Patrik Laine is going to blow the roof off NWA & Hockey in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Laine fans need to read the room, and this Panarin sub-topic is the perfect example.

1) Not everything is about the slapper or the laser. The wizardry of the #9 goal is that you didn’t even know he’d taken it.

2) The sub-topic began with a poster making the point that Panarin scored a huge goal FOR THE JACKETS. Fans of the player only might not care but those of us who are fans of the team, about which this part of the message board is about, do. Of course, we hope #29 is here a good long time and scored a bunch of playoff winners for the CBJ, but it’s early yet and silly to act otherwise.

Don't get me (us?) wrong, that Panarin goal is super nice. But as this is Laine topic, my (our?) message was basically: "Don't worry, Laine will score a ton of beautiful and important goals for the Blue Jackets."

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
That was without a doubt the sweetest shot I have ever witnessed. It didn’t even look like he shot the puck.

It is actually impressive how much power there is in the shot because it looks like such a minimal flick of the wrist.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
An earlier post had some of this but here is the translated Laine interview via Twitter:

I like the sound of Columbus being the "military type" of NHL team. All team sports are in essence practice for warfare so I'm quite sure this is the highest yielding culture type.

I would be surprised if Laine doesn't re-sign here because even the city seems like the perfect place for a guy like him.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
He can be our #1 sniper, the guy that makes the offense run. Our team will support getting him his shots from his spot.. the team just needs to settle down and possess the puck. We have the talent, we have secondary scoring, we have the defensive structure and great goal tending. lets get in the habit of winning and see how far we can exert ourselves on the opponents.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Nice snap shot wrister tonight (this morning, it's soon 6 AM here). Looked like he was going to casually deke that D, but the puck went to top left corner.

Reactions: Garbox

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Laine & Torts' bromance points went up by +1 today after that fight, but Tortorella has to teach him how to punch.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Torts or Foligno or both need to tell Laine never to fight. That is his second fight this year and he absolutely cannot do it. He is a huge guy and I am afraid there might be some false sense of safety in it for him. But if he doesn't break his hand sooner or later some one who can fight will knock him silly. It is a lovely sentiment to stand up for a team mate. Now he has done it. Never again.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Torts or Foligno or both need to tell Laine never to fight. That is his second fight this year and he absolutely cannot do it. He is a huge guy and I am afraid there might be some false sense of safety in it for him. But if he doesn't break his hand sooner or later some one who can fight will knock him silly. It is a lovely sentiment to stand up for a team mate. Now he has done it. Never again.

He kinda got knocked silly tonight. By a guy who is 4-5 inches shorter and 30-35 pounds lighter. Hagel isn't much of a fighter, either. I agree that he should never fight.:laugh:

Hell of a snipe tonight though.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Maybe Laine should do it that way instead, even if he gets a penalty:

PS. that story about being a goaltender is true, but only half true. He was playing *both* as a forward and as a goalie at that time. Just dropped out the goalie thing, and concentrated on being a forward.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Laine & Torts' bromance points went up by +1 today after that fight, but Tortorella has to teach him how to punch.

Tortorella has to teach him not to punch. I love the warrior inside Laine, but he should not be the guy throwing those punches. Maybe just give a nice little body check or a cross-check, but dropping gloves is not wise for him. He will eventually hurt his hands or his brains doing so.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He played OK today. He didn’t seem to have his legs or head in it as much after the fight. Which is a reason why he shouldn’t have done it. He did good to stick up for his teammate and I’m sure the team loved it, but leave that to the Foligno’s.

Reactions: Laine5GoalGame

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
He played OK today. He didn’t seem to have his legs or head in it as much after the fight. Which is a reason why he shouldn’t have done it. He did good to stick up for his teammate and I’m sure the team loved it, but leave that to the Foligno’s.

Well i think if teams number 1 forward drops gloves for his teammates it tells something. Im glad he did, he showed to team that he is in for every part of him. He knows this is team welded and everyone is working for eatch and other. He showed that he is ready to do anything to be part of the team. But rest of the season let the captain fight cause Nick is one tough faker.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Tortorella has to teach him not to punch. I love the warrior inside Laine, but he should not be the guy throwing those punches. Maybe just give a nice little body check or a cross-check, but dropping gloves is not wise for him. He will eventually hurt his hands or his brains doing so.
Hes shot was already of, even somehow skating after he got tagged to head in that fight. Probably it goes away as time passes, but I dont think its a great idea to do that alot.

Reactions: Halberdier

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Mm in the interview he talks about how everything's different with the systems Maurice and Tortorella play and that adjusting to the new one has been a challenge for him which causes him to play too slowly.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I love how Patty just stands there doing nothing and scores that one-timer, as he is just a one-trick-pony :sarcasm:
I don't think that anyone who's watched him play can honestly call him one trick pony. It's quite obvious that the crowd that does that wouldn't give Laine credit even if he lead his team in assists. This was a filthy goal btw, it's unfair to the goalie to shoot like that.

Reactions: Halberdier

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I don't think that anyone who's watched him play can honestly call him one trick pony. It's quite obvious that the crowd that does that wouldn't give Laine credit even if he lead his team in assists. This was a filthy goal btw, it's unfair to the goalie to shoot like that.

Yeah. What really does amaze me that under some rock there are even a couple of Winnipeg guys that still parrot that pre-draft lie about Laine being an one-trick pony. BS talk that was not even true for his amazing 15-16 FEL season & playoffs, WJC and record breaking WHC tournament.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

I do agree with that but knowing Laine, he is a good teammate and will continue to defend his teammates, so he probably needs some more boxing, wrestling or even MMA moves so that the chance is smaller that he will hurt himself.

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah. What really does amaze me that under some rock there are even a couple of Winnipeg guys that still parrot that pre-draft lie about Laine being an one-trick pony.

I think that those are some Toronto fans in disguise who have been insecure about their Matthews draft pick since that draft, but no need to be as Matthews is a great player as well.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
I do agree with that but knowing Laine, he is a good teammate and will continue to defend his teammates, so he probably needs some more boxing, wrestling or even MMA moves so that the chance is smaller that he will hurt himself.

So next summer some training with Amirkhani? :D

Reactions: Mestaruus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad