Paul Ranger

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Last two games for sure his best. He has looked a lot more comfortable and hasn't panic or forced things lately. He is starting to look reliable which is a great thing for the team.

I am just wondering who gets scratched when Fraser is back? The team needs Fraser, his physical style is being missed hugely so there is no way he doesn't make the line up. If it were based on tonight Franson sits but obviously that changes day to day, which maybe is the plan, always at least 1 of the 6 having an off night. Unless they send Rielly down then it's pretty easy but that would be the cowards way out imo.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Mike Kostka 2.0

Get yours for a limited time offer of 1mil! Fresh off the Ahl!

Ranger has been our worst defenseman in every game so far. :laugh: Send this plug to the AHL, asap.

First - Matthew Lombardi.

Now - Paul Ranger.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are a professional hockey club looking to establish themselves in the league and be regular playoff contenders.

The Toronto Maple Leafs ARE NOT a Rehab Clinic for former NHL pros trying to re-establish themselves.

Last season, Randy Carlyle took an age to realize that Korbinian Holzer should not have been anywhere near the NHL, and it cost us a lot of points as a result. This time around, he needs to look at Ranger, and at the very least try and move things around because right now it's just not working.

Given that making the playoffs in this league are tough, I say there's no time for patience.

Given the conference/divisional changes, which have statistically and obviously made it even more difficult to make the playoffs, I say there's no time for patience.

Given that the playoffs will be even more of a dogfight this season, and every 2 points is crucial, I say there's no time for patience.

We finished 5 points behind the Bruins last season. A big reason for why the gap was 5 points, was because Carlyle was patient with Holzer, when in truth it was clear for almost 2 weeks that this guy wasn't NHL ready. Patience potentially cost us home-ice, or at the very least a closer gap than 5 points.

I understand the need to be patient, but when it's literally costing you points, then what?

Textbook example of why patience is key. Another fairly solid game from Ranger.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
He's definitely getting better. I think he's somewhat converting to a stay at home D-man to let Gardiner rush the puck up the ice every now and then.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Great to see him slowly improving his game. He's starting to make smarter plays and he's not taking stupid penalties like he was in the first few games. It looks like he's easing into things slowly but surely.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Ranger is starting to adjust to the speed of the NHL.

By the New Year, he'll look like he never left the NHL in the first place.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think Ranger was one of our better defenseman tonight. Played a distinct kind of game, and used his strength to his advantage.

I think his biggest problem right now is realizing the limitations of his skating. It wasn't an issue this game, but sometimes he seems to think he can recover much more than he actually can.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
He's getting better. Still prefer Fraser in there over him when (God willing) the defence is healthy

Gunnar Phaneuf
Gardiner Franson
Rielly Fraser

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
He was logging more minutes than Gunnarsson today. I'm pretty sure he'll be remaining on our top 4. If anything, we're probably going to see Fraser out. Essentially, he'll be competing with Rielly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad