Patrick Kane subject of police investigation II [READ MOD OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
If that is the case, Kane's lawyers are going to have a field day bringing a few hundred reporters and news agencies to court. A number of these articles/tweets/etc. haven't exactly been neutral in regards to his level of involvement.

Do you have any examples? All the articles and tweets I've read have been pretty straightforward and not accusatory towards either the alleged victim or alleged assaulter.

I hate the press grapevine. It's ridiculous.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Deadspin in 2012 documented Kane's violence against women during a bender in Madison, WI. He allegedly choked a woman for rejecting him and kissed unsuspecting women. These allegations, not the cab incident, make me deeply suspicious of Kane. http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructing-patrick-kanes-drunken-weekend-in-madison

And in the issue of "risky behavior", women already make substantial accommodations to stay safe, starting when they're old enough to attract attention from gross guys when they're like 11 years old.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
To be fair, there have been many cases of false accusation. Depending on the crime there may be no recovery from a false accusation.

The defendant is innocent until proven guilty but that doesnt mean that the "victim" should be accused of lying.

False accusation is extremely rare and rape is a underreported crime.

S A W F T*

Not reading the 20 pages since I went to bed last night.

Any new NEWS to report?

Or just more wild speculation?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Any new NEWS to report?

Unfortunately, wild speculation will never die, even when the case is decided. Rape, by its very nature, doesn't have video/recording/third-party testimony to confirm what happened. Medical evidence moves us in the right direction, but there will always be enough wiggle room between what he-said and she-said for people to insert doubt and skepticism.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Deadspin in 2012 documented Kane's violence against women during a bender in Madison, WI. He allegedly choked a woman for rejecting him and kissed unsuspecting women. These allegations, not the cab incident, make me deeply suspicious of Kane. http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructing-patrick-kanes-drunken-weekend-in-madison

And in the issue of "risky behavior", women already make substantial accommodations to stay safe, starting when they're old enough to attract attention from gross guys when they're like 11 years old.

This 2012 'incident' was accurate about 1 thing... Kane was drinking. Never charged with choking anyone.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

That story was debunked when it was revealed the source was a teenage boy living in Illinois who was not at party nor in Madison

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I second this. It's a hockey forum, I come here to avoid this type of garbage. Don't we have other sections for this type of stuff?

Absolutely. I can check TMZ for this crap. I can also read stupid comments on Yahoo if I want to.

Bringing this up is fine, since it is related to one of hockey's biggest stars and the top jersey seller of 2014 but all the vague speculation related to non-hockey actions is facepalm level on an NHL board tbh.

thatsenoughnow

May 15, 2015
This has probably been asked but this thread is too long to go through..

Let's say, hypothetically, Kane was also drunk. Why is he the rapist? (or any males in general)

I just don't understand how a girl gets 'raped' at a party and the guy was also drunk.. Why can't he claim he was raped as well? Doesn't seem fair to me...

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Let's say, hypothetically, Kane was also drunk. Why is he the rapist? (or any males in general)

I just don't understand how a girl gets 'raped' at a party and the guy was also drunk.. Why can't he claim he was raped as well? Doesn't seem fair to me...

Reputation and general assumptions. :handclap:

I remember a TV documentary about women being violent against their husbands etc. like it's some kind of phenomenon.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

99.9 % of male rape victims are raped by another man.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Any new NEWS to report?

Investigation on going, woman went to the hospital for examination after the alleged incident.

NHL & Blackhawks monitoring the situation.

I am guessing since it is not the regular season the NHL can wait for investigation to complete.

If this was during the season, they probably would have suspended Kane.
Voynov was suspend within 24 hours following his incident even though charges were not filed til a month later.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
How do you expect a woman going to a man's house to protect herself if she withdraws consent and the man chooses not to acknowledge it? Should she have pepperspray in her underwear just in case things go south?.

I'm convinced that a lot of people on this thread have zero experience. It's completely normal for adults to go to someone's place, mess around, and one say that it stops at such and such a point. For well-adjusted folks the point is, after all, to have fun and the moment someone gets uncomfortable is the moment when the fun stops.

I'm not saying that the alleged victim necessarily wanted to mess around. I'm just making the point that a lot of date rape happens when people do want to mess around and the rapist doesn't respect boundaries.

One of the great things about maturity (and relative sobriety) is that it often brings the awareness and willingness to clearly state boundaries, which actually makes it much easier to have fun.

thatsenoughnow

May 15, 2015
Reputation and general assumptions. :handclap:

I remember a TV documentary about women being violent against their husbands etc. like it's some kind of phenomenon.

That's pretty messed up.. An assumption that will ruin a person's life.. I understand that reputation of a specific guy matters, but to assume it just horrible.

I think the term 'rape' is being used too lightly these days, if a girl is drunk and has sex with a guy and regrets it in the morning, doesn't make it rape...

99.9 % of male rape victims are raped by another man.

lol.... I don't believe you, source?

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

So Patrick was the one saying " no stop?" I guess its possible.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The magic word is NO. Even if she went home with Kane and they had foreplay, if she decides at that moment she doesn't want to go further, that's it and it's happened to me.

My advice to you young guys is go take a cold shower if that was to happen to you. NO means NO. Not saying that's what happened in the Kane situation. Only Kane and the young woman know the truth.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

A man could claim rape, if she had forced herself on him. Rape isn't just sex when drunk, it's forcible sex against a person's will or without consent. Being drunk doesn't absolve someone from responsibility if they have sex with someone who says no or is too drunk to give consent.

As a woman I literally feel sick reading through threads like this.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Investigation on going, woman went to the hospital for examination after the alleged incident.

NHL & Blackhawks monitoring the situation.

I am guessing since it is not the regular season the NHL can wait for investigation to complete.

If this was during the season, they probably would have suspended Kane.
Voynov was suspend within 24 hours following his incident even though charges were not filed til a month later.

It's sad but Kane will probably get special treatment just because he's Kane.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I second this. It's a hockey forum, I come here to avoid this type of garbage. Don't we have other sections for this type of stuff?

Agreed.

This thread is ready to be ended.

/thread

Despite the lack of factual evidence, this remains a hockey-related topic that people clearly want to discuss. A circular discussion is better than a closed discussion (as long as limits are respected).

In my personal opinion, the thread's value is in the writing, not the reading.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
The magic word is NO. Even if she went home with Kane and they had foreplay, if she decides at that moment she doesn't want to go further, that's it and it's happened to me.

My advice to you young guys is go take a cold shower. NO means NO. Not saying that's what happened in the Kane situation. Only Kane and the young woman know.

I think dudes need more than a cold shower. They need an attitude adjustment. Messing around isn't necessarily 'foreplay'.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
It's sad but Kane will probably get special treatment just because he's Kane.

IF guilty, he would not be the first either sadly.

Hopefully justice will prevail and the truth will come out in court.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
There's too much idiocy in this thread, please just close it down. There's no reason to speculate: Kane is innocent until proven guilty and the alleged victim's story should be taken seriously until otherwise proven.

Agreed.

This thread is ready to be ended.

/thread

Not only can you decide not to click on this thread, but HFBoards also allows you to click on a link to ignore the thread completely in case you just can’t control yourself.

I understand there are some idiotic comments here & there, but overall most people are having a rather fair discussion (about the biggest story in the league by far at the moment) – sorry if you can’t handle it or it upsets you, but I despise when people call for a thread to be shut down so they can decide what others should/shouldn’t be allowed to discuss vs. just worrying about themselves.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I think dudes need more than a cold shower. They need an attitude adjustment. Messing around isn't necessarily 'foreplay'.

In my situation it was and that was cool. The women and me actually be came friends, she was sharp and beautiful southern bell out of Nashville. Fond memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad