Speculation: Patrick Kane to sign with BUF this week (Update: He didn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Dunno this guy's credibility, but buffalo seems like the perfect fit for Kane. Not sure about that cap hit/aav though 🫣

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
meh, that would not be a surprise if true, Kaners home town would have always been an option in 88's mind IMO

Reactions: Voight

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Andrew Peters who broke the Eichel trade posted this today:

Chad D who broke the Tage & Cozens contracts posted this:

John Wawrow the AP reporter for the Sabres posted this:

At the very least, there’s definitely smoke. I have my doubts it’ll work out. But we’ve been far from impressive this year and have no wing depth right now so f*** it. Let’s try.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Why Kane?

Any number of rumored dmen upgrades would be better use of cap.
Our defense has been surprisingly fine but I agree I'd like to upgrade again. But don't see it happening with Ryan Johnson looking like he belongs and us just signing EJ and Clfton.

The odd man out to be traded would be Jokiharju, who has been pretty impressive to start the year.

Bottom line is Sabres can't score, generate offense and the PP looks horrendous. A lot of work to be done and I'm surprised how well we've been treading water so far. We definitely have looked by the eye test worse than our record and the underlying numbers agree.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It doesn't make sense Buffalo is 7th in the division 3 points up on Ottawa, but Ottawa has 2 games in hand, and that is only going to increase because Buffalo is not going to Sweden for some reason with the other Atlantic Division teams, it's Minnesota instead, why are they bringing 3 Atlantic teams and Minnesota? I don't understand.

But regardless they don't have a week off like Toronto, Detroit and Ottawa do, which means they are playing games, teams around them are going to start gaining games in hand and Ottawa is probably going to pass Buffalo at some point because unless I miscounted that is possible Ottawa is going to have up to 6 games in hand on Buffalo by the first week of December.

That's just Ottawa I don't know what the number is for Toronto and Detroit.

Point is this Sweden trip has put Buffalo in a tough spot.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for Kane to sign there he could be signing with a last place team.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
It doesn't make sense Buffalo is 7th in the division 3 points up on Ottawa, but Ottawa has 2 games in hand, and that is only going to increase because Buffalo is not going to Sweden for some reason with the other Atlantic Division teams, it's Minnesota instead, why are they bringing 3 Atlantic teams and Minnesota? I don't understand.

But regardless they don't have a week off like Toronto, Detroit and Ottawa do, which means they are playing games, teams around them are going to start gaining games in hand and Ottawa is probably going to pass Buffalo at some point because unless I miscounted that is possible Ottawa is going to have up to 6 games in hand on Buffalo by the first week of December.

That's just Ottawa I don't know what the number is for Toronto and Detroit.

Point is this Sweden trip has put Buffalo in a tough spot.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for Kane to sign there he could be signing with a last place team.
it is his hometown team, maybe he sees potential ?

:dunno:

Reactions: banks

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Why Kane?

Any number of rumored dmen upgrades would be better use of cap.
Our D corps is playing just fine and there's no realistic room for an upgrade at the moment. We need veteran scoring and playmaking to push the likes of Olofsson out of the lineup. Bring on PK88, the prodigal son.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Would make sense. Finish his career where he grew up.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Patrick Kane - I want to sign with a contender

Signs in Buffalo

IMG_4251.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad