Paul Ranger

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
To "Tak7" who quoted me, and I didnt have a chance to respond.

All your saying is theories and NOT facts, yes ranger was scouted by 20 other GM's as per Dreger on tsn1050 radio.

Please avoid questioning my loyalty as a fan, I love my leafs and I play things in facts not theories. You can't say im unloyal yet your throwing bogus and have zero faith in a guy who missed 4 years on NHL hockey.

I have zero panic, zero.. Pertaining to Paul Ranger, he will be just fine. He just needs more time.

The fact that you say people are the way they are with ranger because he sucks is a joke. The previous thread was about who people disliked. Shouldn't be a factor cause the sample size on Ranger is low at the moment and shouldn't be taken into account.

If that poll isn't closed, that sample size becomes a lot larger. Do the results/patterns in that thread change? Probably not.

And of course it's because he's struggled. If Paul Ranger scored a PP goal every single game for the last 4 games, do you think he's at the bottom of the list?

People mock Leafs Nation's Bi-Polar Tendencies, but they can be very simple at times, like here - when a player doesn't play well, they get on his back. People are on Ranger's back because he's not been good.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
If that poll isn't closed, that sample size becomes a lot larger. Do the results/patterns in that thread change? Probably not.

And of course it's because he's struggled. If Paul Ranger scored a PP goal every single game for the last 4 games, do you think he's at the bottom of the list?

People mock Leafs Nation's Bi-Polar Tendencies, but they can be very simple at times, like here - when a player doesn't play well, they get on his back. People are on Ranger's back because he's not been good.
It's 4 games in after a 4 year lay off. Cut the guy some slack and number get off his back, give him atleast 10-15 games and the speed will be fine. People in here commenting on his lasting and saying he's not fast enough clearly haven't watched him in the o, in Tampa or last year with the marlies.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
you either have speed or you don't. You don't just wait for 10 games for magical speed to appear. You guys are losing it.

Do you honestly believe the people defending Paul Ranger have some misguided hope that Paul Ranger will become a fast skater?

What if I told you there are great NHL players who aren't fast?

Ranger Danger!!!

It's **** like this that gets good defenders run out of this city.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Ranger was great tonight. He's looking more up to speed with each game, and he was fantastic along the boards, just a total beast.

Of course, the morons will still go "BUT BUT RANGER SUX!!!". In another 10 games or so this thread will be active for positive reasons.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Speed in the NHL is all mental rather that raw physical. Milli second thinking to make decisions with puck/play

On some nights, one can look like they're flying and other nights look like quicksand.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Speed in the NHL is all mental rather that raw physical. Milli second thinking to make decisions with puck/play

On some nights, one can look like they're flying and other nights look like quicksand.

When I watch Ranger play, I am sure that his gaffs are mental as opposed to a physical limitation. He is thinking as opposed to reacting and it puts him a step behind. Will he get it back? I don't know, but I think as he gets back into it, he will start reacting properly. Often he makes the right choices, but just a hair too slow.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Ranger's getting too much crap from you guys. He's been inconsistent, yeah - but when he's good, he's a rock. I haven't had much of an issue with him, more of an issue with Gardiner.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
he's been improving with every game, IMO. was quite good last night.

and he was pretty good the game before, too, aside from that one play which was mostly Orr's fault anyways.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
It's 4 games in after a 4 year lay off. Cut the guy some slack and number get off his back, give him atleast 10-15 games and the speed will be fine. People in here commenting on his lasting and saying he's not fast enough clearly haven't watched him in the o, in Tampa or last year with the marlies.

1. It doesn't matter if he's been out 4 years, the guy has had all training camp plus 9 preseason games and 5 regular season games to get his act together. Sorry but this isnt a babysitting service, its a business and if your best people aren't up to snuff then they need to take a seat!

2. Ranger was good 5 years ago, nearly a decade ago! The game has evolved a lot since then and really you can't compare a player to 5 years ago to present, sorry not buying that argument either. As for the Marlies, its a lot slower/softer pace then the NHL.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
1. It doesn't matter if he's been out 4 years, the guy has had all training camp plus 9 preseason games and 5 regular season games to get his act together. Sorry but this isnt a babysitting service, its a business and if your best people aren't up to snuff then they need to take a seat!

2. Ranger was good 5 years ago, nearly a decade ago! The game has evolved a lot since then and really you can't compare a player to 5 years ago to present, sorry not buying that argument either. As for the Marlies, its a lot slower/softer pace then the NHL.

Maybe you didn't watch last night?? The whole point of me posting in this thread is to prove that his decision making is about timing and it would come back after about 10 NHL REGULAR season games, not if he " has it or not" because he clearly does, and it's clearly a timing issue. Maybe someone should baby sit your posts :) . P.s. Do you ever go out and watch the minor midgets being in Kingston?I've only had 2 trips out there so far and have been impressed by a few of the 98's

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Ranger continues to improve with every game. He was a defensive rock out there tonight, on a night where the team looked scrambly facing one of the faster teams in hockey. And he still managed to push the puck effectively and get in on scoring chances.

Relieved to see it. He looked real good tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad