Patriots/NFL Patriots select safety Kyle Dugger out of Division II Lenoir-Rhyne at No. 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jeff Howe has an article at The Athletic where he says he's spoken to people who believe that Jarrett Stidham "is better than Jordan Love and it's not even close."

people who judge him by college production have no idea how bad auburn is for QB’s. It’s where they go to die. The fact he was even draftable is a testament to him

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
From The Athletic:

224. Kyahva Tezino, LB, San Diego State (6-0, 235)

Tezino is instinctive and his motor never shuts down, playing 99.6 percent (1,704/1,710) of the team’s defense snaps the last two seasons. While his play speed stands out, the missed tackles pile up due to his length limitations and wild technique. Overall, Tezino needs to improve his anticipation in coverage and finishing skills, but he trusts his vision, doesn’t second guess himself and competes with the physicality that will serve him well in the NFL.

297. J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona (5-5, 185)
Taylor is a quicker than fast athlete who loves to punch the gas instead of tapping on the brakes to attack defenses. While he should be commended for hurried decisiveness in the backfield, if he showed better discipline with his reads, he would see bigger holes about to open. Overall, Taylor has the shifty feet, soft hands and go-go-go play attitude that makes him a fun watch, but it will take the right situation for him to earn a roster spot as a change-of-pace option.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Jeff Howe has an article at The Athletic where he says he's spoken to people who believe that Jarrett Stidham "is better than Jordan Love and it's not even close."

This is going to sound like a homer take, but I'd honestly take him as the 4th QB in this draft. Love has a high ceiling, but his floor is also low due to questions about his decision-making (i.e. interceptions). Hurts has the running ability, plus he throws a good deep ball, but I've got concerns about his accuracy on medium passes (10-20 yards).

Stidham has the arm, and looks as good as anyone throwing in shorts. He also fits the Patriots offense much better than Love or Hurts. It's all about whether he can put it all together on the field.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is going to sound like a homer take, but I'd honestly take him as the 4th QB in this draft. Love has a high ceiling, but his floor is also low due to questions about his decision-making (i.e. interceptions). Hurts has the running ability, plus he throws a good deep ball, but I've got concerns about his accuracy on medium passes (10-20 yards).

Stidham has the arm, and looks as good as anyone throwing in shorts. He also fits the Patriots offense much better than Love or Hurts. It's all about whether he can put it all together on the field.

Yup. I wish his release was just a little quicker. But the arm is +A and he can bend the ball over linebackers into those windows very well.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Nick Coe | NFL.com

274. Nick Coe, Edge, Auburn (6-5, 280)
A high school champion wrestler, Coe plays with the point-of-attack power to bully blockers, using his hands as clubs. However, he doesn’t properly time his punch or surprise blockers with his attack, negating his imposing length and force. Overall, Coe has a projectable body type and the natural strength worthy of NFL action, but he is an unseasoned, one-dimensional power rusher with rigid movements and questionable football character.

Reactions: Smitty93 and CDJ

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

I'll up your homerism.

I think I like him more for the Patriots than Justin Herbert, who I think is a bit boom or bust.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Nick Coe | NFL.com

274. Nick Coe, Edge, Auburn (6-5, 280)
A high school champion wrestler, Coe plays with the point-of-attack power to bully blockers, using his hands as clubs. However, he doesn’t properly time his punch or surprise blockers with his attack, negating his imposing length and force. Overall, Coe has a projectable body type and the natural strength worthy of NFL action, but he is an unseasoned, one-dimensional power rusher with rigid movements and questionable football character.

was hoping they’d take him in round 6 or 7, my fav UDFA so far

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
De’Jon Harris has a chance to be like elandon Roberts

interested in seeing J’Mar Smith in the preseason. Im a sucker for dual threat QBs

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Eh Fromm doesn't do much for me. Weak arm.

Definition of a game manager type at best.

ESPN hyped him up WAY too much a few years ago. He's not that type of player.
I’ve been a fan of his since he was a freshman, and I loved his decision-making and ‘intangibles.’

As for the arm... that can be improved (to a point) and to be honest, I don’t think the post-Brady offense is going to be flinging the ball all over the place, anyway. I really think Belichick is going to cast this team in the image of his old New York Giants teams, or he’s going to die trying. He’s going to set the wayback machine to 1986, and I thought Fromm would have been a good fit for that. Hopefully Stidham will be.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Ugh... So tired of this stuff...

I’m going to take him at his word that it doesn’t mean what he thought it meant when he got it, and he’s going to get it covered up.

I personally don’t care what anyone’s politics are - just make the plays on the field. I’ll bet he got along just fine with the racially diverse roster at Marshall, and it’s hard to hide ink in a locker room.

Reactions: Gator Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad