Speculation: Patrick Kane to sign with BUF this week (Update: He didn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Trade Faksa to free up 3.25 and that should be enough.

Robertson - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Johnston - Kane
Dadonov - Seguin - Duchene
Marchment - Steel - Dellandrea

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Probably just another example of Friedman throwing darts to keep his name out there.

But if it's true, could be a case or Kane's camp reaching out and Dallas saying they weren't interested.

Or maybe they're still trying to make room capwise. :dunno:

He also mentioned that he was told that rumor in September and that since then Dallas has implied they're looking for defense.

But, he said he can't rule them out because he still is hearing their name thrown out there in discussions Friedman is having I suppose so he's not sure where the Stars currently stand on Kane

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Blackhawks have turned the page on 19 and 88 but we could sure use a good winger or two in our top 6

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He also mentioned that he was told that rumor in September and that since then Dallas has implied they're looking for defense.

But, he said he can't rule them out because he still is hearing their name thrown out there in discussions Friedman is having I suppose so he's not sure where the Stars currently stand on Kane
Can I interest you in a petry addition?

Reactions: Realgud

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If the Red Wings sign Kane and trade for Hanifin I think they have ECF potential. It's time for Yzerman to take a few risks.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
If the Red Wings sign Kane and trade for Hanifin I think they have ECF potential. It's time for Yzerman to take a few risks.

Can't see any big trades, not that you can take any GM at their word for it but pre season Yzerman said and I'm sure I am paraphrasing a good amount "worst thing you can do is to start trading assets and mortgaging your future before you have even made it to the playoffs or anywhere". Got to know what you have first.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I know the ask is going to just be ridiculous, but I would love a hanafin+lindholm trade. Honestly only have about 5-6 players on nhl roster I would want to keep and less than that in our prospect pool to be made available for it.

Yzerman takes that risk? I'll go down with the boat forever, i won't even care. Adding kane after that trade would be hilarious in a "fuc* it" sort of way.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Can't see any big trades, not that you can take any GM at their word for it but pre season Yzerman said and I'm sure I am paraphrasing a good amount "worst thing you can do is to start trading assets and mortgaging your future before you have even made it to the playoffs or anywhere". Got to know what you have first.
He's also more or less hitched his wagon to a 26 and a 27 year old player. This season and next might be the best the Red Wings ever get out of Larkin and DeBrincat, not to mention Compher, Gostisbehere and a few others. If they can get an extension done I would put anything other than Edvinsson, Kasper or Danielson on the table for a top four defenseman like Hanifin who also fits the core's age range.

I know the ask is going to just be ridiculous, but I would love a hanafin+lindholm trade. Honestly only have about 5-6 players on nhl roster I would want to keep and less than that in our prospect pool to be made available for it.

Yzerman takes that risk? I'll go down with the boat forever, i won't even care. Adding kane after that trade would be hilarious in a "fuc* it" sort of way.
If he could pull that off, with Calgary taking Fabbri and Maatta back to help balance the cap hits, he should be willing to trade basically anything that's not currently on the Wings roster.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
He's also more or less hitched his wagon to a 26 and a 27 year old player. This season and next might be the best the Red Wings ever get out of Larkin and DeBrincat, not to mention Compher, Gostisbehere and a few others. If they can get an extension done I would put anything other than Edvinsson, Kasper or Danielson on the table for a top four defenseman like Hanifin who also fits the core's age range.

If he could pull that off, with Calgary taking Fabbri and Maatta back to help balance the cap hits, he should be willing to trade basically anything that's not currently on the Wings roster.

Larkin and Debrincat are definitely at the prime age to be going for it, I don't disagree and there is never guarantees in a prospect pool so getting guys like Hanifin make sense. You hope your prospects turn out that good. I would not be against Yzerman making some bold moves. Heck, I wanna see some big time games, it's been a long time . I also won't be sad if we stand pat and see what we have, even if that leads to missing the playoffs. Next year is when alot of fans will start to get antsy IMO.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

If and when the Wings become truly competitive neither of those two will be expected to be carrying the load for the Wings. No Cup is won with just under 25yo players. The commitment to Larkin is to be the leader in the room so the younger guys don't have to bear the brunt of the media during growing pains. It's the younger wave that's the core that Yzerman is building around. Obviously nowhere near the same tier of player, but early Larkin is much like early Yzerman. Running solo with a wasteland around him until reinforcements started showing up. There's still five 1st rounders from the last 3 drafts to graduate.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Question on if he did sign a 1 year, 4 million deal. Is that verbiage to assume that it's prorated and really a 1 year 2.75 (rough estimate) million deal based on games remaining? Or would it be a full 4 million from the date of signing (and really like a 6 million deal if he had signed in September?).

Yes. Kane’s take home paychecks would be pro-rated based on the % of days remaining in the regular season.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Went through the comments and this person claims they have inside sources within red wings organization. So I guess we shall see

Is he trying to impersonate one of the Winged Wheel Podcast guys? Because that's not Evan's @. Evan and the WWP guys do have connections with the Wings, but no idea about this guy.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Wherever he signs - I'm curious as to when he'll actually suit up for a game...Maybe practicing with the club for a week - possible 2 weeks before he's ready?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I honestly have no idea how the Rangers would manage their cap space to fit Kane on the roster.

I assume by tomorrow they will have an extra 2 million and change free, that Kakko injury looked rough. Hope the best for the kid.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

GaboriklessWild

Oct 20, 2013
It's quite surprising to me that this guy at this stage of his career is still trying to pocket as much money as possible instead of trying to win the Cup

Reactions: FMichael

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I mean sounds like that's what Kane wanted but Rangers not interested

heard the same, would make sense on both sides since he basically demanded the rangers last year and by all accounts enjoyed his time there. rangers just didn't have cap space and didn't have the need to warrant creating the cap space and the role. with kakko down for what looks like probably the season that could change the picture.

was mostly a joke. in reality it changed the odds of coming back from 0.00% to 0.1%. i know he's expected to sign w/ det and i don't think he'd be willing to listen if asked at this point. i'd also be surprised if the kakko injury would be something that made the rangers reach out and express interest now.

but like lloyd christmas once said ...so you're saying there's a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce