Patrick Kane subject of police investigation II [READ MOD OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
They might say, “Yes, please, that’s kind of you,” and then when the tea arrives they actually don’t want the tea at all. Sure, that’s kind of annoying as you’ve gone to the effort of making the tea, but they remain under no obligation to drink the tea. They did want tea, now they don’t. Sometimes people change their mind in the time it takes to boil that kettle, brew the tea and add the milk. And it’s okay for people to change their mind, and you are still not entitled to watch them drink it even though you went to the trouble of making it.

http://www.theloop.ca/this-woman-just-explained-consent-with-the-most-perfect-metaphor/

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
In my situation it was and that was cool. The women and me actually be came friends, she was sharp and beautiful southern bell out of Nashville. Fond memories.

That's cool. But I think the assumption is often out there that messing around leads to sexual intercourse unless it is specifically proscribed at the outset. That assumption always seemed crazy to me.

And seriously, consider this - just because I'm messing around with someone doesn't necessarily mean I want to ****. Suppose I don't. Could that person then reasonably believe that the fact that I don't insulting to them? That's nuts. And yet, that's the way many dudes think about women.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
It's sad but Kane will probably get special treatment just because he's Kane.

I don't think Kane is getting special treatment per say. The NHL has the luxury of waiting since the season has not yet begun.

I am guessing they would have done the same with Voynov or Varlamov had they been out of season incidents.

Now if the investigation is on going is not resolved by the start of training camp then I would think the NHL might take further action.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
IF guilty, he would not be the first either sadly.

Hopefully justice will prevail and the truth will come out in court.

Even sadder is Kane has the money and potential to drag this out as long as he can a-la Kobe until the victim gets tired of the media attention and harassment so they just drop the case or settle.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
Either way, Patrick Kane is a dick.

Either he allegedly committed a rape and deserves to be in jail
Or
He allegedly cheated on his girlfriend with another girl at their home as the results of the rape kit will be in by now.

Last edited:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

Either he allegedly is a rapist that will be in jail
Or
He allegedly cheated on his girlfriend with another girl at their home as the results of the rape kit will be in by now.

This is the first time any hockey news/drama has happened that reading the thread on HF is actually much worse than just waiting for news to develop. Usually it's interesting, insightful and funny...

Ugh.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Either he allegedly is a rapist that will be in jail
Or

If they find evidence of intercourse on the girl's body, at best, he just cheated on his GF. At worst, he's a rapist.

Regardless of the outcome, he's got some attitude problems, that's for sure. I don't know who can set his head straight. It seems his parents can't do much about it. The Hawks upper management and the coaching staff should tell him to grow up, if they haven't done it already.

e46330ivs*

Let's hope Kane and the woman do the right thing and tell the truth whatever that may be, and regardless of protection against self-incrimination.

Very seldom do people confess in these kind of cases. Sometimes because they are innocent, sometimes because they don't remember, usually because they only think of themselves.

Pipe dream, but an act one could respect, regardless of what might have happened on that actual night.

The only crime worst then rape is being accused of it without having committed the offence.

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
So am I literally the only one who's wondering if this could be the break the Flames and Ducks are waiting for?

If Kane can't play, this is a much bigger benefit to the Ducks than it is to the Flames. The Flames have several other teams that are arguably stronger to go through, the Ducks may be the top contender in the West now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Or

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a rape kit?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Committing genocide is way worse than being accused of rape. Just saying...

And even worse than that is being accused of committing genocide without having actually done it!! :sarcasm:

HawksFanTim

Jul 17, 2013
Washington DC

Or

By that logic 95% of NHL players are dicks. I imagine the amount of guys who don't cheat to be miniscule.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
By that logic 95% of NHL players are dicks. I imagine the amount of guys who don't cheat to be miniscule.

If 95% of them do cheat, then 95% of them are dicks. Just cuz you're a nhl player doesn't excuse the fact you're a cheater and thus a dick.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Those percentages represent CONFIRMED false accusations which means that 2-10% is AT LEAST how many are false. This trend is a valid concern.

Don't forget of REPORTED cases only. Only 6% are reported!

http://www.sexassault.ca/statistics.htm

Sexual Assault Statistics in Canada
A Numerical Representation of the Truth

Of every 100 incidents of sexual assault, only 6 are reported to the police
1 - 2% of "date rape" sexual assaults are reported to the police
1 in 4 North American women will be sexually assaulted during their lifetime
11% of women have physical injury resulting for sexual assault
Only 2 - 4% of all sexual assaults reported are false reports

60% of sexual abuse/assault victims are under the age of 17
over 80% of sex crime victims are women
80% of sexual assault incidents occur in the home
17% of girls under 16 have experienced some form of incest