Patrik Elias

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Now that we've completely derailed the Patrik Elias thread.:laugh:

Which just gave me a good idea. We should have a thread for old Devils talk. Like talk of the past, historical, old games, etc. That way, we don't have to derail other threads with it, including the current team discussions!:)

I'll have to watch this one a little later, when I get 9 minutes of consecutive free time. I think I've seen it before though.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
:laugh: BACK TO PATTY!!!

7890cf62abc0da92934995d458b9a341.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Which just gave me a good idea. We should have a thread for old Devils talk. Like talk of the past, historical, old games, etc. That way, we don't have to derail other threads with it, including the current team discussions!:)

Sadly that would probably be dominated with KHL All-Star talk until he retires for good at least :sarcasm:

The funny thing re: Lemaire with Elias is they had issues during Lemaire 1.0 cause Elias was still a kid and Lemaire really wasn't trusting of kids before his time in Minnesota, but early in Lemaire 2.0 he said something nice about Elias and Patrik responded to the effect of 'a coach praising me, I'm not used to that' :laugh: (of course that was coming off the Sutter tenure, and Patty definitely had issues with Sutter)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sadly that would probably be dominated with KHL All-Star talk until he retires for good at least :sarcasm:

The funny thing re: Lemaire with Elias is they had issues during Lemaire 1.0 cause Elias was still a kid and Lemaire really wasn't trusting of kids before his time in Minnesota, but early in Lemaire 2.0 he said something nice about Elias and Patrik responded to the effect of 'a coach praising me, I'm not used to that' :laugh: (of course that was coming off the Sutter tenure, and Patty definitely had issues with Sutter)

I was always a Lemaire supporter, but he lost me during that 98 series and he was skewered by the media during that series. At least in the papers, from what I remember. I'm pretty sure NHL2Nite was critiquing him during that playoff year. I forgot if Melrose was still there or not. Sometimes, coaches do all they can with one team and it's just time to go. I think Julien in Boston was that case. Lemaire took us as far as he could and it was time for a change in 98. Was Lemaire 1.0 the longest tenured coach in Devils history? I'm pretty sure he was. 5 years under Lou, was like 10 years under most other GM's haha. Scott Daniels for Petr Sykora was another head scratcher. It almost seemed like Lemaire had cracked and was just like ''**** it!'' at that point.

I think Patty's game took off under Ftorek, the Ftorek system allowed more offensive creativity, though Patty was still only like 21 (maybe just turned 22) when he last played for Lemaire 1.0?

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I was always a Lemaire supporter, but he lost me during that 98 series and he was skewered by the media during that series. At least in the papers, from what I remember. I'm pretty sure NHL2Nite was critiquing him during that playoff year. I forgot if Melrose was still there or not. Sometimes, coaches do all they can with one team and it's just time to go. I think Julien in Boston was that case. Lemaire took us as far as he could and it was time for a change in 98. Was Lemaire 1.0 the longest tenured coach in Devils history? I'm pretty sure he was. 5 years under Lou, was like 10 years under most other GM's haha. Scott Daniels for Petr Sykora was another head scratcher. It almost seemed like Lemaire had cracked and was just like ''**** it!'' at that point.

I think Patty's game took off under Ftorek, the Ftorek system allowed more offensive creativity, though Patty was still only like 21 (maybe just turned 22) when he last played for Lemaire 1.0?

I also blame Lemaire for stunting Niedermayer's offensive game. He held him back and I understand the defensive team game that brought us success but he should of recognized Niedermayer was a special talent. He was drafted as one of the best defense prospects in a decade with potenial to have 60+ point season regularly. He made him better defensivly but making jokes in the media about Niedermayer, there were things that shouldn't have happened. He's still a hall of famer because of who he is but that could ruin a lesser man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad