at our forward group a year or two before AV got hired. look at it now. we let the young guys come in and dropped the old expensive guys(gaborik,richards) we did the opposite with the defense and were paying for it now..

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
id rather have built a better team that could be winning a cup now...

yes we made it to the cup final but then were never as good. i understand that happens but it wasn't that we were in our peak and now the window is closed.. the window closed because of AWFUL asset management. that year we could've traded both girardi and callahan for much more than they are worth. but no were stuck with an god awful contract and no incoming skilled players... the buch and duclair picks were highly unlikely. and still even with them we wouldn't be strong depth wise.

look at what every other team left in the playoffs. they have depth and young guys pushing the roster... we dont. and we have no right handed defensemen in sight... our biggest weakness was our biggest strength and because we stuck to the old guys instead of picking up young guys and letting them grow. look at our forward group a year or two before AV got hired. look at it now. we let the young guys come in and dropped the old expensive guys(gaborik,richards) we did the opposite with the defense and were paying for it now..

The window isn't closed. It opens at the start of every season, and closes when the season ends.

The core is still intact, and we're going to be better next year more so than not.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think some people don't want to accept a rebuild and that the core isn't good enough, and instead think getting rid of their least favorite players for nothing will do the trick. I think thats a band-aid solution. It probably just prolongs the rebuild another year or two.

The core isn't that good. We don't have a top 10 forward at their position. Its borderline whether we have a top 10 defenseman at their position. We have a top 10 goalie, but recent cup winning teams haven't won with great goalies, they've won with good enough goalies who had a very good playoffs.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Back to Buchnevich. I'd guess they are still negotiating a condition clause for Buch to go back to KHL if it doesn't work out for him here. Also is it possible that the Rangers are trying to put a limit on some of the bonus clauses while Buch's camp attempts to reduce the length of the contract to 2 years instead of 3 (not sure if it's possible).

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
The window isn't closed. It opens at the start of every season, and closes when the season ends.

The core is still intact, and we're going to be better next year more so than not.

THIS!!

I do not believe in teams having "windows" to win. Every season is a new season, with new hopes and optimism. Any team can retool every year and be better or worse than the previous year, it all depends on how the team meshes and how the players play and personnel decisions the coach makes, and the front office decisions.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
THIS!!

I do not believe in teams having "windows" to win. Every season is a new season, with new hopes and optimism. Any team can retool every year and be better or worse than the previous year, it all depends on how the team meshes and how the players play and personnel decisions the coach makes, and the front office decisions.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night ;)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Back to Buchnevich. I'd guess they are still negotiating a condition clause for Buch to go back to KHL if it doesn't work out for him here. Also is it possible that the Rangers are trying to put a limit on some of the bonus clauses while Buch's camp attempts to reduce the length of the contract to 2 years instead of 3 (not sure if it's possible).

It's not, ELC length is set in stone (though it depends on age)

Since Buchnevich just turned 21, his contract still falls under the ELC rules where it has to be a 3 year contract.

If he wanted to wait an entire other year (no don't!) then he could sign a 2 year contract, but kind of what's the point at that rate.

I'd guess it's about bonuses and any kind of out agreements

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
callahan didnt have that contract... everyone forgets that!

tampa signed him to that..

rumor is there was a solid bundle of picks offered up by san jose for callahan

He asked for too much salary - so Sather moved him to get MSL over here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad