Paul Bissonnette tweet to Carcillo

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Not that Carcillos views on CTE etc are that crazy but he is such a hypocrite and him taking the moral high ground is pretty annoying when he was such a dirty player...

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
It absolutely doesn’t, when Carcillo was advocating for player safety and concussions I gained a bit of respect. But after biz came out with this, I will never gain an ounce of respect for that man
I could not find a way to give him any respect before this. Carcillo was such a piece of **** on the ice as a player, that he comes across so un-authentic in championing for player safety/CTE awareness. As like he's wanting to stay relevant and profit off the movement.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018

He went all in.

Those are pretty damning accusations, especially from someone with as much fan-clout as Biz. Even if Carcillo is a *current* advocate for reform in player safety, his station as a voice for such change is in large part predicated on personal reform. I have a hard time believing that an adult who does either one the actions claimed by Bissonnette (repeatedly, no less) is capable of the level of empathy required to speak for the struggle of one’s fellow players, especially in a field that is in not tangentially media-based.

Reactions: BK

han316

Feb 6, 2013
love the twitter replies to that.

good for him to speak up and put that guy in his place.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Not that Carcillos views on CTE etc are that crazy but he is such a hypocrite and him taking the moral high ground is pretty annoying when he was such a dirty player...

He can no longer bully people on the ice so he switched to bullying them off a self righteous soapbox. No better way to insulate yourself than by coopting a popular cause.

He's pushing the exact same dopamine buttons, just in a different way

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Biz just destroyed him.

I stand for things that Carcillo advocates but I just hope someone better can advocate them. Carcillo was and always will be a giant bully and now it turns out racist among other things.

Biz shouldn’t have been quiet for this long though. Should have called him out earlier.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.... or something.

Biz would have been better off ignoring him. This just looks bad on him
In any confrontation between two people, the one who is wearing the swastika is the one who looks bad.

Can that be true? That is so absurdly stupid and crazy if it is.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
In any confrontation between two people, the one who is wearing the swastika is the one who looks bad.
Yeah, I'm not a Twitter guy but I assumed carcillo was pretty much a nobody, ie someone to be ignored rather than put on blast.

Anyways, sounds like he deserved it

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
giphy.gif

Knew we’d get here eventually.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'd accept an apology from some kid spewing n bombs on the xbox to someone he doesn't know and has never seen, but if carcillo was using it as a genuine dig to someone he knows is mixed race, that's real f***in bad

Last edited by a moderator:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Carcillo's admitted to all of this stuff in recent years, no ? He's had interviews admitting he was a bully, was racist, hazed, etc. Even went to Simmonds and Stewart to apologize for things he said.

Don't want to defend the guys action here, just wanted to mention Carcillo has come out about being an abuser in the past.
In that case maybe he should shut up and go f*** himself in privacy so nobody has to interact with him ever again? Just because he admitted he's human filth doesn't mean he gets a second chance. Not attacking you I'm just saying I don't really care if he apologized. Shoot him into the sun. I love how he acts like he's the victim in all of this. He's not a victim.

Reactions: BillPrep

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Those are pretty damning accusations, especially from someone with as much fan-clout as Biz. Even if Carcillo is a *current* advocate for reform in player safety, his station as a voice for such change is in large part predicated on personal reform. I have a hard time believing that an adult who does either one the actions claimed by Bissonnette (repeatedly, no less) is capable of the level of empathy required to speak for the struggle of one’s fellow players, especially in a field that is in not tangentially media-based.
Biz has held back from getting into arguments with Carcillo for a long time now. But it seemed like he got closer and closer to fighting back every time Carcillo wrote some shit about him, the people close to him or people he work with etc. Looks like he had enough....

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In that case maybe he should shut up and go **** himself in privacy so nobody has to interact with him ever again? Just because he admitted he's human filth doesn't mean he gets a second chance. Not attacking you I'm just saying I don't really care if he apologized. Shoot him into the sun.

Hahaha it's ok. My obsessive nature just wanted to mention it, but everyone can carry on :laugh:

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
In that case maybe he should shut up and go **** himself in privacy so nobody has to interact with him ever again? Just because he admitted he's human filth doesn't mean he gets a second chance. Not attacking you I'm just saying I don't really care if he apologized. Shoot him into the sun.
that's how i see it too, no one's obligated to accept an apology

if you want to go out of your way to put it out there that you've done wrong in the past, fine. you better turn around and disappear after it, not continue egging people on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad